Stryker

354 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – I got an interview on my school campus a week after applying. The interview was 45 mins. The first half was just basic behavior questions and the second half is Gallup style questions. The interviewer was really polite but could be intimidating. They expected questions from you at the end of the interview. They couldn't hire me because of my visa status so they transferred my application to other Stryker locations

Interview Question – Nothing particular. Make sure you can explain your experience well   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2014.

Interview Details – Go through phone interview with PR and hiring manager which is like 20-25 minutes, then Gallup behavioural interview to gauage your leadership qualities. After which you are called for an onsite interview to check if you are indeed a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – nothing really out of the ordinary if you are prepared   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2014.

Interview Details – I did an on-campus interview, and the first half of the interview was just me answering Gallup questions. The rest of the interview was more personable, and my interviewer asked pretty generic questions. The interviewer said that I'd receive a response within a week, but this turned out to be three weeks, which was kind of annoying.

Interview Question – The Gallup questions are definitely the most difficult since they're so fast-paced, but the rest of the interview questions I received were very straight-forward.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Purchasing Analyst

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – Three step process. 1st step was a behavioral-related screen on campus. 2nd step was a phone interview/personality test through Gallup. Takes about 30-45 min and some Gallup personnel asks quick yes or no questions. Last step was a in house interview with managers/directors.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is not one question, but the fact that the culture is very well-maintained at Stryker. This makes it difficult to get in as everyone must pass the Gallup personality test.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in September 2010.

Interview Details – The first phase is a phone screening with an HR associate. They give a scaled-down version of the Gallup Screening questoins. This lasts approximately an hour. If you perform well, then you proceed to a full Gallup screening. This is a series of questions to determine your skills and qualities. Many times, you are asked a similar question in a different fashion or different circumstances.

From there I was brought in for 1-on-1 interviews with HR, the hIring manager, and that person's supervisor. I also met with a third person; another manager; from outside the department for their opinion.

I was then brought in for another 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager and the team I was to work with. This was more of a chemistry interview to determine if personalities would gel.

This process took approximately 5 week from first step until job offer.

Negotiation Details – Offer was made, I accepted. No negotiation was available

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview:
I could tell the person was just reading questions and then typing my answers into a computer for later use. It was not very engaging.

Interview Question – Name an instance in which you solved an engineering related problem and how you went about doing it. Straight forward enough but I guess I was just caught off guard from hearing key strokes in the background.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews and was invited into the office for a series of in-person interviews. Everyone I talked to was nice and professional. The overall process was well organized. I didn't expect in-person personality questions however. Some of the questions repeated with each interviewer. During phone interviews, try to get an understanding of what type of personality they are looking for before heading into the in-person in interviews.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 - 5, how would you rate your self in/on .......?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed before a position existed. This is common as they try to keep the pipeline full until they get headcount for new hire. Process took almost 6 months from start to finish. I had two additional interviews before the offer was extended.

Interview Question – Straight forward sales questions. Same as any sales interview.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Applied through school. On campus interview.

Interview Question – Describe something technical.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Middletown, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Interviewed initially with sales manager and area director simultaneously. Was asked a few questions about my sales style, approach and experience then they took turns for 30-40 minutes telling me why Stryker was better than the competition. Received a call 3 hours later to schedule a ride-along with sales rep.

"Ride-along" ended up being a 30 minute interview *to which they arrived 30 mins late* with the two aforementioned employees and the sales rep. They collectively did all the talking. Received a call later that day to tell me I was the person and I merely had to interview with the VP the following week.

VP interview went well. Took Gallup two weeks later. Gallup folks told me my results would be in the hands of my hiring manager with 48 hours and I should follow up with hiring manager. For some reason, however, my hiring manager told me 3 days later, a week later and two weeks later that my results had yet to arrive. At the one week point I didnt feel I was being dealt with honestly and continued my search elsewhere.

Interview Question – What has been the most challenging point of your career thus far?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker