Stryker Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.2

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

First, I talked to a rep at a campus career fair. This led to an on campus interview, with mainly questions about what I was interested in and more technical questions regarding what I have already done. This interview also had behavioral/character questions. The following phone interview was very similar to the first. Third phone interview was Gallup (purely behavioral/character). I was told I would be contacted for a fourth interview, but communications ceased.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding the depth and breadth of the engineering design work I had previously done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Engineer Interview

Stryker uses Gallup to determine how you will fit into the position you are interviewing for. The profile is saved in you HR folder and reevaluated if you want to change roles throughout your career. The process is a marathon, not a sprint and there seemed to be tricks along the way to catch people off their game.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing out of the ordinary, besides the quantity of interviews and slight disorganization of the process   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Initial interview had about 20 rapid fire questions as a personality test. Stryker wants a specific personality type working for them; it was nervewracking during the questioning. Some questions were like, are you an organized person or disorganized? Type A or Type B personality? Etc. They tell you to answer honestly because, really, if you don't have the personality they want you wouldn't want to be working there. Then the next type of questioning (if I remember correctly) was about a product the interviewer placed in front of me and I had to describe its function, how to test if it worked, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you like to take leadership or are you more of a follower?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker in October 2012.

On-campus interview after career fair.

Interview Questions
    • The usual.. Would you like to lead or serve? Difficulties you overcame. What kind of help do your friends ask from you. Your strengths weaknesses. It was a very generic behavioral interview. They didn't even acknowledge the follow-up email. No one on campus got selected for next round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2012.

After initial review with recruitment firm, there was a phone personality test. About 30 minutes long. A series of test questions attempting to classify the kind of worker you are (helpful, motivated, etc.). Next came a long and grueling interview that included complex and comprehensive testing of problem solving skills: including an examination of mechanical print in PDF format (emailed just before phone interview) and a complex puzzle, also emailed. Than a long and grueling live interview with 5 different individuals (about a half hour each, though 2 of them went well over the allotted time). Very intense and grueling for a position I am overqualified for. People were pretty focused and driven. Very confident of themselves. I never received feedback following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There are 8 red balls. One is heavier than the rest. You have a balance beam. In two (2) operations, determine which ball is heavier than the rest.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

Interview process:
    Initally contacted by recruiter
    Phone interview with recruiter; recruiter provided insight gathered from previous contacts with Stryker. Recruiter provided lists of types of questions Stryker asks during interviews.
    Initial 10 minute phone screening with Stryker HR. General questions were asked including why I was interested in Stryker, what I was doing in my current position, what can I contribute to Stryker.
    In depth phone interview with Stryker HR. Asked about previous professional successes. Asked about my working style (team based, alone with minimal supervision, alone)
    Gallup phone interview. Professional interviewer asking questions. I was not allowed to ask for clarification on question. Answers had to be to the question as asked.
    On site interviews (6 1-hour interviews, including lunch)
    Offer

Interview Questions

Generally didn't "feel right". Salary was low compared to other offers for similar work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

On campus interview, mostly behavioral questions with a small "hand-on" technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

HR and Hiring manager were very professional and pleasant on the first two phone interviews. Hiring manager interview was mainly around my background and experience and going through work listed in my resume. HR was very behavioral interview, I felt that they were trying to get a feel of what type of a person I am. After that I was referred to a Gallup interview, 2 hours of personality questions, but it went by pretty fast. Then I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with a total of 14 people, they try to have as many people as possible see you to be able to give their feedback. Overall an excellent experience, and they move pretty fast too!!

Very limited room for negotiation !!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

It was a one on one interview on campus with a recuiter, she asked me a series of questions from a sheet of paper. Simple behavoir questions she was not easy to talk to and didn't seem to really care. At the end she said " ok if you don't have any questions we are done here and you will hear from us thanks for coming, GOOD BYE"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

So far my impression of Stryker is wonderful. I have been contacted by 3 HR personnel; each has been positive, punctual, and clear in next steps. I began with an initial phone interview (15 minutes long), an interview with hiring manager (25 minutes long), and then a Gallup personality profile (45 minutes long). This is the point at which I am in the process. I hope they will have me on site to interview. I would love to see the facilities and learn more about the company culture!