Stryker

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

3.4

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker in December 2013.

Stryker bases a lot of the hiring upon gallup testing. Most people that work there are very high achieving and competitive. They work hard and are so self starting.

1. Campus recruiter on campus interview
            -the recruiter is so nice and asks about your basic personality. Completely puts you at ease and is so warm and the interview was actually so enjoyable I had wished it was longer!
    2. Phone interview with Gallup
            -Rapid fire questions for less than an hour. All based on personality
    3. On campus interview with half hour interviews back to back for hours
            -Intimidating, but everyone is so nice that it was actually such an amazing experience.

Not much room for negotiation

Distribution Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in December 2014.

The interview went really well. It was set up by Bradley Morris and I had good information about Stryker going into the interview along with information about my interviewer. I was asked basic interview type questions. For example, tell me a little about yourself and walk me through your resume. Most of the questions I was asked dealt with I handle conflict and resolve issues with customers. My interviewer was very personable and easy going and made the interview seem more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with customers when you cannot meet their demands?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in November 2014.

I first applied to the job opening by sending my cover letter and resumer to a recruiter. From there, the recruiter emailed, asked me to apply to the job online through Stryker's website. Additionally, I was asked to give a list of times that would work for around a 30 minute phone interview that was more just to get to know me and not so much a technical interview. All of this held true, and the phone interview was very laid back and actually pleasant. From there if they like you, they send you a follow up email to be send up with the Gallup phone interview, which you schedule whenever you like. The Gallup interview is manageable if you prepare and practice for it. From there, they bring you on site for about 4/4.5 hours and are asked to presentation on yourself.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a results-oriented team and a teamwork oriented team?   Answer Question

Endoscopic Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Stryker.

Very laid back interview process. First contact was via email, stating a position opened up. Set up face-to-face interview. Face to face was pretty laid back, but they really want people who have team-building skills, multi-tasking abilities, and a great positive personality. Next step is the Gallup phone interview. Just be yourself. BIGGEST TIP- Be prepared to answer all questions in S.T.A.R. format (Situation, Task needed, Action Taken, Result of the Action). Smile through the phone, and remember that this is a position for team players i.e. serving, sports, leadership, fraternity/sorority etc!

Did not negotiate.

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I talked to a recruiter at the job fair at my university and was contacted for an on campus interview.
    The on-campus interview was purely personality and behavioral with two interviewers. The first interviewer, who happened to be the recruiter that I spoke with, asked behavioral questions such as giving specific examples of when I displayed certain qualities. The second interviewer then asked my a series of rapid fire "yes" or "no" personality questions.
    I was contacted two weeks after the interview, inviting me for a second interview. This was a phone interview with a third party company called Gallup. I found this one to be harder because it was almost an hour of asking about personality and giving specific examples.
    I was just contacted for an on-site interview about a month after I completed the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked if you portray Type A traits like leadership, not being afraid to stand against the popular opinion, keeping busy, etc. What makes it challenging is that every question is followed by being asked to give a specific example of when you demonstrated the trait. MY mind was going blank because I was so nervous.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

First round was a simple screening process, and not too difficult. Really I think they just want to see if the person is qualified or not. Second round was Gallup interview to weed out any candidates that do not fit the personality of those working at Stryker. Third round was an on-site interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you spoke to someone with candour.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

Met with 7 different employees. The process was enjoyable to learn about so many different sectors of what they all did. They were all friendly but asked good questions without a doubt. Still waiting to hear back from them but would definitely be interested in working there for the summer

Interview Questions
    • Technical Thermo questions as well as dynamics and Heat transfer   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair, and interviewed on campus the following week. It's purely behavioral, and they definitely are looking for very team-oriented people. It was the very first formal internship/job interview I've ever had, so I should have practiced more. Also, they care a lot about culture fit. So do your research!

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in September 2014.

The interview process is extremely tedious and extensive. From the time I applied to the time I was able to actually start the position was over 2 months. I applied online, had a phone interview with an HR Recruiter, was setup with my first face to face interview, had a second phone interview, followed by the Gallup Interview and then my Final Interview.

Interview Questions
    • The Gallup Interview was the most difficult and strenuous portion of the interview process.   View Answer
    I negotiated within a reasonable table, and they accepted the negotiation without any issues/problems.