Strayer University Admissions Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.6

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

First I received a call from HR, which was a prescreening. At the end of the call I was told that my info would be forwarded to the hiring manager and I would receive a call within a couple of days. I received that call, which was a phone interview. Then I was asked to do an interview at the location. I have interviewed and now I'm waiting on the next steps...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Strayer University

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Strayer University (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I was called the very next day...possibly the same day that I applied. I was scheduled for an interview the next day and interviewed with two different people. Then, I asked back and was interviewed by two people. I do not remember having a phone interview. I do remember them using a targeted interview style and asking me questions that required multi-step answers. I know I had to back (in my mind) and making sure that I was answered the questions accurately. They did not mind if I asked them to repeat themselves. We even had a casual conversation after the interview (on the 1st interview). The second interviewers were a little more straightforward,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your last job and explain a time where you make a hard decision - explain what the decision was, what was the response, and do you feel it was the right decision in the end.   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

Applied online on company website. Recruiter contacted the next day asked qualified questions, lasted 15 minutes. Thereafter contacted by campus for in person interview. Hiring mama get canceled had to reschedule another date for interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Then a phone interview with regional director.

Interview Questions

• Dedescribe a situation in which you were able to persuasion to successfully get someone to see things your way   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiations, not willing to listen to any suggestions in lieu of reduced benefits

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

The recruiter called and I received a quick response from the Campus Director with a phone interview. The phone interview was unorthodox, yet exciting. The traditional, "what are your strengths and weaknesses were not asked." The following day was face to face with Campus Director and Dean.

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face interview. The interview process was not lengthy at all. The atmosphere was really relaxed and I was given alot of information about the job. Many of the quaetions were behavior based question so those who interview should be ready.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was given a fair salary.

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

Strayer tends to favor panel interview styles, with one candidate in front of 3 or 4 different managers. They have a set interview question guide that they use, but they do come up with their own questions as they deem necessary. Since the Admissions Officer position, they tend to look for someone who could be described as a good salesperson, and indeed many of the people they hire have a background in sales and retail. Since most of the "selling" is over the phone, I have heard of Admissions Officer candidates being asked to do a mock "sales call" on the spot with the interviewers. Aggressive, sales persons are typically preferred, with those with experience with high-pressure metrics practically hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a question that threw me off, but the rudeness of my interviewers. After I was made to wait for 3+ hours for my scheduled interview, my interviewer said that he was concerned about "my apparent introvert personality" during the interview. I am NOT an introvert- I was mentally drained after waiting for hours, without explanation of apology for the delay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what my desired salary was told that the "cap was set" at less than that.

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews plus an initial phone screen. The interviews were lengthy, but very thorough--this team really wants the applicant to truly understand the pros/cons of the position, which was incredibly refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Would you enroll a student who was a bad fit for Strayer, even though it could mean not reaching your enrollment quota if you didn't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary that was $3,000 higher than the initial offering without any contest.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. I had a 45 minute phone interview with the recruiter in which he told me in detail about the position, benefits, pay, and asked me a multitude of questions. A lot of the questions he asked were situational, "tell me about a time when..." relating to my work experiences. After my phone interview he forwarded my resume on to the hiring manager who contacted me the next day and we set up an in-person interview at the Charlotte campus. At that interview, I was asked a lot more situational questions. They had me go through my interview, asked to explain to them my interpretation of the job, and asked why I was applying to do this. Both of the women who interviewed me were very nice and not intimidating at all. I felt very comfortable the whole time and they were easy to talk to.

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Strayer University in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a week, came in to the campus for an interview with the Admissions Manager and Campus Director, it was a very laid back interview. Pretty much had a conversation. Great Interview! My second interview was with Upper management (the regional director and someone else). This one was a little more awkward...probably because of their personalities but just go with the flow!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not hard at all. I have heard all of the questions before so nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and was contacted for a phone interview 2 days later. Interviewer asked a few basic questions and about my availability. I was asked about my salary expectation which was above their pay scale. I told her I was still interested depending on room for advancement. She said someone would follow up with me. I got a call the following day and scheduled an interview at the location. I met with two individuals. Both were very friendly and hospitable. I was prepared for the typical STAR questions and instead was asked to elaborate about some experience on my resume. They told me what the position entailed and what a typical day would be like. We talked about some past experiences and they asked if I had any questions. They said I would hear from them if they wanted anything else. The next day I got a call asking to set up a second interview with the location VP. Met with VP. He said that the purpose of the interview was to see if he thought I would be a fit for their culture. He asked some basic questions about my resume and past position. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Said I would hear from them if they were interested. Next day got an email from the original phone interview person regarding background check and references.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "What am I missing?" Basically was an open ended invite to tell them if I had any demons hidden away. Not me, I'm perfect and what you see is what you get.   1 Answer

Starting pay was below what I was able to accept.