Stryker

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in September 2010.

Interview Details – The first phase is a phone screening with an HR associate. They give a scaled-down version of the Gallup Screening questoins. This lasts approximately an hour. If you perform well, then you proceed to a full Gallup screening. This is a series of questions to determine your skills and qualities. Many times, you are asked a similar question in a different fashion or different circumstances.

From there I was brought in for 1-on-1 interviews with HR, the hIring manager, and that person's supervisor. I also met with a third person; another manager; from outside the department for their opinion.

I was then brought in for another 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager and the team I was to work with. This was more of a chemistry interview to determine if personalities would gel.

This process took approximately 5 week from first step until job offer.

Negotiation Details – Offer was made, I accepted. No negotiation was available

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – 1. Screened by a recruiter, 2. Spoke to Hiring Manager, 3. Gallup Interview - Behavioral Questions, 4. Interview by multiple people that you will be working with. Winning culture with all type A personalities.

Interview Question – Would you rather know a lot about a little or a little about a lot   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – 1 - HR call with a few sample gallup questions
2 - In face for a 5-6 rounds

Standard interview. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Pretty standard line of questioning.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stryker in June 2009.

Interview Details – When there was word of a new finance position becomming available. I made sure my supervisor knew i was interested and wanted to interview. I was then sent a time to interview with my Director one on one. I answered a few set of questions that were presented to me and explained the skills that I have and why i would be a good fit for the role. After about a week, i was called back into the office and told i got the position .

Interview Question – what skills do you have that makes you the most qualified for the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to I am sure, but i didn't. Always negotiate and have proof of why you have earned what you are asking for

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker Finance interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.