Stryker Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

1. Phone screening Recruiting dept. - (Recruiter plays a big role through out process) 2. Face 2 Face- (Meet w/sales manager & senior rep) 3. Face 2 Face- (Meet w/GM & sales manager) 4. Gallup- (Be yourself and answer questions with your initial thoughts) 5. Face 2 Face- (Meet sales manager again, plus the team) Tough, long process so Stryker can make sure this is what you want, and you are what they want. Keep in mind you will be tested even when you don't think you are.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than the other candidates? Do not say honesty, work ethic, or your the best. You have 60 seconds go.   Answer Question

Makoplasty Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me to set-up a phone interview. I was asked what times would be best for the call. I responded via email immediately. I didn't hear back from the recruiter for 4-5 days but we decided on a time. 20 minutes before the phone call I get an email stating that they have gone with another candidate

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Several phone interviews by the recruiter and manager, followed by the Gallup personality quiz. This personality quiz is unconventional but I really liked it. There isn't really a way to prepare and it is best to just answer honestly - this type of blind audition works to see both if you are a good fit for Stryker and vice versa. This is a particularly good practice for a company with so many type A, driven people, as Stryker most definitely is.

ProCare Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker in August 2015.

Interview

I was recently contacted via email for a phone interview for a Stryker Procare position. We both set up a date and time easily, and I was ready and waiting. The time from when I applied til the time I was actually interviewed was less than a month. The woman who called me on my interview day was really straight to the point, jumped into the interview process after a quick "hello how are you doing today?" The questions were not difficult so long as you took the time to research the position, the responsibilities, and why you thought you would be a good match for the position. After about 30 minutes we both decided that this entry level job was not something I was looking for. In terms of technical ability and education, I meet and exceeded the requirements, however the salary was not something I was interested in, nor was it negotiable. But the woman was straight to the point and didnt waste my time beating around the bush on that topic, which I appreciate. Overall, she was very professional, gave me the feedback I asked for, and possible opportunities I should keep an eye out for that would better suit my needs skillwise and financially.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the Procare specialist position?   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stryker (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Started initially with a phone interview. Then I met the area manager in the Lobby of a local hotel. She didn't have much to say, other than she was cramming a lot of interviews in a short time frame. Disappointing. Very informal.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

There were no interview at all. They reply to my application with: While we appreciate your interest in Stryker Corporation, we have other applicants who have a background and experiences that more closely fit our needs for this particular position. Again, we certainly do appreciate your interest in Stryker and a potential career with our organization. Very polite, but I can assure that my background and experience were more than enough for the position, but as I have no work experience in the US, that makes my background insufficient. On the same day I receive this answer, I apply for an internship in this company, which is way under my proficiency, only to receive the same answer a couple of days later. I understand this is a normal approach in several companies in US, but it is undeniable that "equal opportunities" are big words that should be used with caution by these companies.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

It was very simple. Just the normal behavioral questions. First, I had a phone interview, then an in-person one at their headquarters. This one was more technical. Thwe questions were pretty straightforward. The most important thing is to be very confident. Especially on the phone interview. Be confident, be prepared and review glassdoor before hand. Don't be too cocky though. It reflects overconfidence as well.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weakness? Like people? Leader or follower?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview was about a half hour long of extremely difficult questions. The interviewer seemed completely uninterested and was not friendly at all. Although I was not offered a position, the interviewer definitely did not seem like someone I would want to work with or for every day. This entire experience made me remember why I never bothered with Stryker before. They are looking for specific personality types and quickly write off anyone who does not meet that Type A criteria. My advice is to just be yourself because if they don't hire you, chances are it's not a place you would like to work anyways.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

It took over 6 months to get the job at Stryker. The HR Department is so SLOW - then you go onsite for an interview - wait a month go back again wait a month - it took FOREVER!!!! Then one day I went and had to interview with 5 people - one at a time in a small conference room - HORRIBLE. That's just for a coordinator job - not cool

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - they don't tell you what they are offering until you go thru the whole interview process - they said what they were offering - take it or leave it.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly in depth. It starts with a basic phone call with HR, followed by an in depth personality screen through the Gallup organization. If all goes well, an onsite interview with several cross-functional team members rounds out the process.