Stryker

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in October 2010.

Interview Details – Intial gallup screening. This is the most important part of the interview as it is a profiling interview. Once this is cleared you move on to direct interviews which are usually a day long with 8 - 10 people. Even in this people look for your strengths more than technical details

Interview Question – All gallup qquestions are unexpected   Answer Question

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Phone interview, phone Gallup interview (psychological), 3-hour in-person interview with 4-6 people

Interview Question – Gallup psychological interview   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stryker in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview started with the standard Stryker phone interview involving the gallup section that Stryker is known for as well as phone interviews with HR and a senior level engineer. I was told rather quickly after my phone interviews that I was accepted onto the next phase which included an on site interview. The one site interview was very fast and lasted only 4 hours total. Of that time, questions were directed at my background and experience for maybe 15 minutes. Everything else was focused on problem solving, group dynamics, and presentation skills. Because of this, the in person interview is almost impossible to train for. I would practice brainstorming activities and focus on timing your calculations and presenting your results at the end in preparations. Definately one of the most challenging interviews I had, but it was also interesting and fun.

Interview Question – An existing product was presented and I was asked to redesign a sub assembly to perform a different task. I was then asked to rate my designs against the solutions they came up with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Styker makes quick decisions and the negotation phase was not exception.

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview with HR, Personality Profile conducted, 1-on-1 phone interview with potential manager and finally an on-site interview with 8 different people for 6 hours.

Interview Question – Given a current product and told to determine possible causes/modes of failure on-the-spot.   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in January 2011.

Interview Details – Alot of behavioral questions. hard to say if i did well or not. but was rejected after the gallup.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself a hard worker?   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email 2 weeks later to setup a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. It lasted ~30 min and consisted of very general behavioral questions. The following week I did a second phone interview with a principle engineer that was far more technical. It was about an hour and consisted of questions about past experiences as well as 3 "riddles" or spatial reasoning questions that definitely required some thinking. Third round was the Gallup Personality test over the phone (over an hour long and incredibly mentally draining). After passing that I got flown out for a site visit which lasted all day. Met with various managers, senior engineers and HR personnel that asked a range of questions from past experiences to behavioral to more riddles and technical design challenges. Finally, the week after the interview they contacted me again with the offer.

Interview Question – How do you decide when a something is done?   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2010.

Interview Details – Long process (approx. 25 days) having an overall 7-8 interviews.
2-3 telephonic rounds and 4-5 face to face.

Interview Question – Gallup   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for so no negotiation.

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was:

-Initial phone screening
-In person interview with the HM, their directer and the HR rep
-Gallup interview
-Offer

Overall, a positive experience. The HR rep was quite friendly and helpful. The Gallup interview was by far the hardest part of the process. It's a tough interview and Stryker weighs its result heavily. This could quite frustrating for a well qualified candidate but who doesn't "fit" the Strkyer mould.

Interview Question – Would you rather be the best? Or do your best?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better offer from another company.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email from a staffing agency for the position of design engineer in Stryker Medical. I sent my resume to them and that's how the process started.
The very first interview was the Pre-Technical round. It was a telephonic interview, which lasted about 15-20 minutes. In this round they want to know your level of technical knowledge. If one clears this round, one will get call for the next round.
The second round was Pre-Gallup round, which tests the psychometric ability of the candidate. It is also a phone interview. There are a lot of YES/NO type questions, but one has to justify one's answer giving examples from work-experience.
The third round was Main-Gallup round, which was again a telephonic one. This call was form Gallup organization and was very similar to the second round, the only difference is this is a recorded call and they analyse your answers.
Once you are through in this round, you will be asked to appear for Face to face interview (may be on Skype). I went to their office in person for this round.
The face-to-face round would be of pure technical type and it would last probably 2-2.5 hours.
The next round is HR interview.
Finally, an interaction with the Director and if you are through, you will be asked for salary negotiation.

Interview Question – Are you aggressive? or How aggressive are you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Stryker Videos

Stryker – Why Work for Us?

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker Design Engineer interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.