Stryker Interview Questions

3.4

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker.

Pass the Gallup, you can download a copy of the questions on Scribd.com - they were almost exactly the same questions. Answer them honestly, but having them beforehand helps you self-reflect.
    Everyone was really nice and professional. Once you get past the Gallup they are surprisingly lax on the interviews, not as much grilling as I've had in my career.

This position is not a Product Marketing position - it's a glorified sales support position. Be sure to ask lots of questions about basic marketing functions like determining and implementing strategies, decision making processes on new product launches, etc - you will uncover that "product manager" at Stryker means "field sales support." Be sure you ask a lot of questions and get to the bottom of what the position entails - I probed a lot and found this isn't a marketing or product management position at all despite what the job description says!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions weren't really hard, but just have lots of examples of behaviors. Actual interviews are quite easy - know the products and industry and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Stryker.

Met at a campus career fair over a course of a week they were there. I returned for an interview the next day. The first interview was mostly your standard, why do you want to work here, how will you be a fit, etc. They explained the Gallup interview process as well. Stryker is known to have many interviews (12-15) before they feel confident hiring a full-time employee

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2013.

Applied - was easy to follow and the online apply process was simple
    Phone Screen - very cordial and professional
    Gallup Interview - intense
    Onsite Interview - cordial and professional
    Offer - what I expected
    Hired - glad to be here!

Interview Questions
    Very easy to negotiate as the recruiter already knew what I was looking for in a comp and long term incentive plan.

Patient Handling Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

phone interview, face to face, gallup, skype interview.
    Stryker only wants a specific type of candidate, if you dont fit the profile you will not get the job. The face to face is very intense, question after question, need to be quick on your feet. Have to be very successful in previous sales job and must show how and why

Engineer Interview

Stryker uses Gallup to determine how you will fit into the position you are interviewing for. The profile is saved in you HR folder and reevaluated if you want to change roles throughout your career. The process is a marathon, not a sprint and there seemed to be tricks along the way to catch people off their game.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing out of the ordinary, besides the quantity of interviews and slight disorganization of the process   Answer Question

Complaint Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Initial communication was good. Had hr call with basic background information. Then set follow up with Gallup personality review. Don't care about team work want driven decisive people who take charge from what I can tell.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I was contacted originally through a recruiting agency and worked with a very pleasant recruiter. He scheduled an HR screening a couple days out, which the HR person missed, and rescheduled after the fact. The screening went well, and I moved on to a technical interview with the hiring manager and a few members of the team. The content of the phone technical interview was trivial, almost to a surprising degree. (What is a class? What is a virtual method? Lots of focus on OO architecture for an embedded job). After that, the hiring manager was pleased and had me do the infamous Gallup interview (which was rescheduled with 20 minutes notice). You can read a lot about them online, but basically it's a personality test that is an hour worth of rapid-fire seemingly nonsensical questions that help Stryker decide if you are a good fit. I apparently was not.

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions were often unexpected. The most "difficult" technical question involved describing the class hierarchy you would use to represent a standard set of 52 playing cards for use in a game.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process started with a call from the recruiter. After passing the initial interview I was asked to take the Gallup test. After passing the Gallup I spoke to the hiring manager and another person in the department. I was then invited to fly out for the in person interview. While onsite I had 10 separate interviews that all went very well. I received great feedback from some of the individuals instantly. After the interview I didn't hear anything. After a week of waiting I reached out to the HR representative who told me that she would talk to the hiring manager and get back to me on timelines .. that was 9 days ago and I haven't heard anything. The lack of professionalism has changed how I feel about the company and my desire to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all your interviews today who was the most difficult interviewee and why?   Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

I know it is extensive, I had one phone screening and one personal interview and was not communicated with after that. I sent the person I interviewed with an email and he responded promptly by text.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!