StrongView Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at StrongView (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

This was one of the best experiences I have had with a company since I started my job search. It seemed as though the recruiter/HR really understood the culture of the company and what the company goals were. The Hiring Manager was also extremely warm. While I didn't get the position, I felt respected throughout the process.

Designated Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at StrongView (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Sunday. The recruiter from HR called me on Monday and set up a telephone interview for Tuesday. It was a great telephone screen and both of us hung up happy (or so I thought). She promised to send my information over to the hiring manager and wanted to know what my availability was like for the rest of the week, and I provided my availability times. That week came and went and the recruiter went dark. I e-mailed the follow Monday to follow up, and did not get a response to my e-mail. Later in the second week, the automatic rejection e-mail arrived.

Interview Questions

• It was an HR phone screen. We just talked about my background and job interests.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at StrongView in June 2014.

Interview

I would not recommend this company based upon an exhaustive and excessively lengthy interview process. In my marketing strategy career (15+ years), this was the longest and most arduous interview process, considering I have been hired at more senior levels (Director and VP) at a fraction of the time. From submitting my initial resume and application online to the final decision, this was a 4-month process. It consisted of 8 individual interviews over nearly 3 months (1/2 phone, 1/2 in person), write and present a multi-channel marketing strategy to the company CEO and strategy team, write (or provide) a thought leadership piece, and critique email creative. Then 3 references (all very good) were checked. After 4 months of this process, the HR person basically discussed salary, benefits, company hours, etc. at the tail end, implying I would be receiving a job offer (only to find out with no explanation that they gave the position to another candidate). Very disappointing (as I had put another company on hold for too long, whereby both opportunities were lost).

I respect (and enjoyed) the leadership that interviewed me and believed they were asking the right questions throughout the process; however, the number of hoops one needed to go through to get hired at a mid-to-senior level position gave me the impression that the company leaders are neither decisive (perhaps suggestive of chaos in company direction and leadership), nor care about the people whom they hire.

My advice for the company is properly vet your prospective employees, and make a hiring decision within under 2 months. California is an "At Will" hiring state. If the hired employee doesn't work out (for whatever reason), the person will be gone anyway.

Interview Questions

• The process took too long (and with so many people) that I don't recall. All questions were appropriate for the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at StrongView (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

A total of 7 interviews with individuals from different departments.

Negotiation

Willing to negotiate.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at StrongView (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about the position and handled most of the interview and hiring process. Was give a lot of misinformation just to get me in. Make sure you get all the little stuff promised documented in offer letter.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at StrongView in February 2014.

Interview

The process initially seemed to be nice until it came to be an abrupt end. I applied online and the HR contacted me for a call. We went on the call and discussed the requirements. It looked like i was going to be a great fit, the HR did have a one concern, she said she was going to check with the hiring manager. That was the last i heard from the HR. I sent about 6 reminder emails just to get feedback and i received none. Very unprofessional. The company does appear to be doing good but the recruiter seemed to care less.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, i guess we never got to that stage.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at StrongView.

Interview

Applied online, recieved an email within couple of days for a phone screening. Lot of JAVA related questions. How would u write a hash table(override equals and hashcode), exceptions, Why strings are immutable, concurrency deadlock volatile syncronised.
    Interviewer alo asked an algo q. Find dups(inplace) in an array of size n where elements will be within 0 to n-1 in O(n). Ans- use each value as index and the set the value to negative.

StrongMail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at StrongView (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with several people who were in the department I interviewed with and several in the group that this department supports. I liked this because I got to hear both sides of the story per se.

Phone interviews were very conversational, but my interviewers were prepared with questions they definitely wanted to ask and put me on the spot with.

StrongMail is now StrongView. I felt the interview process was thorough. Office in Redwood City is business casual, including jeans.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were asking questions I wouldn't know the answer to, in order to evaluate how I might respond to similar pressure   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate taking un-earned PTO that I had already made travel plans for.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at StrongView (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Referred to hiring manager (HM) by employee. Conducted phone screening w/ HM, then came onsite twice to meet with other employees - first the team members and HM, then with other ancillary department heads and top-level mgmt. Offer was extended and I negotiated terms. After accepting, I arrived on the first day to conduct HR paperwork and get set up.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a simple question I thought I knew the answer (via assumption), but didn't have vast experience in that area.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relatively short. Had other offers on the table and negotiated to make each comparable and fair so that I could choose based upon the company which was the best fit for me and my goals.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at StrongView in December 2010.

Interview

an arrogant, rude, and ridiculously self-conceited company.

the recruiter contacted me about the software engineer opportunity in StrongMail, he also sent me an email of questionaire for me to complete as the initial screen, which he claimed a required step as StrongMail is a very good company.

But later I learned that the compensation for a software engineer is about 80K-90K, which looks subpar with 110K-120K offered by other employers like eBay, VMWare, Constant Contact and SaleForce.

I felt like it's an insult of my intelligence given the low-ball compensations they offered and the recruiter's bragging about a strict hiring process of a very good company. Of course I didn't take their skills tests seriously.