Stride Rite Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

1.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stride Rite in August 2014.

I applied online on July 1st.I got a call about the second week of august to come in for a interview.I came for the interview about 5 minutes early.She asked me situational questions like "Name a time you had a problem with someone, and how did you solve it"," Talk about a time you were successful in a group",etc.She told me about the job,asked me did I know about internal and external theft,etc.She made me consent for a background check after the interview. After I passed the background check,she offered me the job!

Interview Questions
    I was offered $7.75,which is a quarter less than what I currently make,but it's fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Stride Rite in July 2014.

Arrived 5 minutes early walk into the store asked for the manager I was schdule to meet for my interview We interviewed on one of the couches in the mall She was down to earth felt like the lunch area would be to loud.! Started the interview Best Interview ever more like a conversation She made me feel comfortable didnt give me a hard time Didnt make me feel like it was impossible to get the job!

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stride Rite.

It was a very simple and to the point interview. The store manager was so pleasant and she gave me a chance with Stride Rite, even though I had never worked in retail before. They'll also want to make sure that you're good with children, too. It's a children's shoe store though, so very understandable.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Harder than it seems. I really needed a job, and I didn't want to make up a lie and say that I had a passion for children's feet.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stride Rite.

It was very personable and I loved the manager there. I had never worked in retail and she gave me a chance. They work with kids so for the most part, the employees and managers are pretty pleasant people. It was a simple interview asking my strengths and weaknesses and my job experience and why you want to work there, and what kind of work environment you liked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stride Rite in December 2013.

It took a few days for them to contact me. The setting of the interview was the food court, I was interviewed by two assistant managers and they asked A LOT of questions, but they were all simple and easy to answer. Just do your research on the company and that will impress them. Dress professional (it doesn't hurt to) and you look more organized when you do. Be confident in your answers, being nervous brings no good at all. Comfort in your own skin is what gets you the job and this is coming from someone with no experience; this will be my first job.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me something, like that chair" but mind you they probably only asked me this because I'm not experienced in selling things to people. "What do you think it takes to work with kids?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stride Rite in August 2013.

Applied online and got called back a week later. they asked if i could come in for a interview. i said i could. came in about 5 minutes early. we sat on a couch outside the store. it was very casual. usual questions most every company asks. nothing too hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stride Rite in July 2012.

I was called in for an interview by the manager of the store and she was very polite. The interview process consisted of her reviewing my application with me and asking me questions about myself. She asked me what did I know about the company, and when I told her I knew little she began to tell me about the company. The majority of the questions I was asked were situation based. She also informed me that there was high thief rates around the holidays.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing?   View Answer
    The manager told me she would have loved to hire me, but her district manager said she could not hire me at the time because I was returning to school. She told me however she would love to offer me a position if one is still available when I return in December.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stride Rite in July 2012.

They will call you in for an interview, possibly do a second interview with higher management. After approval you will come in to fill out background check paperwork and then get called back in 3-5 days to submit i-9 forms and start training.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best example of customer service you have given and recieved? Tell me what you know about childrens shoes   Answer Question
    Pay is terrible. I asked for 9 and all they could give me was 8.00 to start

Full Time-Stride Rite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stride Rite in March 2012.

She asked me questions like how fast I am at learning? If I was able to work in a fast-paced environment? If I abide by rules well? and also if I like kids?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stride Rite in May 2011.

I filled out an application two days before, then got a call from the manager asking if I could interview the following day. Obvously I took the oppurtuniy. When I came in she interviewed me in the front, and asked me to fill out a paper application. Then she asked me to tell her about myself, asked a little about my volunteer work, then offered me the job. When I called to ask about when I could start she said she found someone more qualified.