Stroud International

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Stroud International.

Interview Details – Start off with 20 minute test at info session. About 40 math, physics, engineering and logic questions, need to move very quickly to get all of them. Those who do well enough on test and meet the other minimum benchmarks get first round.

First round is 2-on-1, about 15 minutes long. Basic fit questions, like tell me about a time you...

About 20 people make it to second round, which is an entire day. Consists of several rounds of timed group case studies and subsequent presentations, as well as an individual case study and an engineering design challenge. About half the candidates are sent home at lunch. Remaining half does longer, individual presentation about case study in the afternoon.

About 5 people make it to final round, which is 2-on-1, about 1 hour long. Much more open fit questions, lots of opportunity to ask your own questions. One final informal case question.

Interview Question – What do you think is our biggest reservation of hiring you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard, long window to accept/decline. Get to visit site once accepted.

Interviewed at Stroud International

Interview Details – Did it through on campus recruiting. They have you go to a info session where they have you take an aptitude test. Based on your score and GPA they will give you a first round behavioral interview.

Interview Question – During my interview I was asked to teach them something they did not know.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stroud International.

Interview Details – • Two interviewers, a recent grad and a partner
• First round interview lasted 20 minutes
• General questions on resume

Interview Question – • Extracurricular activities
• Situation where you showed creativity in solving the problem
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Stroud International.

Interview Details – Went through their on campus recruiting. Started off with an IQ/logic test, with roughly 40+ within 20min. Time is really the essence so it's best to use your intuition and speed through the questions. They will contact you soon after to notify you the result.

Second round is a 1-on-1 or 2-on-1 behavior interview. No case studies during this short interview (within 20min). The employers really tried to learn about your personalities and look at you as a whole rather than judging based on resume. Unfortunately, I got declined after this round.

Interview Question – "What do you want me to remind you of after interviewing all the applicants?"   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stroud International.

Interview Details – Mechanical logic/speed test at campus info session.

Initial interview on campus with two Stroud employees. Very brief, around 15 minutes. Purely fit. Second round group interview at local hotel. Had several group cases with 3-4 other people and one individual written case. Relatively fun process with fun people but it was unclear what they were looking for and/or the weight of the written case.

Interview Question – Operations type cases, i.e. Company is looking to expand their manufacturing plants in the EU. Which location should they choose? You are given data about different locations, i.e. demand, local salaries, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stroud International in October 2011.

Interview Details – First round was a 2:1 interview with two consultants, typical fit interview, pretty laid back. Second round was a group interview with about twenty of us. Consisted of a couple group case questions as well as a written case test. Overall a great experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Stroud   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Boston, MA

Interview Details – The company has a Info Session at my school. At the end of the info session, there was a 20 mins IQ/Intelligence test. I was invited to interview the next day. Most are typical questions, such as why us? what's your biggest achievement? What impression you want to leave us? etc.

Interview Question – What impression do you want to leave us today?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stroud International in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with multiple people assessing different aspects of you personallity and qualifications

Negotiation Details – Straight forward

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stroud International in September 2009.

Interview Details – stroud holds an info session on campus, where interested applicants can leave their resume and take a 15 minutes quantitative test. Based on resume and quantitative test, a select number of candidates are invited for a 15 minutes personality test interview the next day. Successful candidates are then invited for a full assessment day.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Consultant
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stroud International.

Interview Details – Presentation from Stroud at Cambridge University with food and wine (beware), straight into written multiple choice maths and science questions. ~1h test. Fairly simple (GCSE / A level) maths and science but had to be super fast.
Science questions like:
when an ice cube melts in a glass does the water level go up, down or same. A set of different sized meshed gears: if you turn this one, how fast and what direction does that one go.
Next step: 10 minute interview : generic CV stuff, why do you want to join Stroud...
Next step: Selection day. Group games and presentations. eg build a table top bridge. Written case study and then present to interviewer. 2/3 sent home at lunch.
Final Interview: Mostly about your personality and what interests you.

Interview Question – I dont even think you know what we really do.........   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Stroud International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stroud International interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stroud International employees and interview candidates.