Stratus Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Senior Support Engineer
Maynard, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stratus Technologies.

Interview Details – An "angel" within the company brought me in and got the position created. People were overworked and looking for relief. Once I was on board there was little training and it was assumed that I could figure things out myself. I still can't believe I took this job and wasted years of my life.

Interview Question – Waiting for HR to get it's act together.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They still managed to screw me even though they gave me everything I asked for. They brought me in at the wrong job classification level (too low) so I would not get raises.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stratus Technologies in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen and onsite interview; individual interviews with group interaction with peers and leaders from local and home office. This was a whole day process, arriving in the morning, meeting local leader for more personal interview, then meet with peers for a bit more technical screening and then some team members to interact and see fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Sharing experience on how you improved the teams performance at your current or former position   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Marketing Interview

Director Marketing
Maynard, MA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Stratus Technologies in February 2011.

Interview Details – I actually have still not had an interview. This is a strange and badly managed HR department. The recuritement process thus far has been:

- i got an email from one HR person asking me for times for phone interview
- i sent a couple of suggestions.
- no reply.
- i sent a follow up email and left a phone meesage on person's office phone and mobile.
- no reply.
- a week later i called and was directed to another HR person, as the first one said on her voice mail that she is without access to email or phone.
- emailed and left phone messaged to new HR person.
- no respone.
- In the same timeframe, was contacted by 2 sperate executive search agents of 2 different companies- was interviewed by them, and they both found me to be the 'perfect candidate' and they wanted to introduce me to their confidential client. when they revealed the name of Stratus - I told them that I already applied directly and all the above transactions. So, they said they could not introduce me and were very frustrated that the HR department is competing with them on the same assignment, and confusing candidates like me who have still NOT spoken to a hiring manager who probably doens't even know of my candidacy.

I am interviewing with quite a few companies these days, and at the VP level as well. I am just appauled by Stratus's HR / Recruitement performance and worry for their business if this is how the company processes are executed. What a shame.

Professional Services Project Manager Interview

Professional Services Project Manager
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Stratus Technologies in March 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager, met some members of the team, and met the hiring manager 2 days later and he presented me with an offer ($105,000 k/yr). This salary is high for Stratus as I found out later. Stratus is not a very dynamic company. First impressions are usually correct and on my first day I thought "wow what a bunch of fossils that work here" and I was correct as I progressed working there. This company lacked vision, dynamics, and good leaders. The leadership was not even mediocre but flat out terrible. I also met the CEO and was not impressed one bit. I would not recommend this company for people who seek dynamics and advancement opportunities in thier careers. As one employee put it to me, he said that Stratus is like fly paper, you land and you're stuck and he was absolutely true from being ther 10+ years.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Stratus Technologies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and heard back within 2-3 weeks. I had a brief call with HR and then a more technical call with the hiring manager. When I came in for the formal interview I met with several people including HR, hiring manager and members of the department. The interview was a bit long, but fairly thorough. They had quite a bit of techfnical questions but nothing too difficult

Interview Question – no surprise questions. They did ask a lot of specifics to understand my technical knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a good offer not a lot of negotiation

Vice President Interview

Vice President

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Stratus Technologies in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an executive recruiter. There were 2 phone screens. One with the outside recruiter, then one with the inside recruiter. I had an initial 1 on 1 interview with a key influencer to the hiring executive. Then a half day of 1 on 1s, followed by a full day of 1 on 1s. The process was a little on the slow side. I've seen better, but I've also seen worse.

Reason for Declining – Overall I was impressed but I wasn't sure they had the conviction to make the transformation they needed to do to succeed. But the final straw was actually the head of HR (Delfi Nieta). She really turned me off to the company. She wasn't impressive at all. A clear example of being promoted behind her skills...and she was arrogant to boot. My conclusion was that if the CEO could have someone like her on his staff, it wasn't a place for me.

Worked for Stratus Technologies? Contribute to the Community!