Stream Global Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.2

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

The testing was okay if you have all the knowledge of A+ from CompTIA. They will train you for everything that you need to learn to acheive a DCSE certification.

Interview Questions

• Your client reports that when they turn on their pc, they hear a long beep and then 3 short beeps during P.O.S.T., What is the PC telling the client?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Not really able to negotiate. If you like talking and helping people this job is for you. They have a nice lab and you can play xbox on your lunch breaks.

Technical Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Beaverton, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

Brief phone screening followed by a 1 on 1. At the 1 on 1 interview I had to pass a web-based technical support knowledge test (80% or better). I barely passed due to several broken or illogical questions, and I consider myself quite knowledgeable with computers. Next I sat down with an HR supervisor for 10 minutes to discuss my background and interest in the position. The supervisor concluded that I was a great candidate for the position and proceeded to have me talk more about the job with a gorgeous HR representative. The HR rep had me come back in the afternoon to watch an orientation video, listen to a sample call, submit a criminal background check authorization form, and sign the offer letter. Training begins in one week, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales?   2 Answers
    • Do you prefer working as an individual or a team?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The interviewer asked probing questions that seemed to say: "you are qualified, but do you really want this job? it kind of sucks"

Dell ProSupport Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Tampa, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

You will required to take a basic computer test consisting of approximately 10 questions including ones like, do you know what part of a blue-screen tells you what is wrong with Windows and what to do to find out if an issue is hardware or software based by looking at what has been tried by the customer before they called in.

Interview Questions

• The blue-screen question was the most difficult because there is not always a verbiage associated with 0x000000?? and sometimes not even that is available.   Answer Question

Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

You initially post your resume on the company's website. If the company decides they would like to interview you an initial phone interview is done involving 4-5 general technical questions. If, after this interview, you are invited to a secondary interview you will be invited to the campus. On campus a group interview is performed with anywhere from 5-15 people. This is less of an interview and more of an introduction to the company and it's goals and values. During this group process a written test is administered which contained 15-20 technical questions assessing your general knowledge of computer troubleshooting. If you score well enough on the technical assessment you will have a one on one interview with an area manager the same day. Following that the new hires will be asked to stay for final paperwork while everyone else is escorted out of the building.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think attendance is important?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You are either asked to join the company or you are not and the salary is set. This is for support professionals only. I have no information on the hiring process regarding outside hiring of managers, senior support professionals, or any other staff member within the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Watertown, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

Very easy interview process and some basic computer testing. Passed my test and was hired on the spot.

Negotiation

They offered the base salary and there was no negotion . The contract only paid what was offered.

Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Tampa, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

Show up to a group interview. Take an IT competency test. 20 people take the test. Only 8 people pass it and move on to the next step. Those 8 people immediately get an offer to start training.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Technical Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Tampa, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

Show up for the interview, and unless you have some bad career history, you will be hired. We had MCSEs and CCNAs applying for a position that they will essentially train you for.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal you want, what animal would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite basic. First I had a phone screening and after that I was invited to an interview on site. On site interview was just ordinary questions and after that I had a test of the language I would support, English test and IT test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work here Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

I found the whole experience to be dreadful. The hiring process felt like we were as important as a can of sardines. The interviewer was completely disinterested and staring at the walls as I spoke. I wanted to walked out at times. I was thankful to have a person from HR who explained things clearer to me, at this point I thanked her but decided the company wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want the job as it veered off my career path.   Answer Question

The company wasn't suitable

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stream Global Services (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

one month long process, just a quick phone interview after they screened my CV and then a on-site interview with recruiter and team managers, after a group activity. Technical test involving computer knowledge, language, typing speed, basic mathematics. Feedback provided within 2 weeks. I heard some candidates were able to do the spelling test online/via phone and some other were able to do the testing in other sites than the one where the position was open.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, mostly about how to provide a memorable customer experience, how to deal with difficult customers, negotiation skills and the typical "why should we hire you?".   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation