Stryker

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.4

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in September 2014.

Process took ~3 weeks. I applied online through Stryker's website, and the process looked like this:
    1) Had an initial phone screening, which was maybe 15 minutes just to ask some basic questions about the resume as well as a few behavioral questions.
    2) Gallup phone interview, took about 30 minutes. All behavioral questions, and probably the toughest part of it all. Try to keep answers short unless asked to expand, with most of the answers being yes/no.
    3) Interviewed with the regional HR manager to discuss the position. This is where I fell off the map and was not offered a position. It seems like the position might be more "sales" than some might think, but that's just stipulation.

Overall the hiring manager from their San Jose location was very kind and helpful, it made the hiring process much easier and very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • "do you prefer to be on a successful team with acquaintances or a close team that is less successful"
      "are you a logical thinker or creative"

Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

The interview process started with a call from the recruiter. After passing the initial interview I was asked to take the Gallup test. After passing the Gallup I spoke to the hiring manager and another person in the department. I was then invited to fly out for the in person interview. While onsite I had 10 separate interviews that all went very well. I received great feedback from some of the individuals instantly. After the interview I didn't hear anything. After a week of waiting I reached out to the HR representative who told me that she would talk to the hiring manager and get back to me on timelines .. that was 9 days ago and I haven't heard anything. The lack of professionalism has changed how I feel about the company and my desire to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all your interviews today who was the most difficult interviewee and why?   Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

I know it is extensive, I had one phone screening and one personal interview and was not communicated with after that. I sent the person I interviewed with an email and he responded promptly by text.

Director of Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

It started with a phone call with HR. I was then informed that they wanted me to do a hour and a half Gallup phone leadership assessment. Once you pass that I was invited to meet with the team on-site and met with HR, several of the finance team members and the VP Finance. It took around two weeks to hear back from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of one. All pretty standard questions related to your background and giving examples of accomplishments and situational leadership.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Some of the interview questions they asked me were so off the wall stupid that it made me not want to work for them! They did ask some situational questions that pertained to the position. What motivates you? How do you feel about working a commissioned position? What career accomplishment are you most proud of?

Interview Questions
    • What would you rather sell a john deer tractor or a Mercedes?
      Give me one word that described you as a child?
      What kind of animal would you be?
      What activities were you involved with in high school?
      What was your accomplishment in high school?

Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Was contacted initially for a phone interview from a recruiter who was very cordial. She asked basic behavioral questions such as 'What are you passionate about'?. She asked basic questions about my resume as well.

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker.

Several phone calls, Personal interiew. Certiphi phone interview. Pretty straight forward, spoke with several current staff members to make sure it was a good fit from the start. Initially it was a good experience

No negotioating

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I was contacted originally through a recruiting agency and worked with a very pleasant recruiter. He scheduled an HR screening a couple days out, which the HR person missed, and rescheduled after the fact. The screening went well, and I moved on to a technical interview with the hiring manager and a few members of the team. The content of the phone technical interview was trivial, almost to a surprising degree. (What is a class? What is a virtual method? Lots of focus on OO architecture for an embedded job). After that, the hiring manager was pleased and had me do the infamous Gallup interview (which was rescheduled with 20 minutes notice). You can read a lot about them online, but basically it's a personality test that is an hour worth of rapid-fire seemingly nonsensical questions that help Stryker decide if you are a good fit. I apparently was not.

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions were often unexpected. The most "difficult" technical question involved describing the class hierarchy you would use to represent a standard set of 52 playing cards for use in a game.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Patient Handling Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

phone interview, face to face, gallup, skype interview.
    Stryker only wants a specific type of candidate, if you dont fit the profile you will not get the job. The face to face is very intense, question after question, need to be quick on your feet. Have to be very successful in previous sales job and must show how and why