Stout Risius Ross, Inc.

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Valuation and Financial Opinion Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus with two interviewers. A woman and a man. The woman was a little bit cold but the man was very nice. There was only one behavioral question and the rest were all technical questions. I felt like I anwered those questions very well but one of the interviewers was very less-responsive. They told me that the decision will be made in the next two weeks after the interview. But three weeks has passed and I didn't receive any information from the company again.

Interview Question – Tell me something about the financial satatements; How do you use IRR? Why we use DCF? If you purchase a equipment, what will happen on your financial statement? What impact the NWC? etc. Very technical questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Valuation Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed through university career services. On campus interview was extremely technical. Second interview was on site. It was a super day of 4 interviews, a writing assessment, a technical assessment, and concluded with lunch with all the candidates and employees. Pretty tough process all around. On site interviews were not as technical as initial one. They were mainly looking for "fit". But that's where the technical assessment came into play.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none, it was an internship

Valuation and Financial Opinions Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Interview Details – I applied through on-campus recruiting, and my interview was on campus. The night before they had a "pre-night event," which was incredibly informal and was with my interviewers. So when I came in, my interviewer didn't even introduce themselves because I had already met them last night (which was awkward).
Afterwards, my interviewer just fired off questions, one after the other. My interviewer was cold and unresponsive and my interview went by extremely quickly.

Interview Question – 21*24
What are the three major accounting statements and how are they related?
  Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Two on one interview. The two guys who interviewed me were very nice-- professional but not uptight. We started with my resume and from there went into DCF model and they asked me if I knew any other valuation methods (comps, quant, etc.) They gave me about 4 brain teasers/problem solving questions and then a worksheet with some cash flows and asked me to determine which company is valued higher. Definitely make sure to know the basics of valuation as well as review basic accounting and be ready for some critical thinking questions. Overall, I had a nice time and I would love to work here.

Interview Question – brain teasers   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc..

Interview Details – Includes phone screen, personality test, intelligence test, case test, multiple interviews, and a written math/finance test.

Interview Question – Business case and math test in under a time constraint   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had original phone screen with VP, who was roughly 30 years old and a pretty good guy. Went well, very down to earth, walk me through your resume, why SRR, etc, and was invited back to the Chicago HQ for a team interview.

Interviews were very basic, started off with a powerpoint presentation over the company, basically telling about the past and future of the company. Then had another conversation with same VP, very basic, another analyst, very basic, and the MD of the group, which was very basic, not technical at all, and almost just a simple "will I get along with you."

Was served lunch, they reimbursed for travel expense and parking, and overall experience was very good. After one week, was deemed a finalist for the position, but was not offered. Would definitely interview with again.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in corporate valuations/what do you know?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Valuation Analyst

Interview Details – First round interview was held on campus. It was 45 minutes and very technically orientated - make sure to know valuation methods (DCF, etc).

Invited to a second round interview in their downtown Chicago Office. Entailed about 6 short 2-on-1 interviews, a Finance and accounting assessment, and a case analysis. Each interview focused on a different aspect of your experiences, skills needed, etc. The case was evaluating financial statements. Make sure to know basic accounting procedures

Interview Question – valuation methods - steps for each   Answer Question

Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial HR and office phone interviews were not too difficult. HR was for personality, goals, aspirations. Phone interview with someone from the office I was interviewing for and was a quasi technical interview where I was asked to discuss a DCF model.
In office interview was with four people and also included a thirty minute technical test (look through your accounting 101 books) and then a writing test/case study.

Interview Question – Asked me to rank from order of most important to least important the components that influence an EBITDA multiple. He shot out the four components quickly (leverage ratio, future growth, gross margins, and something else).   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – Great management, everyone was very friendly and intelligent.

Marketing Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. in March 2012.

Interview Details – Stout Risius Ross is one of the more prestigious investment banking firms. I applied for a marketing analyst, and the 30 minute phone interview showed their professionalism and employees' hard work. I had a good feeling about the company, but competition is just too tough and I was not moved forward.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stout Risius Ross, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stout Risius Ross, Inc. interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stout Risius Ross, Inc. employees and interview candidates.