Stryker

3.4

Business Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2007.

The process started with an On Campus College Job Fair where HR recruiters will take your resume and look for 3 things: GPA (minimum 3.0, no exceptions), experience (though for most college applicants this is not really a factor, and areas of interest. The recruiter will then ask you 2 or 3 of the following behavioral questions: On a scale of 1 to 10, how competitive are you? (Always say 10) Do prefer a fact, medium, or slow paced environment? (Always say fast) Would you rather do your best or be the best? (Be best) Would you rather lead a group or be part of it? (Lead) Etc... Your resume will be marked with a 1(interested) or a 2 (not interested) and you will progress from there only if you were a 1.
    The second phase of the process was on campus interviews. They were one-on-one with the recruiter or one of the other employees there for the job fair. They take you through another behavioral interview (screener) that contains around 50 questions grouped in areas such as achiever, discipline, kinesthetic, mastery, interpersonal, problem solver, service, command, responsibility, courage, team, trust, innovator, focus, and ego. You are rated on each answer with a plus or minus. You should be overzealous on every answer. Sell yourself to the max. Don't worry about seeming conceited. That is what they are looking for. People who thrive on being the best. The overall score will get you a rating of A, B, or C. A= good fit, B= fit with qualifications, C= not a fit. Only A's get passed on to the next step.
    After the interview, you will immediately be informed whether or not you will pass on to the next step. The recruiter will provide you information about setting up the Gallop Phone Interview.
    The phone interview was the hardest part. You spend around an hour on the phone with a Gallop employee who shows no emotion and fires questions at you at a rapid pace and often cuts you off in the middle of your explanations. It is a very unsatisfying and exhausting experience. The questions are all designed to determine your personality traits to see if you are going to be a "fit". The results of the phone interview are then sent to Stryker and they will contact you regarding the result. If you pass (again, only A types pass) you will be asked to come on site for more interviews.
    The on site interview process consisted of one full day of back to back interviews. Most interviews contain 2 people. You will meet with managers of the different departments you are being considered for. There will be a less formal lunch that will usually be 2 people in the position you are applying for. After this, all of the people you met with provide feedback to HR with a recommendation of yes or no and justification. If there is anyone in the process who can back up their "no" answer, you will be cut. You must wow every person you meet with.
    If you pass, you will get a call from HR extending an offer and giving you a completely unreasonable request for an answer (usually like 24 hours). They will give you an extension, but only if you really push for it. They will also low ball you an offer, so you need to negotiate higher and have facts to back it up (like industry averages in that area.) And that's it! Ha.

Interview Questions
    • Do you ever feel like you have done enough?   View Answer
    • How many hours do you work in a week?   View Answer
    • How important is it that your co-workers like you?   View Answer
    • Are you sometimes forceful with other people?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate nearly enough. Being fresh out of college is a disadvantage that they prey on. I was not able to negotiate pay, but I was able to negotiate the signing bonus. Going back in time, I would have insisted on higher pay after doing my homework on the industry average, I would have pushed out my start date further, negotiated an even higher bonus, and gotten more details on the relocation package.

Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in August 2008.

There were multiple phone calls throughout the interview process. Interviewed with recruiter, followed by a gallop interview (non-Stryker employee). Came inhouse to the Company to be interviewed by HR manager and then 4 managers/directors in the tax department. Asked behavior based questions throughout the interview. Did not discuss compensation as this position was for an internship.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time when you were in a team environment and not everyone was completing their tasks? What types of things did you do to eager this individual?   Answer Question

Sale Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2010.

It was very difficult. They really put me on the spot. So many questions about what ifs. I had a great track record so no big deal I declined the offer because ti wasnt enough $$.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in October 2009.

there were 2 people in the interview room and only 1 is asking question the other just sit there and observe. asked a little about resume and then a lot of the questions that ask you to rate yourself from 1-10 on a certain ability

Tax Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in August 2009.

The interview process was extremely time consuming and completely over the top. I met with far too many people for far too long. Moreover, I felt that the Company did not even use the excessive amounts of information gathered during this process to make their decision. Instead they left it up to the personal whims of one particular manager.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in January 2011.

I was told by a screening staff that HR person will contact me and ask me 60 Questions. Open ended. I didn't have a good experince.

ASR Stryker IVS Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in February 2011.

Knew a top sales rep for Stryker. Asked for a recommendation for open position, and it was granted. Flew to interview, went great, setup to take gallup. Will report after that.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to make people feel special? and how   View Answer
    • What about your current job or position makes you want to leave?   View Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in March 2009.

The interviewer was incredibly rude, running through roughly 50 questions in the first 10 minutes asking yes-or-no questions. Whenever I tried to substantiate a claim, the response was, "Stop talking, just answer the questions". The interview had zero substance; how could the interviewer simply write down a number and garner any real information from that? This is a sad way to build a future talent pool.

Interview Questions
    • How aggressive do you see yourself, give me a number 1 through 10?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

The hiring manager that I interviewed with was very nice easy to talk to.
    It seems like stryker is looking for a certain type of person. If you don't fit the mold you won't make it through.
    If they like you the process will go quickly.

No negotiation.

Accounting Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

I had an hour phone interview for the internship, and the result was not so good. They asked about a lot of same questions in the different ways. It was hard to maintaining answering same questions in a different way.

Interview Questions
    • Please, rate your leadership skills from rage 1 to 10.   Answer Question