Stryker

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.4

Associate Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker.

I search this companies website, on my own, for an open position, and then reached out to my network for a contact, to assist me in passing my résumé along. Within 5 days I received an email from a recruiter to do a phone screening. The phone screening was great,I was then asked to officially apply for the position since I still had not done that; easy enough.

We immediately set up a face-to-face with the territory manager.

This is where things got interesting. We spent about 30 minutes where I was doing most of the talking (answering questions). Everything was going great, manager even commented that they liked my answers. (We all have done an interview and walked away knowing you would not be receiving an offer)

Finally I started to ask questions about the company, and specific to the role. On my second question I get an odd look back. It was as this point that I was informed that was not the job you are interviewing for. I now asked what it is we are here to interview about. Still an associate role, and even the manager commented that they did not see anything in the emails informing me what the role was (proving that having me officially apply for the open position was never even looked at). We still continued, and I did great with on the spot questions about this position.

Within a few hours of the interview I received the scripted response of we have decided to go with another candidate. Disappointing since I know I did great, even with the poor communication from the recruiter.

Stryker missed out on a passionate hire who sought them out, and showed the drive of a sales person to get in touch with the right people.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question
    commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in July 2014.

1st Step Interview:
    I received an email from a recruiter in California offering me a phone interview within the next few days. Ten minutes after our scheduled time I received a phone call, I blame time zones, from a kind woman in recruiting. Even though she works in HR she knew much about the position. The phone call lasted 12 minutes. It was full of short questions and short answers so they can get a feel for who you are. I'll write each step of the interview process separately as i get them.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

I reached out to the HR person in the Flower Mound location and got an immediate response wanting to set up an initial interview. This first interview was a typical "get to know you" interview. I was asked on the spot to go ahead with the second interview with Gallup company. These were personality questions. I was then called back about 2 weeks later saying they were moving on with other candidates.

Surgical Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I first had a phone interview with an HR rep at the MI headquarters. Then I had 2 in-person interviews, where one was with the Territory Manager and then the last one was with the Territory Manager and the Director of Sales.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   View Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I applied back in March and didn't hear back from anyone until June. Phone interview first was scheduled. Hoping to move on to the next step. I know the Gallop test follows the phone interview, which company uses to direct your career path in the future.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Mahwah, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker.

A few emails. One in house interview. Interviewer ask allot of questions and got allot of useful information from me. Never heard back from the company, not even a decline. Bad reflection of HR and entire recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions. Interview lasted over an hour.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

straight forward. High expectations of applicants They appear to want athletic over confident young energetic people. Must be cocky confident and borderline narcissistic to pass gallop poll test. Seems like a good place to work but high stress

Stryker Endoscopy Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Applied online. Heard back from recruiter for an on the phone interview. Put through to a f2f with sales rep, then ride along with sales rep, then f2f with regional manager. Been 2 weeks and haven't heard back from f2f with reg manager. Sent recruiter and reg manager follow up emails after one week of not hearing anything. Haven't been offered a job but I also haven't been told no so still just writing.

Interview Questions
    • Would you give strykers product to a surgeon who is missing another companies products when the stryker products are suppose to go to another doctor later that day?   View Answer