Stout Risius Ross, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3-4 hour interview process. The interview includes a 20 minute company presentation, a 30 minute technical assessment, a 30 minute writing assessment, 3 30 minute 2 person interviews, and finally a wrap-up.

The technical assessment included 10-k questions, excel calculations, and logic questions. The writing assessment asked you to respond to an email from a client.

The interviews were a mix of behavioral questions, walk me through your resume, and technical questions.

Everyone was very nice during the interview and overall, it was a smooth process compared to similar firms.

Disputed Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Interview

I was interviewed at campus. The company did not have any info sections. And there only are two days after I got interview notification and went to the interview.
    The interviewee was super easy and nice. The environment was comfortable and relaxed. He had a list of questions and asked me one by one. Then I had a bunch of time to ask questions about the recruiter's working experiences and job related concerns.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions, like what's the biggest success and failures.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a 1-on-1 on campus interview where they asked mainly technical questions (what's FCF, valuation techniques, CAPM, etc) as well as describing your experiences thus far on your resume. I was invited back for another interview at their office for interviews and lunch from about 9:00am-3:00pm. Started off with a presentation on the company. There was a writing portion based on a business case where you explained your conclusion based on a set of assumptions. There was also a math portion. Each had to be completed in thirty minutes. Then there were three other interviews. One with an analyst and an associate, and two with a managing director. Seemed like an overall great group of people, but the environment seemed pretty boring and dull.

Interview Questions

• Which statement would you choose if you were valuing a tech company? If you were valuing a manufacturing company? A bank?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Interview

On campus interview, half behavioral questions and half technical question. not too hard. The interviewer was friendly and helped guide me through questions that I was not sure of. Questions were simple like walk me through DCF, valuation methods, what is CAPM, what are the three basic financial statements. They said they would get back to me within a week or two but i haven't gotten any response yet and it's been 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are the three basic financial statements and how they relate with each other   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Interview

the entire process took over a month. had a first round on campus that was very behavioral. had a superday in their office in chicago with about 5 people total. there was a written exam at the end. if you know your banking technicals you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• walk me through a dcf. know your basic banking technicals and youll be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First Round on Campus, very relaxed, what you would expect. Second round was at the office, you will meet a majority of the staff. Be sure to prepare well through the process.

Interview Questions

• Please explain what you expect your resume to look like after 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not Negotiate.

Interview

2 people interviewing. Networking beforehand is probably helpful. Ask for an international interview. Research the company and be prepared to talk about your resume and why you want to work for SRR.
    1. Walk me through a DCF
    2. If you are in a race and pass a person in 2nd place, what place are you in?

Valuation Analyst Interview

Interview

Very friendly, but they will ask brain teaser questions

Valuation and Financial Opinion Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed on campus with two interviewers. A woman and a man. The woman was a little bit cold but the man was very nice. There was only one behavioral question and the rest were all technical questions. I felt like I anwered those questions very well but one of the interviewers was very less-responsive. They told me that the decision will be made in the next two weeks after the interview. But three weeks has passed and I didn't receive any information from the company again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the financial satatements; How do you use IRR? Why we use DCF? If you purchase a equipment, what will happen on your financial statement? What impact the NWC? etc. Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting, and my interview was on campus. The night before they had a "pre-night event," which was incredibly informal and was with my interviewers. So when I came in, my interviewer didn't even introduce themselves because I had already met them last night (which was awkward).
    Afterwards, my interviewer just fired off questions, one after the other. My interviewer was cold and unresponsive and my interview went by extremely quickly.

Interview Questions

• 21*24
      What are the three major accounting statements and how are they related?

Answer Question