Stryker Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

30 interviews

3.2

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Stryker.

Initial interview had about 20 rapid fire questions as a personality test. Stryker wants a specific personality type working for them; it was nervewracking during the questioning. Some questions were like, are you an organized person or disorganized? Type A or Type B personality? Etc. They tell you to answer honestly because, really, if you don't have the personality they want you wouldn't want to be working there. Then the next type of questioning (if I remember correctly) was about a product the interviewer placed in front of me and I had to describe its function, how to test if it worked, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Do you like to take leadership or are you more of a follower?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Stryker in October 2012.

On-campus interview after career fair.

Interview Questions
    • The usual.. Would you like to lead or serve? Difficulties you overcame. What kind of help do your friends ask from you. Your strengths weaknesses. It was a very generic behavioral interview. They didn't even acknowledge the follow-up email. No one on campus got selected for next round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

In person interview after a college career fair dealt with my reactions/feelings with different types of coworkers and situations.

Phone interview - third party hiring agency asked more general situational questions and my personal qualifications

On site interview- met with 6 members of the team separately for an hour each time, toured the facility and talked abut myself

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2012.

After initial review with recruitment firm, there was a phone personality test. About 30 minutes long. A series of test questions attempting to classify the kind of worker you are (helpful, motivated, etc.). Next came a long and grueling interview that included complex and comprehensive testing of problem solving skills: including an examination of mechanical print in PDF format (emailed just before phone interview) and a complex puzzle, also emailed. Than a long and grueling live interview with 5 different individuals (about a half hour each, though 2 of them went well over the allotted time). Very intense and grueling for a position I am overqualified for. People were pretty focused and driven. Very confident of themselves. I never received feedback following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There are 8 red balls. One is heavier than the rest. You have a balance beam. In two (2) operations, determine which ball is heavier than the rest.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

Interview process:
    Initally contacted by recruiter
    Phone interview with recruiter; recruiter provided insight gathered from previous contacts with Stryker. Recruiter provided lists of types of questions Stryker asks during interviews.
    Initial 10 minute phone screening with Stryker HR. General questions were asked including why I was interested in Stryker, what I was doing in my current position, what can I contribute to Stryker.
    In depth phone interview with Stryker HR. Asked about previous professional successes. Asked about my working style (team based, alone with minimal supervision, alone)
    Gallup phone interview. Professional interviewer asking questions. I was not allowed to ask for clarification on question. Answers had to be to the question as asked.
    On site interviews (6 1-hour interviews, including lunch)
    Offer

Interview Questions

Generally didn't "feel right". Salary was low compared to other offers for similar work.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

On campus interview, mostly behavioral questions with a small "hand-on" technical question.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

It was a one on one interview on campus with a recuiter, she asked me a series of questions from a sheet of paper. Simple behavoir questions she was not easy to talk to and didn't seem to really care. At the end she said " ok if you don't have any questions we are done here and you will hear from us thanks for coming, GOOD BYE"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

HR and Hiring manager were very professional and pleasant on the first two phone interviews. Hiring manager interview was mainly around my background and experience and going through work listed in my resume. HR was very behavioral interview, I felt that they were trying to get a feel of what type of a person I am. After that I was referred to a Gallup interview, 2 hours of personality questions, but it went by pretty fast. Then I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with a total of 14 people, they try to have as many people as possible see you to be able to give their feedback. Overall an excellent experience, and they move pretty fast too!!

Very limited room for negotiation !!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in May 2009.

Very straightforward, a hiring manager or a recruiter from HR called first, for screening after I applied online. After that gallup called and conducted a one hour phone interview where they asked specific questions pertaining to personality. Then it was a round of 2 on site technical interviews and was offered the position afterwards by HR.

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

So far my impression of Stryker is wonderful. I have been contacted by 3 HR personnel; each has been positive, punctual, and clear in next steps. I began with an initial phone interview (15 minutes long), an interview with hiring manager (25 minutes long), and then a Gallup personality profile (45 minutes long). This is the point at which I am in the process. I hope they will have me on site to interview. I would love to see the facilities and learn more about the company culture!

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!