Stryker Communications Engineering Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Stryker Communications in July 2008.

Interview process was first a phone interview, then a personality interview by the Gallup over the phone, then a half day of interviews onsite with 5 different managers in the company.

I received an offer the day after my onsite interviews.

I would advise interview candidates to go in with a "I will do anything it takes to get the job done" attitude. Tell them you will run through walls to reach your goal, that you are extremely competitve, and that you will do anything for your customer and you will have a good shot at getting hired.

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to solve an electrical engineering related problem - how would you troubleshoot this failed circuit?   View Answer
  • If you were modeling a simple L shaped bracket with 2 holes drilled symetrically in one of the flanges, how would you design it in a 3D CAD program.   View Answer
I was shot down completely when trying to negotiate. I've heard this from other employees and it is pretty much the norm. They have a "take it or leave it" attitude and are very prideful that they can find someone else before giving into negotiations.

I heard of a small handful of occassions where senior managers were hired from the outside and were able to negotiate since they were so desperate to fill those positions. That is the exception to the rule though.

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker Communications

Engineering Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker Communications in June 2011.

The initial contact was an email by an HR recruiter to set up an interview time over the phone. The interview was approximately 30 minutes at most, and consisted mostly of background questions. A few were "A or B" type questions that are samples to gauge how well you will do on the Gallup interview that follows. The recruiter was laid back and very easy to talk to. He called back the next day and said I had passed and explained the procedure for the Gallup, which you also set your own interview time with. Given how I had done with his sample questions, he expected me to do well on it.

Having previously read about it online, I knew what to expect. However, the "interviewer" is basically just there to read questions and hit the record button (they record it to review later, I suppose). This kind of leaves you feeling like you're talking to a blank wall. You receive the "Are you more A or B?" questions and are only supposed to pick A or B, and NOT explain any further. Sometimes, the next question will be to explain, and then you are allowed to do so. However, the interviewer still isn't allowed to help you interpret any questions, so, although the questions were the same as the recruiter, the process felt unnatural.

Ironically, one question was "do you feel like you need to act around other people?" Hearing the questions, it's not difficult to understand what they WANT to hear (aggressive, go-getter, work above all-else etc), but it may not be want you actually believe, thus you pretty much have to act your way through their questions to sound like you fit their style. I kind of lost interest towards the end of it, and they never got back to me with results. I didn't care to follow up as I had little remaining interest in the company. If you're okay with it or think you naturally fit, pursue them, but I chased an opportunity elsewhere as I felt I represent myself better when being.. myself.

Interview Questions