Stryker

362 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Service Interview

Field Service

I applied online - interviewed at Stryker in September 2010.

Interview Details – Assessment was easy. They love to hire former military people. Started w/ a contact from HR and then talked to the regional supervisor/director. At that point had to drive to a hospital in Boston to meet w/ the director and a field service rep.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations... take it or leave it.

Surgical Associate Sales Representative Interview

Surgical Associate Sales Representative
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with an HR rep at the MI headquarters. Then I had 2 in-person interviews, where one was with the Territory Manager and then the last one was with the Territory Manager and the Director of Sales.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – Complicated once you get past the HR process. If successful there you will be asked to do the Gallup poll. Although I understand the reason for this, it is a difficult interview. Just be yourself and your natural talents will emerge.

Interview Question – Gallup   Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Stryker ProCare Specialist
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in July 2014.

Interview Details – 1st Step Interview:
I received an email from a recruiter in California offering me a phone interview within the next few days. Ten minutes after our scheduled time I received a phone call, I blame time zones, from a kind woman in recruiting. Even though she works in HR she knew much about the position. The phone call lasted 12 minutes. It was full of short questions and short answers so they can get a feel for who you are. I'll write each step of the interview process separately as i get them.

Interview Questions

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – Mostly personality based questions. close to 50-60 gallup based interview questions. all asking the same questions in different ways to see what you say or respond. Answer truthfully cause its a kind of personality that they are looking to hire. Go over all the basic Analog electronic theory (transistors, diodes, crystals, op-amps, voltage regulators, power supplies etc) and a little bit of logic gate theory. On the spot description of their current product will be required. Description of a problem and on the spot engineering solution will be asked of. Be well aware of what is on your resume. Don't BS.

Interview Question – Personality related questions were tough. Always be confident and stay on top of the interviewer. They are looking at your confidence.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate
Portage, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Question – What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   View Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Associate Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – I search this companies website, on my own, for an open position, and then reached out to my network for a contact, to assist me in passing my résumé along. Within 5 days I received an email from a recruiter to do a phone screening. The phone screening was great,I was then asked to officially apply for the position since I still had not done that; easy enough.

We immediately set up a face-to-face with the territory manager.

This is where things got interesting. We spent about 30 minutes where I was doing most of the talking (answering questions). Everything was going great, manager even commented that they liked my answers. (We all have done an interview and walked away knowing you would not be receiving an offer)

Finally I started to ask questions about the company, and specific to the role. On my second question I get an odd look back. It was as this point that I was informed that was not the job you are interviewing for. I now asked what it is we are here to interview about. Still an associate role, and even the manager commented that they did not see anything in the emails informing me what the role was (proving that having me officially apply for the open position was never even looked at). We still continued, and I did great with on the spot questions about this position.

Within a few hours of the interview I received the scripted response of we have decided to go with another candidate. Disappointing since I know I did great, even with the poor communication from the recruiter.

Stryker missed out on a passionate hire who sought them out, and showed the drive of a sales person to get in touch with the right people.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a job in the Bay Area. Set up a quick 15 minute phone interview with her and then was set up with another phone interview with the sales managers. That was with 2 people on a conference call and lasted about an hour. They seemed somewhat unprepared, but regardless the interview was smooth and they asked me all generic sales experience questions.

Interview Question – What did you do when you were unable to help a customer?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Digital Marketing Coordinator
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Interview Details – everyone tells you (even stryker employees) that the process takes forever. THEY ARENT EXAGGERATING. the stryker application and interview process is a huge headache and one that doesnt make any sense from an outside perspective. but when you meet the Styker person you'll realize it works- everyone is great

Interview Question – all questions are very basic and just ask about your work ethic and personality. be honest-- stryker is all about culture fit.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – realized that this was not the industry for me

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Question – tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!