Stryker

Relevance Date Difficulty

R & D Project Manager - Medical Beds Interview

R & D Project Manager - Medical Beds
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Interview Details – It started with speaking to the HR representative on the phone, which was wonderful. The next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager, which also went excellent. The next was a Gallup phone screen which I passed with flying colors. The next step was a four hour (face to face) with 8 different individuals in the project management/engineering PMO group. I thought the interview went well but I never ever heard directly from Stryker ever again. I had been dealing with Styker HR directly which was referred by a headhunter but after my interview they decided to tell the headhunter (and not me, which is very unprofessional) that I lacked in depth knowledge and could not motivate people....which is completely false. As it turns out, I researched the credentials and experience with everyone I interviewed with and my credentials and experience are equal or better than everyone I interview with. Even though the hiring manager wanted to hire me immediately, I was seen as a threat to others in the group and was summarily never contacted again. Based on the excuses given to the headhunter for not hiring me and the fact I was never contacted personally after 3 rounds of interviews I concluded that the organization is political, unprofessional and unethical and would not recommend it to others.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you used "active listening skills" to improve a situation?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Question – Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Gallup, onsite interview

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2014.

Interview Details – Go through phone interview with PR and hiring manager which is like 20-25 minutes, then Gallup behavioural interview to gauage your leadership qualities. After which you are called for an onsite interview to check if you are indeed a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – nothing really out of the ordinary if you are prepared   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

Interview Details – The territory manager sent my resume to the hiring manager with whom I had a half an hour informal interview over dinner. Rode along with rep, but never heard back from manager.During the interview he gave every positive signal that I was the right fit for the job, but then I just never heard back from him, despite escalating work load for the associate-less rep and pressure from his end to the manager and multiple phone calls from me. Two months later HR called to interview me, but the HR person had a family emergency and had to reschedule. They never rescheduled. Another two months later I got a rejection email. All in all, it was one of the most unbelievable experiences of my professional life. I consider it to be the height of unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave the easy world of pharma for this?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in October 2010.

Interview Details – Intial gallup screening. This is the most important part of the interview as it is a profiling interview. Once this is cleared you move on to direct interviews which are usually a day long with 8 - 10 people. Even in this people look for your strengths more than technical details

Interview Question – All gallup qquestions are unexpected   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Face to face interview, followed by Gallup phone interview. Comprehensive, 85 question situational screening, followed by half-day visit to headquarters

Interview Question – Do you like to work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Still pending

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in April 2009.

Interview Details – I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including a presentation before being turned down for an internship. I suppose their hiring process works well for them, but it was discouraging.

Interview Question – LOTS of example questions - like "tell me about a time when people disagreed with you and what you did about it" - they love sports stories, by the way.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in June 2010.

Interview Details – Stryker acquires engineers through two methods. First of which through the internship program, second is through contracting firms. Either way you are being evaluated from day one, as we are a part of a regulated industry. The work is hard but very fulfilling.

Interview Question – The technical knowledge test. It consists of a schematic and 5 minutes to review it before walking the procter through the circuit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short and polite

R&D Manager Interview

R&D Manager
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process involves many stages, each one with the ability to knock you out if you do not fit perfectly into the Stryker methodology. The first phone interview is conducted by a third party personality assessment company. Then you move on to additional screening with HR before interviewing with the hiring manager. It can be a difficult process to follow and probably does not present Stryker with the strongest candidates but effectively narrows down the field for the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to manage a bunch of whiny, complaining and unhappy engineers?   Answer Question

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!