Stryker

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in July 2010.

Interview Details – I first got a Pre-screening interview, in which he just asked me about my basic work experience like what are you currently doing and how much have you worked on medical products. what was your main accomplishment? Second was phone interview- which was more conditional questions. Like - what will you do in various situations. It lasted for 45 minutes. I have onsite interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage a critical situation or when you fail to produce what was expected from you?   Answer Question
  • How will you validate the product to fit the demand of surgeons?   View Answer

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in April 2010.

Interview Details – Thank you all who posted their questions. It really helped me as I could write down the answers before hand. They asked almost the same questions. I had my telephonic interview on April 22,2010.

1. Why do you want to work for Stryker?
2. What do you do in your spare time?
3. Do you like to stick to your plan or follow others?
4. Is it important for you to be liked by your co-workers?
5. How do you juggle with multiple projects?
6. Do your friends consider you to be a good friend?
7. Did you acquire solid knowledge in anything for which your friends
often come to you?
8. On a scale from 1-10, how persuasive are you?
9. Do you prefer to be very perfect only in one area or you want to be good in all areas?

I guess thats all..not sure if I missed anything. It was a complete
behavioral interview as informed before. Interview lasted for about 20
minutes. I feel it went well. Hope I get to the next round

Cheers,
Bharath

Interview Question – Do you like to stick to your plan or follow others?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker in March 2007.

Interview Details – Interview was very direct. Some interviewers ask silly/off the wall type questions that don't make sense to try and see what you do when you get thrown off-balance. It is a lot easier to get through the interview process if you participate in sports or play with cars, especially if you are interviewing for an engineering position.

Interview Question – what sorts of mechanical tinkering do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – has a long process to hire people which can be optimized but quit good as Gullup makes feel like you are the chosen one for the position although its just solves the purpose

Interview Question – regular questions with life time examples, which can be tricky at times   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – rigid

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker in July 2011.

Interview Details – Well it starts with a written technical test, pre gallup and then group discussion rounds, one on one technical rounds and hten another gallup, phone interview and gallup

Interview Questions

• describe yourself, what projects did you do?   Answer Question
  • Gallup questions are pertaining to whether you like working in a team or individually, what is your favourite sport   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – well there was no negotiation option

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was offered a job in August and a week before joining it was retracted. Then I approached Stryker directly and they made me go through series of phone interviews and each time the interviewer didn't know about the previous interviews. I was told I cleared the Gallop interview which only 10% candidates are able to pass and that for the next open position I will be considered but nothing happened. There was no rejection email or anything. They kept me in the lurch.

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process for Stryker includes an initial Gallup personality test. Once this is completed a d you are determined to be a match, you move on in the process. Often times there are multiple 30 minutes interviews lined up within one day.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the appropriate quality checks for this device?   View Answer
  • Tell us why you are better than a candidate who may have a4.0 and more experience.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in October 2010.

Interview Details – Received interview after submitting my resume both to a recruiter at my school's Career Fair and online through my school's job application website. Had a 1:1 interview a few weeks later. Interviewer asked typical behavioral questions and some personality ones as well. I'm pretty sure I didn't answer the personality ones in line with what the company was looking for. After I was declined for the position, they offered me the choice to get feedback on my interview. I didn't take them up on it because I already knew what I did wrong, but that was pretty nice.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was an on-site interview with a HR at a college career fair. She asked me several questions; such as, do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Afterwards, she wrote some notes on my resume and said I might receive a call from them soon but never did.

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview was quick and the interviewer was very friendly. It consisted of basic questions regarding my background. The panel interview was conducted by friendly individuals. Overall good experience.