Stryker

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Company relies heavily upon the Gallup phone interview and screening process. The Gallup phone interview can take up to 2 hours and inquires about specific situations whether it be from your personal or professional life and how you handled/overcame each one. There is no right or wrong answer but based on your feedback they are able to assess whether you will be a good fit for the organization. The advice provided to me by the hiring manager for each of my examples was to say that I 'always' went above and beyond, 'always' stayed late, 'always' took on new projects, 'always' a team player...

Interview Question – Please tell me a time in your personal/professional life where you had to overcome adversity and how has that made you a stronger individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once an offer was extended I only dealt with Human Resources (Talent Acquisition) from that point on and negotiated my salary and sign-on bonus with them.

Finance Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews and was invited into the office for a series of in-person interviews. Everyone I talked to was nice and professional. The overall process was well organized. I didn't expect in-person personality questions however. Some of the questions repeated with each interviewer. During phone interviews, try to get an understanding of what type of personality they are looking for before heading into the in-person in interviews.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 - 5, how would you rate your self in/on .......?   View Answer

Finance Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2008.

Interview Details – First is a short personality test. Only 5% of people pass it (the best way is to answer honestly and thoughtfully. Don't overthink and don't try to impress). Then another personality test that's maybe 1.5 to 2 hours. Then if you pass that, you go for an interview that's 4 to 5 people in one day. Each person seemed to have an agenda, a specific tack that they were directed to apply.

But the bottom line is that they are looking for a specific type.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!