Stryker Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.4

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker (Fremont, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was 30 phone interview with HR. 90% personality questions and 10% experience questions. I failed to see how effective this type of interview would be as the Hiring manager should decide what type of person they wish to hire to best fit in their team. Few days later I've received an automated rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Do you like being in the leadership role or do you enjoy being a follower?   Answer Question

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A current employee who had graduated from the same university as me reached out and said they were partnering with our school's Career Services to recruit students for a position. She told me about the company and the position and sent me the employee referral application link. I was contacted by HR and set up a phone interview the following week. After the phone interview, I was required to take the "Gallup" test via phone. Following the Gallup, I was scheduled for an in-person interview where I spoke with three different individuals. They ended up going with another candidate but overall the process was fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you experienced conflict with team members, and how you resolved that conflict.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was with an HR recruiter, and was quite quick and easy. Made it to the next round with no issues, but didn't have much opportunity to detail work history and qualifications. Second round was the Gallup interview: this is a very structured process where you answer what you are asked and nothing more, unless the interviewer asks for more information. Received an email a few days later noting that I wasn't a good fit.

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was tough. Consisted of 3 interviews. 1 phone interview, 1 gallup polling, and 1 onsite interview. They were very interested in my mechanical and technical abilities. They also asked questions about my ability to work in teams. They were interested in me being very driven and a hard worker.

Buyer Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker (Lakeland, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR rep (VERY friendly) to set up a phone interview with her then the hiring manager then, the final phone interview which was with Gallup. None of the phone interviews were strenuous. I was then contacted to set up the fourth and final interview, the in person interview. I interviewed with 6 of the managers I'd be working with - all of these interviews were one-on-one. They were all very friendly and just asked typical interview questions. All-in-all the interview process took a week from when I had the first phone interview to when I had my final in person interview. They were very timely and stuck to the timeline they had given me.

Interview Questions

• If three of your managers gave you projects and wanted you to complete them by the end of the day but there was no way that would be possible, even if you worked all night, how would you handle this? Would you rather make a decision based on fact or instinct? Would you rather work in a group or lead a group? Would you prefer to be in a less successful group with close friends, or a more successful group with acquaintances?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Applied for the financial analyst position and received a phone call for another position on their accounting team. They scheduled a phone interview for the next week. And that phone call was never made..

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Completed an initial interview with a hiring manager at a hiring fair. Then I completed a 1.5 hour interview over the phone with a representative of Gallup to gauge my personality. After successfully making it through Gallup, I was flown to Dallas (on Stryker's dime) for 8 individual interviews with a variety of managers and directors. Most were very friendly, all were professional. Some interviewes were very standard (resume based), while others were more of a test of my PM knowledge and skills. I was contacted by HR about 5 days later with a written offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have been in charge of? How would you handle an angry client?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2015.

Interview

Initial brief phone interview with questions about background. Second interview was in person with two people present. Questions consisted of work experience, schooling, why Stryker, why you think you would be good for the position, etc. Gallup interview was one tough cookie. Waited two weeks two receive and email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• -Have you ever faced adversity? Give me an example of a time you faced adversity. -Are you good at persuading people? Give me a time you persuaded someone to do something they didn't want to do? -Do you defy limits? ( interviewer could not elaborate on type of limits ethical, personnel, etc)   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 3 steps -> Phone interview -> In Person Interview -> Gallup Personality Test over the phone. If you interview well then they will proceed to have an HR rep call you to go through the Gallup test. It is a 30 minute phone conversation asking intricate questions on how you would handle situations, many were ethical questions and questions on your personality. If they ask a question that could have a yes or no answer, only answer with yes or no.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

Mainly behavioral questions and questions about resume. Make sure to research the position and the company. Wasn't expecting some questions about Stryker itself. Otherwise, have answers prepared to serve as examples to your answers and know what you want to say in a go to situation.