Stryker

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Some of the interview questions they asked me were so off the wall stupid that it made me not want to work for them! They did ask some situational questions that pertained to the position. What motivates you? How do you feel about working a commissioned position? What career accomplishment are you most proud of?

Interview Questions
    • What would you rather sell a john deer tractor or a Mercedes?
      Give me one word that described you as a child?
      What kind of animal would you be?
      What activities were you involved with in high school?
      What was your accomplishment in high school?
        Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Was contacted initially for a phone interview from a recruiter who was very cordial. She asked basic behavioral questions such as 'What are you passionate about'?. She asked basic questions about my resume as well.

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker.

Several phone calls, Personal interiew. Certiphi phone interview. Pretty straight forward, spoke with several current staff members to make sure it was a good fit from the start. Initially it was a good experience

No negotioating

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I was contacted originally through a recruiting agency and worked with a very pleasant recruiter. He scheduled an HR screening a couple days out, which the HR person missed, and rescheduled after the fact. The screening went well, and I moved on to a technical interview with the hiring manager and a few members of the team. The content of the phone technical interview was trivial, almost to a surprising degree. (What is a class? What is a virtual method? Lots of focus on OO architecture for an embedded job). After that, the hiring manager was pleased and had me do the infamous Gallup interview (which was rescheduled with 20 minutes notice). You can read a lot about them online, but basically it's a personality test that is an hour worth of rapid-fire seemingly nonsensical questions that help Stryker decide if you are a good fit. I apparently was not.

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions were often unexpected. The most "difficult" technical question involved describing the class hierarchy you would use to represent a standard set of 52 playing cards for use in a game.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Patient Handling Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

phone interview, face to face, gallup, skype interview.
    Stryker only wants a specific type of candidate, if you dont fit the profile you will not get the job. The face to face is very intense, question after question, need to be quick on your feet. Have to be very successful in previous sales job and must show how and why

Technical Writer/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

Interview for Stryker Neurovascular coordinated by out of state agency. Difficult 5-hr. interview with 5 different interviewers. Interviewers complained they were part of newly acquired division that wasn't being cohesively integrated, or very new to the job themselves (one had been there 4 days!), which was disturbing. After 11 days of no contact, the agent called to say their agency was "No longer approved (by Stryker)" without providing feedback, although I asked directly if I was still a candidate or not, then tried to send me on other interviews hundreds of miles away. Several of the interviewers were new to the US and difficult to understand speaking minimal English. I later determined from other 3rd parties that the placement agency charged too high a margin. No feedback on my qualifications was ever received.

Interview Questions
    • After agreeing with everyone that a Technical Writer/Business Analyst was difficult to find encompassing both backgrounds and experience, I was asked why I did not have adequate experience in either. It seemed like a paradoxical trick question.

The reporting manager asked how I would set up the review process for the five groups this function was to support.
        View Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

I submitted my resume through Stryker's careers website. I was contacted by the HR rep and scheduled a 30 minute phone screening. Afterward, I had another 30 minute phone screen with another engineer. Then, I scheduled and took the infamous Gallup test and "passed" that. I went for an onsite interview in which I saw numerous senior level managers/engineers, each on a one on one basis for 30 minutes each.

My only criticism of the experience is their poor post interview communication.

Interview Questions
    • Design a surgical tool that can tighten screws used to secure an acetabular shell during surgery.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Complicated once you get past the HR process. If successful there you will be asked to do the Gallup poll. Although I understand the reason for this, it is a difficult interview. Just be yourself and your natural talents will emerge.

Design Engineer Interview

Mostly personality based questions. close to 50-60 gallup based interview questions. all asking the same questions in different ways to see what you say or respond. Answer truthfully cause its a kind of personality that they are looking to hire. Go over all the basic Analog electronic theory (transistors, diodes, crystals, op-amps, voltage regulators, power supplies etc) and a little bit of logic gate theory. On the spot description of their current product will be required. Description of a problem and on the spot engineering solution will be asked of. Be well aware of what is on your resume. Don't BS.

Interview Questions
    • Personality related questions were tough. Always be confident and stay on top of the interviewer. They are looking at your confidence.   Answer Question