Stryker

Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.2

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in April 2009.

I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including a presentation before being turned down for an internship. I suppose their hiring process works well for them, but it was discouraging.

Interview Questions
  • LOTS of example questions - like "tell me about a time when people disagreed with you and what you did about it" - they love sports stories, by the way.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

"The Gauntlet" as they call it begins with a phone interview, typically, followed by a personality screening, and then an in-house interview. It's easy enough to look up the expected questions and answers they are looking for, but if you fake your way in you will likely not mesh with the company culture and will want to pull your hair out. The interview process is seeking out talented people - you need not have experience in medical devices or extensive knowledge on the company's background (just the basics to show you did your research).

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? (Always a toughie, but I was asked to reanswer after my first response was deemed not good enough!)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker in December 2013.

Stryker bases a lot of the hiring upon gallup testing. Most people that work there are very high achieving and competitive. They work hard and are so self starting.

1. Campus recruiter on campus interview
            -the recruiter is so nice and asks about your basic personality. Completely puts you at ease and is so warm and the interview was actually so enjoyable I had wished it was longer!
    2. Phone interview with Gallup
            -Rapid fire questions for less than an hour. All based on personality
    3. On campus interview with half hour interviews back to back for hours
            -Intimidating, but everyone is so nice that it was actually such an amazing experience.

Not much room for negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I applied through my school for an internship. I was invited for a face to face interview, but haven't heard back yet. I believe some people have gotten a no already but I haven't heard anything, so I'm not sure how it went. The face to face interview consisted of a couple of technical questions (regarding my own expertise), but was mostly filled with a lot of quick personality questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

First I met with a university recruiter which went well and he passed on my resume. Then had about a 30 minute interview with another recruiter from Stryker about a week later. Fairly simple just basic questions about myself and leadership roles. Then conducted another interview through gallup which was very fast paced questions about myself and how I've dealt with past experiences.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker in March 2013.

On campus interview. Standard questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowermound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowermound, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

I had a really good experience with the HR team at Stryker! They are all very friendly and helpful throughout the entire interview process. There were three phases in the interview process: prescreening, Gallup phone interview and a full day interview at their offices. Each of my interviews were pretty tedious. They ask a lot of the same questions in different ways. For example they ask about leadership and personal organization. The company is looking for people who are very organized and have a type A personality.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiations as an intern.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

Email back and forth to sales manager. Asked my goals when graduating and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you failed and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why should we higher you? What do you have to offer that the other candidates do not?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because it was an internship with a set pay.

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in April 2012.

First had an on campus interview, then a phone personality interview with gallup, an on site interview with numerous managers and engineers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Face to face interview, followed by Gallup phone interview. Comprehensive, 85 question situational screening, followed by half-day visit to headquarters

Still pending