Stryker Interview Questions in Kalamazoo, MI

3.4

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Questions
    • Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Phone interview, Hiring manager interview, Gallup, onsite interview

Did not negotiate

R & D Project Manager - Medical Beds Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

It started with speaking to the HR representative on the phone, which was wonderful. The next step was a phone screen with the hiring manager, which also went excellent. The next was a Gallup phone screen which I passed with flying colors. The next step was a four hour (face to face) with 8 different individuals in the project management/engineering PMO group. I thought the interview went well but I never ever heard directly from Stryker ever again. I had been dealing with Styker HR directly which was referred by a headhunter but after my interview they decided to tell the headhunter (and not me, which is very unprofessional) that I lacked in depth knowledge and could not motivate people....which is completely false. As it turns out, I researched the credentials and experience with everyone I interviewed with and my credentials and experience are equal or better than everyone I interview with. Even though the hiring manager wanted to hire me immediately, I was seen as a threat to others in the group and was summarily never contacted again. Based on the excuses given to the headhunter for not hiring me and the fact I was never contacted personally after 3 rounds of interviews I concluded that the organization is political, unprofessional and unethical and would not recommend it to others.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used "active listening skills" to improve a situation?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in February 2014.

Go through phone interview with PR and hiring manager which is like 20-25 minutes, then Gallup behavioural interview to gauage your leadership qualities. After which you are called for an onsite interview to check if you are indeed a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really out of the ordinary if you are prepared   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Face to face interview, followed by Gallup phone interview. Comprehensive, 85 question situational screening, followed by half-day visit to headquarters

Still pending

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

The territory manager sent my resume to the hiring manager with whom I had a half an hour informal interview over dinner. Rode along with rep, but never heard back from manager.During the interview he gave every positive signal that I was the right fit for the job, but then I just never heard back from him, despite escalating work load for the associate-less rep and pressure from his end to the manager and multiple phone calls from me. Two months later HR called to interview me, but the HR person had a family emergency and had to reschedule. They never rescheduled. Another two months later I got a rejection email. All in all, it was one of the most unbelievable experiences of my professional life. I consider it to be the height of unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave the easy world of pharma for this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2013.

Applied - was easy to follow and the online apply process was simple
    Phone Screen - very cordial and professional
    Gallup Interview - intense
    Onsite Interview - cordial and professional
    Offer - what I expected
    Hired - glad to be here!

Interview Questions
    Very easy to negotiate as the recruiter already knew what I was looking for in a comp and long term incentive plan.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

The hiring process consisted two phone interview followed by a video interview. I was asked series of question on my background and technical questions. Since, this is a contract position, hiring process was pretty straight forward and organised.

Interview Questions
    • None. Be prepared to answer some basic questions on transistors, OPAMP and digital circuits.   Answer Question
    Yes.I was offered a $$$$$. I countered with another offer and they accepted.