Stryker

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Senior Manufacturing Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – I got referred to HR thru a friend of mine. The first step was a phone interview with HR. Then about a week after that I had to do an hour or less Gallup assessment. The assessment is used to determine if you will fit in their culture. I then got called for a F2F interview with directors and SR managers; I interviewed with 6 people, was an all day affair. Few days after that I was asked to come back and interview with people I would be working with, again to gauge your personality. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Question – The questions were a mixed of technical and behavioral questions so be prepared for both.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty easy for me to negotiate since I already had work experience.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – First round = behavioral. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Again, nothing too difficult. Just be prepared for any kind of behavioral question they might ask you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

Interview Details – The territory manager sent my resume to the hiring manager with whom I had a half an hour informal interview over dinner. Rode along with rep, but never heard back from manager.During the interview he gave every positive signal that I was the right fit for the job, but then I just never heard back from him, despite escalating work load for the associate-less rep and pressure from his end to the manager and multiple phone calls from me. Two months later HR called to interview me, but the HR person had a family emergency and had to reschedule. They never rescheduled. Another two months later I got a rejection email. All in all, it was one of the most unbelievable experiences of my professional life. I consider it to be the height of unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave the easy world of pharma for this?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Human Resources Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 17 people in one day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when... the most difficult is explaining this to a group of people who didn't understand job responsibilities so it wasn't as a streamlined answer to the question.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on their website and received an email one week later to schedule a phone interview. 1st interview is with a recruiter for about 10-15 minutes. They asked me basic questions about myself and my resume. (Why do you want to work for Stryker, Why do you want to leave your current job, etc.) 2nd interview was about 30-45 minutes with the hiring manager. Make sure you know your resume well, a lot of the questions will be about your experience. 3rd interview was a 60 minute phone interview with Gallup. Stryker uses this company to better determine your personality. Be sure to study your answers for the general questions for this and have at least 3-4 work examples that back up your answers. Questions are fired off nonstop and ask for many examples. 4th interview is with 4-5 of your potential coworkers ranging from HR individuals to the top manager in that division to see if you are a good fit. Stryker puts a lot of effort in finding the right candidate and cares a lot about your future!

Interview Question – Are you a pushy person? Have you ever had someone champion your cause? Give an example.   Answer Question

Medical Device Representative Interview

Medical Device Representative
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Stryker in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and told me to contact the DSM at a certain time the following day for a phone interview. I called the DSM, he didn't answer and I left a VM. DSM called me back and asked me why I would call him. Before I could state that the recruiter had told me to do so, he rudely interrupted and started the "phone interview". Through the entire process he rudely interrupted me every time I spoke, and had the audacity to ask me if my previous work experience was even in sales. I have numerous sales accolades and accomplishments. DSM was versed in disrespect.

Interview Question – "Was that even a sales position"?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Lack of professionalism through the interview process was extremely disappointing. I don't recommend this company. I was in contact with the head of HR and others in the division along the way, then all of a sudden they just didn't respond to my emails. If you're not interested in my candidacy, fine. Be an adult and politely tell me no. I'll live. Don't act like you're in the coolest fraternity on the planet. It must be the only way they talk their employees into working stupid hours 24/7. This company can kick rocks and kiss my hairy balls.

Interview Question – Nothing. Just the fact that I had to meet with people back to back for an entire day.   Answer Question

Stryker Trauma Sales Intern Interview

Stryker Trauma Sales Intern

Interview Details – Very delayed, Clearly your not there top priority

Interview Question – I don't see Rockstar when I talk to you   View Answer

Joint Preservation Associate Sales Representative Interview

Joint Preservation Associate Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process is pretty straightforward. I got in via employee referral but that did not ultimately earn me the position. My first step was a face to face interview with the hiring manager. My personal experience in this interview was a bit frustrating. The interviewee before me went over by about 10 minutes even though the manager told him then and there that he would not be moving forward. When it was time for my interview he seemed a bit aloof. He would ask me a question and then his eyes drifted towards the television screen behind me (we were in the lobby of a hotel). My guess is that he had already identified a candidate who he wanted to select prior to my interview and he was simply checking the box with our discussion. Our conversation ended abruptly and he went on to the next candidate.

Stryker interviews, usually start with a phone interview with a recruiter. Next is a face to face. Then a panel interview with the hiring manager, the rep under which you'd be working and possibly another manager. After that there's more face to face. Then a huge series of panel interviews in Kalamazoo.

Interview Question – What perplexes you? How much money in the bank would it take for you to leave your current position?

Tell me about your best relationship with a customer. Do you spend time together outside of work? Do you still keep in touch with them?
  Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – 1. Screened by a recruiter, 2. Spoke to Hiring Manager, 3. Gallup Interview - Behavioral Questions, 4. Interview by multiple people that you will be working with. Winning culture with all type A personalities.

Interview Question – Would you rather know a lot about a little or a little about a lot   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker