Strayer University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

SFS Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Strayer University.

very professional and smooth. had the phone interview then later on the face to face interview on campus. everyone was very polite and helpful. extreme growth and opportunity at this company

Interview Questions
    • what made you apply for this position outside the obvious reason, layoffs   View Answer

LRCA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University.

Applied Monday, received phone interview Wednesday, Face to face scheduled Friday for the following Wednesday. The interview was with multiple people. I informed that I was moving along the application process Friday and needed a background/reference check. Awaiting final approval.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Can you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University.

Applied online on company website. Recruiter contacted the next day asked qualified questions, lasted 15 minutes. Thereafter contacted by campus for in person interview. Hiring mama get canceled had to reschedule another date for interview. Mostly behavioral questions. Then a phone interview with regional director.

Interview Questions
    • Dedescribe a situation in which you were able to persuasion to successfully get someone to see things your way   Answer Question
    Absolutely no negotiations, not willing to listen to any suggestions in lieu of reduced benefits

Adjunct Faculty Statistics Strayer University Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Strayer University.

huge questionaire, lots of questions on opinions / personal information required. There was a long test of abilities / preferences / character treats. The web pages are not easy to navigate, I'm still unsure if my application is completely complete.

Interview Questions
    • . One part included questions on quantitative abilities under limited time to response (I didn't even have my calculator with me)   View Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

The recruiter called and I received a quick response from the Campus Director with a phone interview. The phone interview was unorthodox, yet exciting. The traditional, "what are your strengths and weaknesses were not asked." The following day was face to face with Campus Director and Dean.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Very easy if you are prepared with a solid presentation. Don't do prep, you won't get a job. Demonstrate your passion for adult learning, it is central to the mission.

Student Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University.

Interview process is two fold. You are interviewed over the phone by an HR representative or hiring manager. Then you are usually brought in for a one-on-one interview, then a panel interview which features scenario type questions. And lastly you meet with a regional VP for final approval.

no negotiation.

Admissions Officer Interview

Phone Interview followed by face to face interview. The interview process was not lengthy at all. The atmosphere was really relaxed and I was given alot of information about the job. Many of the quaetions were behavior based question so those who interview should be ready.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. I was given a fair salary.

Admissions Officer Interview

Strayer tends to favor panel interview styles, with one candidate in front of 3 or 4 different managers. They have a set interview question guide that they use, but they do come up with their own questions as they deem necessary. Since the Admissions Officer position, they tend to look for someone who could be described as a good salesperson, and indeed many of the people they hire have a background in sales and retail. Since most of the "selling" is over the phone, I have heard of Admissions Officer candidates being asked to do a mock "sales call" on the spot with the interviewers. Aggressive, sales persons are typically preferred, with those with experience with high-pressure metrics practically hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't a question that threw me off, but the rudeness of my interviewers. After I was made to wait for 3+ hours for my scheduled interview, my interviewer said that he was concerned about "my apparent introvert personality" during the interview. I am NOT an introvert- I was mentally drained after waiting for hours, without explanation of apology for the delay.   Answer Question
    They asked what my desired salary was told that the "cap was set" at less than that.

Admissions Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Strayer University.

There were 3 rounds of interviews plus an initial phone screen. The interviews were lengthy, but very thorough--this team really wants the applicant to truly understand the pros/cons of the position, which was incredibly refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • Would you enroll a student who was a bad fit for Strayer, even though it could mean not reaching your enrollment quota if you didn't?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a salary that was $3,000 higher than the initial offering without any contest.