Strata Decision Technology

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in May 2014.

The process with this place was a joke. They had scheduled and rescheduled the interview several times. Each time moving it a week or two out for a phone interview. After the 3rd reschedule they said that they wanted to have people come in for an interview.
    When I arrived the people I spoke with totally had the attitude that they were better then everyone else there. Not really the work environment that I was looking for. After an hour, a VP walked in and was the lest engaging person that I ever spoke with. Within 5 minutes of talking to him I knew that I could never work for him. How the guy is a VP beats me.

As soon as I left, I emailed the HR women and told her that I was no longer interested in the company.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in March 2014.

Interview process was a little long. I went through a corporate recruiter and had a 30 min interview with her followed by a phone interview with HR.

After that was the onsite interview. There was a short 45 min exam on problem solving and data tables. I had two sets of interviews with two people in the room. Both lasted roughly an hour

Interview Questions
    • No real trick questions. The problem solving questions were fairly standard brain teaser type questions.   Answer Question
    Fairly straightforward. My offer was from my director and not HR. Salary was in range with what I expected and was able to negotiate my start month.

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in March 2013.

First Round - 15 minutes Resume walk through
    I was then called for Onsite.
    Onsite Interview:
    I was given 30 minutes to solve technical problem. This test is easy to crack if your an SQL guru. The interview will be based on what you answer.
    You may also expect basic analytical questions like "Two boats sail in opposite direction with speed x and speed y miles/hr. What time will they meet?"

Interview Questions
    • How will you import an excel data to SQL server or Oracle? How will you manipulate the data?   Answer Question

Project Manager Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in August 2012.

My interview experience took me through 4 different stages, including 3 phone interviews and one in person interview.

1.) Standard phone interview... Tell me about yourself, why Strata Decision Technology, why healthcare software, etc. This was with a project manager from Strata

2.) Another interview with a manager... We discussed my background heavily. It was quite similar to the initial interview that I had, although they seemed to go into more detail about my background.

3.) The third interview was onsite. This lasted 2.5 hours long, with the first .5 hours being spent completing a two part test, followed by 2 hour long group panel interviews with 2 interviewers in each.

The assessment they made me complete included two case study questions meant to analyse your critical thinking, followed by a SQL database assessment/case study. I don't know SQL very well at all and this was a difficult part of the exam for me.

The first group panel interview reviewed the first two case study questions (listed below) and included standard interview questions (like the first 2 interviews).

The second group pantel interviewed reviewed your answers to the SQL portion of the test and again, asked about your resume, etc.

After I went onsite I got a request for a 4th phone interview. Again, we reviewed my resume and I answered the same questions that I had already been asked 4 times.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls could you fit in one floor of the Aon building?   View Answer
    • There is a 15 mile lake. One speed boat is on one end of the lake going 7 mph in one direction and another is on the opposite side, going 9 mph in the opposite direction. How many hours will pass before they meet? List any assumptions you make.   View Answer

Software Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in February 2012.

I got through the first 2 telephonic interviews and then they called me for a personal interview at their Chicago office.
    1. Firstly, they need to train their employees in how to conduct an interview, a bunch of recent graduates are simply not interested in interviewing you.
    2. I thought I was interview for a consultant position but I guess they thought I was a DBA.The interview was all about normalization!
    3. The first 2 interviewers were not interested in listening to your answers and more busy yawning and chewing something. all they were interested is about my school projects rather than my work experience..Silly
    4. No courtesy to communicate the results, you have to ask yourself
    HIGHLY Disappointing and Unprofessional

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in October 2011.

I initially applied to the position through by University's career website. I immediately got a phone interview. My phone interview went well and in 1-2 weeks was confirmed for the second round of interview in their main office. I was told that i will be having continuous 2 1:1 interviews. I was given a IQ-and-Technical test and my results were discussed in the interviews along with my resume. I went through only one 1:1 interview and am awaiting to hear back from them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in July 2011.

I found the position on Craigslist. I applied and heard back the next day. They scheduled a simple, 60-min programming test to calculate f(n) when n=50. They then setup a general background 30-min phone interview. Even though I wasn't very familiar with C#/.NET (I had been learning but was coming from an embedded C/C++ background), the interview went well and they invited me to an on-site.

The on-site lasted 2 1/2 hours. The first 90 minutes were spent with the same person as the phone interview. We spent the entire time designing an elevator on a white board from objects to some of the functions and attributes needed. I was unprepared for this but the interviewer was helpful in getting started. The last hour was similar to the first but was a two-on-one consisting of a little background and designing a chess game. Everyone was really nice though I wasn't exactly happy about my performance.

About a week and a half later, I had another phone interview. This time, there were three people I hadn't spoken with yet on the other end and we designed a database.

A week after the last phone interview, I received an offer from another company. SDT declined to offer me a position at that time so I accepted the other offer. I was left with a good impression of the people and company. The only negative is that I have yet to be reimbursed for my travel expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Using a language of your choice, calculate f(n) when n = 50 in 60 min.   Answer Question
    • Design an elevator and chess game.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in April 2011.

Got a question to solve and then phone interview and finally onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • How many gallons of white paint is sold every year in US?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in February 2011.

Applied through university career website. Got a call for a phone interview. Interview started off with questions about my projects. Other questions:
    1.)Why consulting?
    2.) Have you interacted with clients before?
    3.)Challenges you faced while interacting with cliens.
    4.)How would you rate yourself in SQL on a scale of 10?
    5.)Are you comfortable using learning new softwares?
     Case Questions:
    1.)Estimate the number of mobile phones sold every year in USA.
    2.)You have a machine and you can use 7 inputs between 1-100 to determine whether the machine is working properly. How would you go about it?

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of cell phones sold every year in the US   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Strata Decision Technology in December 2010.

I had been interviewed in Chicago,IL........Had 2 rounds of interview......first round was general about my college background and my skills...........second round had few questions related to programming,problem solving and analytical skills.......stay confident and you would easily crack it......questions where like to find angle between clock at specific time and case questions.......