Strayer University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.8

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

First I received a call from HR, which was a prescreening. At the end of the call I was told that my info would be forwarded to the hiring manager and I would receive a call within a couple of days. I received that call, which was a phone interview. Then I was asked to do an interview at the location. I have interviewed and now I'm waiting on the next steps...

Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

At the beginning, you have a max of 10 minutes to do an introduction. After that, I had to teach a 15-20 minute lesson to a 4 person interview panel. After teaching the lesson, I was asked some of the typical interview questions. It has been about a month since my interview and still haven't heard anything.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Strayer University (Cherry Hill, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

15 minute presentation on a area of expertise was then followed up with 15-20 minute review with questions about teaching experience. The questions were difficult and I was interviewed by two senior faculty members.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to handle confident information about a student   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Strayer University (Newport News, VA).

Interview

I was called the very next day...possibly the same day that I applied. I was scheduled for an interview the next day and interviewed with two different people. Then, I asked back and was interviewed by two people. I do not remember having a phone interview. I do remember them using a targeted interview style and asking me questions that required multi-step answers. I know I had to back (in my mind) and making sure that I was answered the questions accurately. They did not mind if I asked them to repeat themselves. We even had a casual conversation after the interview (on the 1st interview). The second interviewers were a little more straightforward,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your last job and explain a time where you make a hard decision - explain what the decision was, what was the response, and do you feel it was the right decision in the end.   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University (Herndon, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Odd. Very misleading. For whatever reason, the hiring manager elected to waste my time by showing me the gym. Why these people do this, I have no idea....stupid. Unprofessional recruiter..NO FOLLOW-UP, IGNORES EMAILS. Glad I dodged this bullet.

Interview Questions

• Your resume speaks for itself. Any questions?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay taking your 2 weeks of leave a year at our convenience and not your own? You have to work around the other admins here and when they want to use their leave.   Answer Question

SFS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

very professional and smooth. had the phone interview then later on the face to face interview on campus. everyone was very polite and helpful. extreme growth and opportunity at this company

Interview Questions

• what made you apply for this position outside the obvious reason, layoffs   1 Answer

LRCA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

Applied Monday, received phone interview Wednesday, Face to face scheduled Friday for the following Wednesday. The interview was with multiple people. I informed that I was moving along the application process Friday and needed a background/reference check. Awaiting final approval.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Can you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

Applied online on company website. Recruiter contacted the next day asked qualified questions, lasted 15 minutes. Thereafter contacted by campus for in person interview. Hiring mama get canceled had to reschedule another date for interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Then a phone interview with regional director.

Interview Questions

• Dedescribe a situation in which you were able to persuasion to successfully get someone to see things your way   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiations, not willing to listen to any suggestions in lieu of reduced benefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Strayer University.

Interview

huge questionaire, lots of questions on opinions / personal information required. There was a long test of abilities / preferences / character treats. The web pages are not easy to navigate, I'm still unsure if my application is completely complete.

Interview Questions

• . One part included questions on quantitative abilities under limited time to response (I didn't even have my calculator with me)   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Interview

The recruiter called and I received a quick response from the Campus Director with a phone interview. The phone interview was unorthodox, yet exciting. The traditional, "what are your strengths and weaknesses were not asked." The following day was face to face with Campus Director and Dean.