StrongView

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at StrongView in February 2011.

Interview Details – Referred to hiring manager (HM) by employee. Conducted phone screening w/ HM, then came onsite twice to meet with other employees - first the team members and HM, then with other ancillary department heads and top-level mgmt. Offer was extended and I negotiated terms. After accepting, I arrived on the first day to conduct HR paperwork and get set up.

Interview Question – Was asked a simple question I thought I knew the answer (via assumption), but didn't have vast experience in that area.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Relatively short. Had other offers on the table and negotiated to make each comparable and fair so that I could choose based upon the company which was the best fit for me and my goals.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at StrongView.

Interview Details – A total of 7 interviews with individuals from different departments.

Negotiation Details – Willing to negotiate.

Premium/Dedicated Support Engineer Interview

Premium/Dedicated Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at StrongView in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process initially seemed to be nice until it came to be an abrupt end. I applied online and the HR contacted me for a call. We went on the call and discussed the requirements. It looked like i was going to be a great fit, the HR did have a one concern, she said she was going to check with the hiring manager. That was the last i heard from the HR. I sent about 6 reminder emails just to get feedback and i received none. Very unprofessional. The company does appear to be doing good but the recruiter seemed to care less.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, i guess we never got to that stage.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at StrongView.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved an email within couple of days for a phone screening. Lot of JAVA related questions. How would u write a hash table(override equals and hashcode), exceptions, Why strings are immutable, concurrency deadlock volatile syncronised.
Interviewer alo asked an algo q. Find dups(inplace) in an array of size n where elements will be within 0 to n-1 in O(n). Ans- use each value as index and the set the value to negative.

StrongMail Interview

StrongMail
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at StrongView.

Interview Details – I interviewed with several people who were in the department I interviewed with and several in the group that this department supports. I liked this because I got to hear both sides of the story per se.

Phone interviews were very conversational, but my interviewers were prepared with questions they definitely wanted to ask and put me on the spot with.

StrongMail is now StrongView. I felt the interview process was thorough. Office in Redwood City is business casual, including jeans.

Interview Question – Interviewers were asking questions I wouldn't know the answer to, in order to evaluate how I might respond to similar pressure   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate taking un-earned PTO that I had already made travel plans for.

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at StrongView in December 2010.

Interview Details – an arrogant, rude, and ridiculously self-conceited company.

the recruiter contacted me about the software engineer opportunity in StrongMail, he also sent me an email of questionaire for me to complete as the initial screen, which he claimed a required step as StrongMail is a very good company.

But later I learned that the compensation for a software engineer is about 80K-90K, which looks subpar with 110K-120K offered by other employers like eBay, VMWare, Constant Contact and SaleForce.

I felt like it's an insult of my intelligence given the low-ball compensations they offered and the recruiter's bragging about a strict hiring process of a very good company. Of course I didn't take their skills tests seriously.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at StrongView in July 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from the manager of the group. Setup a 30min phone interview. The phone interview consisted of C++ questions and data structure questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate how good you are at C++. In what case would you choose template functions over virtual functions?   Answer Question
  • Design LRU cache. Had to email the answer to him.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for StrongView? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StrongView interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by StrongView employees and interview candidates.