Stryker

3.2

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

So far my impression of Stryker is wonderful. I have been contacted by 3 HR personnel; each has been positive, punctual, and clear in next steps. I began with an initial phone interview (15 minutes long), an interview with hiring manager (25 minutes long), and then a Gallup personality profile (45 minutes long). This is the point at which I am in the process. I hope they will have me on site to interview. I would love to see the facilities and learn more about the company culture!

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in July 2010.

I first got a Pre-screening interview, in which he just asked me about my basic work experience like what are you currently doing and how much have you worked on medical products. what was your main accomplishment? Second was phone interview- which was more conditional questions. Like - what will you do in various situations. It lasted for 45 minutes. I have onsite interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage a critical situation or when you fail to produce what was expected from you?   Answer Question
    • How will you validate the product to fit the demand of surgeons?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

In person interview after a college career fair dealt with my reactions/feelings with different types of coworkers and situations.

Phone interview - third party hiring agency asked more general situational questions and my personal qualifications

On site interview- met with 6 members of the team separately for an hour each time, toured the facility and talked abut myself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in April 2010.

Thank you all who posted their questions. It really helped me as I could write down the answers before hand. They asked almost the same questions. I had my telephonic interview on April 22,2010.

1. Why do you want to work for Stryker?
    2. What do you do in your spare time?
    3. Do you like to stick to your plan or follow others?
    4. Is it important for you to be liked by your co-workers?
    5. How do you juggle with multiple projects?
    6. Do your friends consider you to be a good friend?
    7. Did you acquire solid knowledge in anything for which your friends
    often come to you?
    8. On a scale from 1-10, how persuasive are you?
    9. Do you prefer to be very perfect only in one area or you want to be good in all areas?

I guess thats all..not sure if I missed anything. It was a complete
    behavioral interview as informed before. Interview lasted for about 20
    minutes. I feel it went well. Hope I get to the next round

Cheers,
    Bharath

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker in May 2009.

Very straightforward, a hiring manager or a recruiter from HR called first, for screening after I applied online. After that gallup called and conducted a one hour phone interview where they asked specific questions pertaining to personality. Then it was a round of 2 on site technical interviews and was offered the position afterwards by HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in March 2007.

Interview was very direct. Some interviewers ask silly/off the wall type questions that don't make sense to try and see what you do when you get thrown off-balance. It is a lot easier to get through the interview process if you participate in sports or play with cars, especially if you are interviewing for an engineering position.

Interview Questions
    • what sorts of mechanical tinkering do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Initiated with email and followed up with several phone interviews. It took around 3 months to finish all the processes. The process was quite typicall: contacted by two HRs and then interviewed by a manager in engineering deparment

Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

has a long process to hire people which can be optimized but quit good as Gullup makes feel like you are the chosen one for the position although its just solves the purpose

Interview Questions
    • regular questions with life time examples, which can be tricky at times   Answer Question
    rigid

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in November 2011.

I was offered a job in August and a week before joining it was retracted. Then I approached Stryker directly and they made me go through series of phone interviews and each time the interviewer didn't know about the previous interviews. I was told I cleared the Gallop interview which only 10% candidates are able to pass and that for the next open position I will be considered but nothing happened. There was no rejection email or anything. They kept me in the lurch.

Interview Questions
    • How important is it for you to act to get your work done?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself a person with common sense? Give example.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker in July 2011.

Well it starts with a written technical test, pre gallup and then group discussion rounds, one on one technical rounds and hten another gallup, phone interview and gallup

Interview Questions
    • describe yourself, what projects did you do?   Answer Question
    • Gallup questions are pertaining to whether you like working in a team or individually, what is your favourite sport   Answer Question
    well there was no negotiation option