Strayer University

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Trevose, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Strayer University in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was only asked a few questions. Where did I graduate from. What was my major. Is this a job I'd be interested in. Could I see myself here for years.

Interview Question – Where did I graduate from?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was told the salary and start date.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Strayer University in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. I had a 45 minute phone interview with the recruiter in which he told me in detail about the position, benefits, pay, and asked me a multitude of questions. A lot of the questions he asked were situational, "tell me about a time when..." relating to my work experiences. After my phone interview he forwarded my resume on to the hiring manager who contacted me the next day and we set up an in-person interview at the Charlotte campus. At that interview, I was asked a lot more situational questions. They had me go through my interview, asked to explain to them my interpretation of the job, and asked why I was applying to do this. Both of the women who interviewed me were very nice and not intimidating at all. I felt very comfortable the whole time and they were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview Details – Fairly standard interview process. Interviewed initially with hiring manager. Very friendly and easy to talk with and gauge expectations of the position. Unfortunately, the position requirements changed significantly after our initial interview which was frustrating. Went ahead and continued with two additional interviews with faculty members. Both faculty interviews were enjoyable, friendly and engaging.

Interview Question – How would you find an economics professor to teach in Alabama?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lack of flexibility that I was looking for from an employer. Poor reputation and review from a local business stakeholder. Very mixed reviews from employees on websites such as Glassdoor.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Adjunct Faculty
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Strayer University in February 2010.

Interview Details – The usual questions plus a teaching demonstration. The process was detailed but fair.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Strayer University in January 2012.

Interview Details – Quick process and started about 2 weeks after initial interview

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, be prepared though with specific instances of overcoming employee issues   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Professor Interview

Professor
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview Details – Applied online for adjunct position for DC location; took 7 months for the Dean to contact me for an interview. I arrived for the interview 15 minutes early, but Dean and Campus President did not interview me for another 45 minutes. They did not explain why they were delayed. They rushed the interview process, and they took another 30 minute break. When I returned, they then instructed me to start the teaching demonstration, which went well. They offered me a position; they thought I would be a excellent instructor for their student population. The next day, I called the Dean and advised her that I would not accept the position.

Interview Question – Why did I want to continue teaching at the college level (I have been teaching for nearly 6 years).   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The campus president was rude and very unprofessional.

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email after I had applied the job posting with a request to complete a questionnaire. After submitting the questionnaire I was contacted by a recruiter. An interview was set up and I had my initial interview in a conference room with two members of the management team. They were very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – If i was a car, what car would I be?   Answer Question

Associate Dean Interview

Associate Dean
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Strayer University in July 2012.

Interview Details – There is not much training involved and they required a lot of you.

Interview Question – The interview is not real difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was promoted from Academic Advisor.

Student Account Representative Interview

Student Account Representative

Interviewed at Strayer University

Interview Details – It was very detailed back then but now they hire within without interview

Admissions Manager Interview

Admissions Manager
Florence, KY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Strayer University.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with a local manager. Finally, an in person panel type interview with 3 people. Behavior based interview- situation, how you handled it, and what was outcome. Fairly rapid fire taking turns between the 3 people. Took about 45 minutes, then another 10 minutes for a campus tour.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult customer. Tell us what the customer did, how you handled the situation, and what was the outcome. They also followed up to ask if I remembered the customer's name.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made an offer, I countered, ,and they ended up giving $2,000 more than original offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Strayer University

Worked for Strayer University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Strayer University interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Strayer University employees and interview candidates.