StrawberryFrog Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at StrawberryFrog

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StrawberryFrog (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for an open interview and received a response from someone in their HR department right away. I go in and, after having signed off on a freelancer agreement they provided us that morning, I spent the whole day on one of their client briefs... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! Their whole process on "recruiting" talent is unethical. Even signing a freelancer agreement was sketchy, and I really got taken advantage of with my ideas. NO COMPENSATION OR ANYTHING REMOTELY REWARDING OR RESPECTFUL FOR MY TIME. I honestly didn't even have a go at getting hired - not even a formal, sit-down, one-on-one interview. It was a lucrative brainstorming process that cost them nothing (except pizza) for their candidates (haha) at the end of the day. It's sad to see companies take advantage of people like this when they're supposed to be an industry leader... and the worst part is I bet they presented all the work to the clients and took credit for it. I also called in after a month and found out they didn't hire anyone! ;D What a fine way to reject over 25 people. Nothing.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at StrawberryFrog in May 2015.

Interview

OPEN INTERVIEW Was contacted by an assistant after blindly sending out a response to a Craigslist post. I didn't include a cover letter and have zero experience in advertising (which should have been a sign.) We were assigned to separate groups and told to sign some kind of freelancer agreement (which should have been another red flag). Told to put together a philanthropy for a corporation and when it became clear there would be no one on one interview with anyone I very quickly realized that they were looking for free ideas for their campaign and had no intention of hiring anyone. I would have left, but I felt bad for the other members in my group (one had travelled very far) and did not want to let on it was a scam. Never heard back after the interview. In case anyone from the company reads this- you should be ashamed. It was not a big deal for me because (as I said earlier) I never really wanted a career in advertising, but a large number of the group really wanted the position and put their heart and soul into the assigned project. Disgusting.

Creative Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com for an open candidate interview. I was happy to hear back and was invited to the office. We were placed in groups and told to create ideas for one of their clients. Someone in my group joked that perhaps they were using us for ideas. They did have us sign a freelancer agreement. My group and I worked very hard on our project and we were all promised feedback which we never received. No one in the office seemed to pay any attention to the several groups of people working on the briefs. They acted like this happens all the time, not a great sign. No one asked us one question, about our process or anything. There was very little direction. We emailed in our work. They grouped us together in a room for lunch. It would have made much more sense if we could have had time to meet the employees. We had been there from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM and hadn't met anyone of relevance since they had given us the project. It was a complete waste of time for everyone involved and totally rude. They got almost 30 people together desperate for an interview and a job prospect and they either used us or just completely disrespected us by inviting us in and never following up. Any good thoughts I have about this agency are gone. They should be ashamed. You can't treat people like that in the current job market. Horrific.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. They didn't anyone questions.   1 Answer

Open Candidate Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at StrawberryFrog (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Quick reply from BusinessDevAssociate for a scheduled interview with all candidates. Divided into groups for a client brief under a real deadline. Each group (~6 groups) had one copywriter, art director, account, planner. Didn't hear back - said they would at least provide feedback to all teams in about a week. Called in over a month later, they chose no one and didn't reply to anyone. Most unprofessional experience I've had, poor team communication.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - they didn't bother evaluating the teams or observe how candidates worked in a real life scenario. Poorly managed.   1 Answer