Stryker

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

BE PREPARED- research the company prior to any interview. Don't be afraid to ask for the job and tell them why they should hire you. STRYKER has plenty of people out there who want the opportunity so go out of your way to stand out and be memorable.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over the person we just met with who has O.R. sales experience?   View Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

I submitted my resume through Stryker's careers website. I was contacted by the HR rep and scheduled a 30 minute phone screening. Afterward, I had another 30 minute phone screen with another engineer. Then, I scheduled and took the infamous Gallup test and "passed" that. I went for an onsite interview in which I saw numerous senior level managers/engineers, each on a one on one basis for 30 minutes each.

My only criticism of the experience is their poor post interview communication.

Interview Questions
    • Design a surgical tool that can tighten screws used to secure an acetabular shell during surgery.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Complicated once you get past the HR process. If successful there you will be asked to do the Gallup poll. Although I understand the reason for this, it is a difficult interview. Just be yourself and your natural talents will emerge.

Design Engineer Interview

Mostly personality based questions. close to 50-60 gallup based interview questions. all asking the same questions in different ways to see what you say or respond. Answer truthfully cause its a kind of personality that they are looking to hire. Go over all the basic Analog electronic theory (transistors, diodes, crystals, op-amps, voltage regulators, power supplies etc) and a little bit of logic gate theory. On the spot description of their current product will be required. Description of a problem and on the spot engineering solution will be asked of. Be well aware of what is on your resume. Don't BS.

Interview Questions
    • Personality related questions were tough. Always be confident and stay on top of the interviewer. They are looking at your confidence.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker.

I search this companies website, on my own, for an open position, and then reached out to my network for a contact, to assist me in passing my résumé along. Within 5 days I received an email from a recruiter to do a phone screening. The phone screening was great,I was then asked to officially apply for the position since I still had not done that; easy enough.

We immediately set up a face-to-face with the territory manager.

This is where things got interesting. We spent about 30 minutes where I was doing most of the talking (answering questions). Everything was going great, manager even commented that they liked my answers. (We all have done an interview and walked away knowing you would not be receiving an offer)

Finally I started to ask questions about the company, and specific to the role. On my second question I get an odd look back. It was as this point that I was informed that was not the job you are interviewing for. I now asked what it is we are here to interview about. Still an associate role, and even the manager commented that they did not see anything in the emails informing me what the role was (proving that having me officially apply for the open position was never even looked at). We still continued, and I did great with on the spot questions about this position.

Within a few hours of the interview I received the scripted response of we have decided to go with another candidate. Disappointing since I know I did great, even with the poor communication from the recruiter.

Stryker missed out on a passionate hire who sought them out, and showed the drive of a sales person to get in touch with the right people.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question
    commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in July 2014.

1st Step Interview:
    I received an email from a recruiter in California offering me a phone interview within the next few days. Ten minutes after our scheduled time I received a phone call, I blame time zones, from a kind woman in recruiting. Even though she works in HR she knew much about the position. The phone call lasted 12 minutes. It was full of short questions and short answers so they can get a feel for who you are. I'll write each step of the interview process separately as i get them.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

I reached out to the HR person in the Flower Mound location and got an immediate response wanting to set up an initial interview. This first interview was a typical "get to know you" interview. I was asked on the spot to go ahead with the second interview with Gallup company. These were personality questions. I was then called back about 2 weeks later saying they were moving on with other candidates.

Surgical Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I first had a phone interview with an HR rep at the MI headquarters. Then I had 2 in-person interviews, where one was with the Territory Manager and then the last one was with the Territory Manager and the Director of Sales.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   View Answer