Stryker Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Interview

The hiring process is very streamlined, I went from a phone screen, Gallup Interview, onsite interview, to an offer. Enjoyed everyone that I met with and talked to during the process

Interview Questions
  • The Gallup questions are some what strange and not relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

It was extremely long and arduous. I did several long phone screens then I was asked to take a personality test, then I was asked to interview on site after several more phone screens and web meetings. I did not go onsite for two months.

I had lunch with the team and one of the managers on the interview with me started yelling at the cafeteria worker, I was really horrified and think you should treat all people with respect. I would not expect an HR person to publicly start correcting a cafeteria worker, especially on an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to interview for two different roles, but it was not clear which role I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

First Interview: A phone pre-screen with a recruiter (who called much later than our set appointment time). I was asked the basic questions regarding my background, future goals and informed of the next steps. Note: The recruiter was smacking lunch during the interview and speaking as fast as an auctioneer to the point where the communication was garbled.

Second Interview: Two weeks later, a Gallup interviewer called me and asked preset questions to determine if I was "congruent" or "incongruent" (Stryker terminology). Apparently, the company seeks Type A personalities. I scored very high because I researched the Gallup interview methodologies and I was prepared. The questions were repeated because they look for a pattern or variations in your answer.

Third Interview: Two weeks later, the incumbent called me in the morning. This person was eating breakfast and slurping coffee during the interview process while on speaker and I was totally appalled. The incumbent provided her day to day tasks and duties and asked me nothing about my background.

Fourth Interview: Two weeks later, I received an invitation for a web interview with the decision maker. This was done on my computer in my home. The decision maker did not ask any questions about my experience or background. I was told about the role and asked what my future goals were. It lasted a total of eight minutes.

Fifth Interview: Three weeks later, I was sent an interview schedule to meet with six on site managers of various business units. Three of the managers expressed during my interview that they were "underpaid" and "could make more money at any other company". I was there for two and a half hours. It was a very informal interview and each one expressed that if internal employees that were hired from an acquisition were to take the Gallup interview, they would be "incongruent". In addition, two of the managers expressed that their onsite HR person (who had been promoted and I was interviewing for the "opportunity") was not a "face to face interactive person". The entire office was huge and employees were spread out like small islands and the noise level was at zero. It was a very strange work environment.

One month later: No response. After several emails to the recruiter and to the decision maker without ANY response, I emailed the recruiter again and received an email that an internal candidate had been offered the role.

Overall, I find this entire interview experience to be a complete waste of a qualified candidate's time and resources. I would not recommend applying to this company for obvious reasons: 1). lengthy interview process 2). Rude interviewers that find it acceptable to eat during the process 3). Lack of response to close the interview process 4). Work culture appears distant and "incongruent" for people who find it normal to interact with peers and co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • The Gallup interviewer asked the question: "What hurts your pride?"   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process is an investment that you should be prepared for up front. Stryker takes great pride in hiring exceptional talent and aligning them with positions best aligned with their strengths, the team, and future growth.

I've interviewed with Stryker both as an external candidate and as an internal candidate. It never gets easy. Be prepared and ready to discuss past performance, how you made an impact, how you build relationships, teams you've lead and problems you've solved. This is important at any step in the interview.

As an external candidate I had the opportunity to connect for a quick 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter, was sent to the Gallup Behavioral Based Interview, then came on site for a full day, jam packed schedule of interviews. 8am - 4:30pm. (This has changed over time and most on-site interviews are targeted for 1/2 day schedule)

Kudos to the team for recognizing I was a great fit for Stryker, but the position was not aligned with my passions. Within a week I interviewed for another role with a another division, the on-site process was similar with another full day of interviews.

I was impressed by the energy and enthusiasm of each person I connected with. I learned a lot about the culture, team dynamics, and organization throughout the entire process. I felt like they were taking great care in making their hiring decision. I appreciate their foresight in knowing the original opportunity wasn't the best fit, and their commitment to connect me with a role that was truly aligned with my passions, talents and career goals.

Since joining Stryker, I've had an amazing career and the interview process doesn't get any easier, but I'm happy that it's tough. When you get that next opportunity, you feel confident it's the right fit! Besides I like a good challenge!

Interview Questions
    • The Gallup interview was a unique experience. It was rapid fire questions with minimal feedback from the interviewer. It was unlike any interview I've had before. However, in the end it was painless; I talked a lot, reflected on things I hadn't thought of in some time or ever, and walked away learning more about myself.

If you have the opportunity to interview with Gallup the most important thing to walk away with is to truly be yourself. For real just be yourself! The questions may seem odd; just go with your instincts. Don't hold back and be ready to celebrate your wins.
        Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2012.

actually Gallup was not that professional based on my experience. They called about one hour earlier than the scheduled time and the interviewer obviously has no idea she got the time wrong.

When they called to arrange the interview, the person told me the interviewer will be a "he" from HK, but actually the call was from a girl in Beijing. They said it's going to last 70 minutes, but the girl can't wait to finish as soon as it reaches 45 minutes...agree that she's reading texts and was not that focused.

I scored high in "self-motivation" and "commitment", but very low in contribution in a team-set, which was a shock to me because I won many awards in recognition of my contribution at work over my whole career history, both internally and externally.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!