Stowers Institute For Medical Research

5 candidate interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research in January 2010.

Interview Details – Each lab will be different. Ask people in your lab.

Interview Question – Each lab will be different. Ask people in your lab.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everything is take it or leave it.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research in November 2012.

Interview Details – I dropped my resume at job fair. One month later, I received an email and was asked some questions. Then I was arranged to interview. First is HR interview, then the boss interview. Since I am lack of experience, I did not show my strong interest and my research area is a little far from their research. Finally I did not get the offer.

Interview Question – No specific questions.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Statistician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR and made an appointment with hire mangers and we talked about my projects, knowledge, and my plan. She told me about this position and what I would do if I joined. After several days, I got on-site interview and took for one day. The accommodation is quite excellent.

Interview Question – They asked me question about Perl, SQL, and Bioconductor.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Research Technician

I applied online and interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research.

Interview Details – I went on a total of 3 interviews for different PI's at Stowers. The first two were difficult and I walked away thinking I wouldn't work for them if I was offered a position. They were a little too intense and seemed to be all about work and no balance. The third interview went much better and I accepted the position. I think the interview process is fairly standardized, every PI had a test or list of technical questions they asked. It's how they reacted if you stumbled that I paid attention to... did they help you out? Did they throw their hands up in the air and give up on you immediately? Did they let you talk it through or get impatient and give you the answer so they could move on. I think it's crucial to know what kind of employee you are and what kind of environment you can work effectively in BEFORE you walk into an interview.

Interview Question – Explain how to do _____ experiment. (When you're nervous and under pressure, sometimes your mind blanks out!)   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Stowers Institute For Medical Research in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very pleasant interviewer and all around great company

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stowers Institute For Medical Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stowers Institute For Medical Research interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stowers Institute For Medical Research employees and interview candidates.