StrongView

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at StrongView.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved an email within couple of days for a phone screening. Lot of JAVA related questions. How would u write a hash table(override equals and hashcode), exceptions, Why strings are immutable, concurrency deadlock volatile syncronised.
Interviewer alo asked an algo q. Find dups(inplace) in an array of size n where elements will be within 0 to n-1 in O(n). Ans- use each value as index and the set the value to negative.

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at StrongView in December 2010.

Interview Details – an arrogant, rude, and ridiculously self-conceited company.

the recruiter contacted me about the software engineer opportunity in StrongMail, he also sent me an email of questionaire for me to complete as the initial screen, which he claimed a required step as StrongMail is a very good company.

But later I learned that the compensation for a software engineer is about 80K-90K, which looks subpar with 110K-120K offered by other employers like eBay, VMWare, Constant Contact and SaleForce.

I felt like it's an insult of my intelligence given the low-ball compensations they offered and the recruiter's bragging about a strict hiring process of a very good company. Of course I didn't take their skills tests seriously.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at StrongView in July 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from the manager of the group. Setup a 30min phone interview. The phone interview consisted of C++ questions and data structure questions.

Interview Questions

• Rate how good you are at C++. In what case would you choose template functions over virtual functions?   Answer Question
  • Design LRU cache. Had to email the answer to him.   Answer Question

Worked for StrongView? Contribute to the Community!