Stryker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.4

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview was about a half hour long of extremely difficult questions. The interviewer seemed completely uninterested and was not friendly at all. Although I was not offered a position, the interviewer definitely did not seem like someone I would want to work with or for every day. This entire experience made me remember why I never bothered with Stryker before. They are looking for specific personality types and quickly write off anyone who does not meet that Type A criteria. My advice is to just be yourself because if they don't hire you, chances are it's not a place you would like to work anyways.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are three stages of the interview. The first is a phone interview just to get to know you better, the second is done through an outside company called Gallup. I highly recommend looking up some of the questions beforehand because of how odd they are. The final interview was in person where you meet 7-8 employees who will ask you typical interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

On campus interview was straight-forward, was asked what the most complicated thing I have ever done was. Afterwards, I was asked to explain it like the interviewer was in 5th grade.

Gallup interview was 60 mins of fast-paced personality questions, mostly yes or no. The interviewers have great BS detection.

Last round was a full day of onsite interviews with various full-time employees, including some skill tests (circuit analysis, debugging, logic problems, and assembling a product without instructions.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you get what you want? (Yes or No)   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial face to face interview with RM and HR -> Gallup -> 5 additional rounds with a round robin in corporate at the end. The RM and HR rep. becomes your champion when they select to choose to send you to corporate for your final round.

There is also a "ride along." The time spent with another rep. is intended to create a bond...don't be fooled however, this is done intentionally to find areas of weakness.

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A current employee who had graduated from the same university as me reached out and said they were partnering with our school's Career Services to recruit students for a position. She told me about the company and the position and sent me the employee referral application link. I was contacted by HR and set up a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview, I was required to take the "Gallup" test via phone. Following the Gallup, I was scheduled for an in-person interview where I spoke with three different individuals. They ended up going with another candidate but overall the process was fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you experienced conflict with team members, and how you resolved that conflict.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was tough. Consisted of 3 interviews. 1 phone interview, 1 gallup polling, and 1 onsite interview. They were very interested in my mechanical and technical abilities. They also asked questions about my ability to work in teams. They were interested in me being very driven and a hard worker.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied for the financial analyst position and received a phone call for another position on their accounting team. They scheduled a phone interview for the next week. And that phone call was never made..

Buyer Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker (Lakeland, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR rep (VERY friendly) to set up a phone interview with her then the hiring manager then, the final phone interview which was with Gallup. None of the phone interviews were strenuous. I was then contacted to set up the fourth and final interview, the in person interview. I interviewed with 6 of the managers I'd be working with - all of these interviews were one-on-one. They were all very friendly and just asked typical interview questions. All-in-all the interview process took a week from when I had the first phone interview to when I had my final in person interview. They were very timely and stuck to the timeline they had given me.

Interview Questions

• If three of your managers gave you projects and wanted you to complete them by the end of the day but there was no way that would be possible, even if you worked all night, how would you handle this?
      Would you rather make a decision based on fact or instinct?
      Would you rather work in a group or lead a group?
      Would you prefer to be in a less successful group with close friends, or a more successful group with acquaintances?

Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 3 steps -> Phone interview -> In Person Interview -> Gallup Personality Test over the phone.

If you interview well then they will proceed to have an HR rep call you to go through the Gallup test. It is a 30 minute phone conversation asking intricate questions on how you would handle situations, many were ethical questions and questions on your personality. If they ask a question that could have a yes or no answer, only answer with yes or no.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Completed an initial interview with a hiring manager at a hiring fair. Then I completed a 1.5 hour interview over the phone with a representative of Gallup to gauge my personality. After successfully making it through Gallup, I was flown to Dallas (on Stryker's dime) for 8 individual interviews with a variety of managers and directors. Most were very friendly, all were professional. Some interviewes were very standard (resume based), while others were more of a test of my PM knowledge and skills. I was contacted by HR about 5 days later with a written offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have been in charge of?
      How would you handle an angry client?

Answer Question