Stryker Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

I applied on their website and received an email one week later to schedule a phone interview. 1st interview is with a recruiter for about 10-15 minutes. They asked me basic questions about myself and my resume. (Why do you want to work for Stryker, Why do you want to leave your current job, etc.) 2nd interview was about 30-45 minutes with the hiring manager. Make sure you know your resume well, a lot of the questions will be about your experience. 3rd interview was a 60 minute phone interview with Gallup. Stryker uses this company to better determine your personality. Be sure to study your answers for the general questions for this and have at least 3-4 work examples that back up your answers. Questions are fired off nonstop and ask for many examples. 4th interview is with 4-5 of your potential coworkers ranging from HR individuals to the top manager in that division to see if you are a good fit. Stryker puts a lot of effort in finding the right candidate and cares a lot about your future!

Interview Questions
  • Are you a pushy person? Have you ever had someone champion your cause? Give an example.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in July 2013.

Applied through Styker website and got a call a few days later. I was surprised how fast they contacted me. Set up time with HR and had an initial conversation and she told me she would pass my resume to the hiring manager. I spoke with a hiring manager and was contacted a few days later about coming in for an in house interview. I had heard usually they have candidates take the Gallup test prior, but it was not the case here. Went in spoke with the team of 4 people, nothing major, very straight forward. They are looking for a right fit and they will let you know that right away. After the interview HR had mentioned they would have me take the Gallup. After a week of no answers from follow up emails and phone calls I took it as they did not want to continue. In my opinion very unprofessional way of going about answering inquires about how the interview process is coming along. If you are willing to bring in people to meet with the team at least tell that candidate where they stand, do not ignore them.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to be at Stryker?
      why do you want to leave your current position?
      what makes you a good fit for stryker ?
        Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Got the interview through my recruiter. People were very nice, interview was pretty relaxed questions about my history and my personality mostly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stryker.

Received on-campus interview following a career fair resume drop. After interviewing, I was told that there was no position open for me. Interview was strictly behavioral, with interviewer writing down my answers. Seemed like they were looking for a specific kind of candidate based on the would you rather type questions they asked. They told me they'd contact me within a month to let me know about potentially matching me with available positions. After 6 weeks, I got an email thanking me for interviewing, with the incorrect school name and my name spelled incorrectly. Didn't really seem like they were to detail-oriented.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather know a little about a lot, or a lot about a little.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

the first interview was a phone interview with the HR person. he asked a bunch of situational questions and a bunch of personality questions. some were straight forward and would ask you to rank yourself on a scale of 1 to 10. other questions gave you two options to choose from (ex: would you rather learn a lot about a little or a little about a lot). it was just a bunch of rapid fire questions with no real feedback.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to think outside of the box   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker in February 2012.

If you are outside of the company, Stryker will use a company called Gallup to screen you to make sure you fit their personality profile. Once you pass the Gallup interview, you will usually be called to an on-site interview depending on the number of candidates who get through the Gallup test. Once on-site, you will likely interview with the hiring manager, hr manager, and 3-4 additional Stryker employees (who you may or may not work with in the new position). After that they'll let you know. In my experience, the hiring decisions usually take at least 2-3 weeks after your interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Stryker only hires Type A personalities -- and this has to be proven from your undergrad GPA and why you chose your major to your history of promotions, even if it was 8 years ago. I was also asked what organizations I was in and how many hours I worked during undergrad during the screening.

It took about a month for the interviewer to get in touch with me after resume submission. I'm also aware that the Gallup personality tests are still being used to screen. I did not progress to the next step, as there was some concern over decisions I made as an undergrad.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!