Stryker Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2014

3.2

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stryker in March 2013.

On campus interview. Standard questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in April 2009.

I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including a presentation before being turned down for an internship. I suppose their hiring process works well for them, but it was discouraging.

Interview Questions
    • LOTS of example questions - like "tell me about a time when people disagreed with you and what you did about it" - they love sports stories, by the way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The Gallup interview was different than your normal interview. It is very behavioral. Lots of examples are requested. I can't share the actual questions due to their policy, but the experience overall was positive. Just be yourself and give yourself time to think before responding immediately

Interview Questions
    • Gallup has requested that I do not share any questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flowermound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowermound, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

I had a really good experience with the HR team at Stryker! They are all very friendly and helpful throughout the entire interview process. There were three phases in the interview process: prescreening, Gallup phone interview and a full day interview at their offices. Each of my interviews were pretty tedious. They ask a lot of the same questions in different ways. For example they ask about leadership and personal organization. The company is looking for people who are very organized and have a type A personality.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiations as an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in October 2010.

Just trying to see if you're a type A person. Not a very effective way of searching for potential employees in my opinion. I just skewed my answers to be as type A as possible and was offered a position. Declined because there is absolutely no way that I'd want to work in an office full of aggressive and manipulative people.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

I submitted my resume through university recruiting and had a phone interview 2 weeks later. During the phone interview I was asked Gallup questions. I don't recall getting any sort of feedback on whether I was a "good" fit. I sent 2 emails over the next 3 weeks to my interviewer and heard nothing back. It was not until almost 2 months after my interview that they emailed me to let me know that the position had been filled.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker.

I left a resume with representative at career fair after talking to them a little bit there, another hr rep called that evening and scheduled an on campus interview for the next day. The interview was very straight forward, simply questions to gauge my personality then the interviewer allowed me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was a personality interview so there were just a bunch of questions to identify my personality type to see if I was a fit for the personality Stryker looks to hire.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in April 2012.

First had an on campus interview, then a phone personality interview with gallup, an on site interview with numerous managers and engineers.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

Email back and forth to sales manager. Asked my goals when graduating and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you failed and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why should we higher you? What do you have to offer that the other candidates do not?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because it was an internship with a set pay.