Stryker

Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.4

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Spoke with recruiters at the career fair and then was invited back for an on campus interview the next day. In the interview they asked me questions regarding my resume and ended with a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • The personality test was tough in general because they want a yes or no answer most of the time but they weren't always yes or no questions. Ex: Do you want your coworkers to like you?   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

If you are interviewing via an on campus interview, the first round interview will be half technical questions, and half "fit" questions, to see if you will fit in the Stryker culture.
    if you make it past the interview on campus, you may have a phone interview with the team that wants to work with you to see if you would fit the job description. After that, you will have a gallup personality test done, that is done over the phone and takes about a half hour. then you will have on-site interviews if you make it past that point.

Interview Questions
    • As far as the technical questions, they will ask you things like "what is something that you have gained a high degree of competency?", and then ask you to go into detail about it. As far as the fit quetions, they may ask you things like:
      Are you more aggressive then others
      how you you rate your aggressiveness on a scale of 1 to 5?
       A follow-up question could require the participant to give an example of a situation where they did or did not use aggression to handle a situation.
      What was the last thing you purchased for someone?
      How would you rate yourself on a scale from 1-5?
      Why do you think you are more qualified for this job compared to others that are applying for the position? Please be specific.
      Do you consider yourself to be an egotistical person?
      Would you prefer to be paid on an hourly basis or do you think that you would be better suited with performance-based wages?
      How do you handle team members who do not pull their own weight while on the job?
      In a meeting, do you ever consider it unnecessary to talk?

View Answer

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

It's a on campus recruiting, and this is the first round of interview. There were a lot of Gullup questions towards the end of the interview. The requirement is to answer them without thinking too much into it. The format is very similar to some of the online personality questions.

Engineering Interview

First, I talked to a rep at a campus career fair. This led to an on campus interview, with mainly questions about what I was interested in and more technical questions regarding what I have already done. This interview also had behavioral/character questions. The following phone interview was very similar to the first. Third phone interview was Gallup (purely behavioral/character). I was told I would be contacted for a fourth interview, but communications ceased.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding the depth and breadth of the engineering design work I had previously done.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Timeline: Recruiter Email Intro, Recruiter Phone Intro, Recruiter Interview, Hiring Manager Phone Interview, Gallup Interview, On Site Interview, Department Head Phone Interview, Offer. Recruiter and hiring manager were very responsive and ready to answer any questions relating to the company and the position. They focused a lot on personal career development and support employees exploring different roles in other departments within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult for the position, but Stryker has been the only company that I've taken the Gallup interview with   Answer Question

Took a gamble that the current job would be better financially in the long term

Intern Interview

Got on campus interview through career fair. I think it's more of a Q& A session than a interview. The interviewer asks you question and then keep taking notes when you are talking. Asked a lot of personality type stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something technical about you.   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

1. Tell me something about yourself?
        Then I talked about myself for a little bit.
    2. What do your think it is your strength?
    3. Tell me something you know about Stryker and why do you want to join us?
        After that, I ask the interviewer how he get into Stryker and how did he like Stryker. He told me that he was actually a mechanical engineer, and after he get into Stryker, he worked on a position on quality assurance. He also told me that there's a lot of training in Stryker and a lot of corporation and interpersonal communication.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something you know about stryker and why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

OMG it took 5 months to get the job at Stryker - the HR department is HORRIBLE they are SOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!! and you have to interview with at least 10 people

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

Interview process started off with a screening with the recruiter and then another screening with the hiring manager. The Gallup test followed after the phone screens and a final in person interview with 7 managers/department personnel + 1 HR employee. All the interviewers were polite and easy to talk to so it felt more like a conversation rather than a formal question/answer interview session.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. Make sure you have a lot of examples and ideas about your experience to discuss   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

First I met with a university recruiter which went well and he passed on my resume. Then had about a 30 minute interview with another recruiter from Stryker about a week later. Fairly simple just basic questions about myself and leadership roles. Then conducted another interview through gallup which was very fast paced questions about myself and how I've dealt with past experiences.