Stryker Interview Questions in Mahwah, NJ

Updated Oct 6, 2014

3.3

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker.

Pass the Gallup, you can download a copy of the questions on Scribd.com - they were almost exactly the same questions. Answer them honestly, but having them beforehand helps you self-reflect.
    Everyone was really nice and professional. Once you get past the Gallup they are surprisingly lax on the interviews, not as much grilling as I've had in my career.

This position is not a Product Marketing position - it's a glorified sales support position. Be sure to ask lots of questions about basic marketing functions like determining and implementing strategies, decision making processes on new product launches, etc - you will uncover that "product manager" at Stryker means "field sales support." Be sure you ask a lot of questions and get to the bottom of what the position entails - I probed a lot and found this isn't a marketing or product management position at all despite what the job description says!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Gallup questions weren't really hard, but just have lots of examples of behaviors. Actual interviews are quite easy - know the products and industry and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

I submitted my resume through Stryker's careers website. I was contacted by the HR rep and scheduled a 30 minute phone screening. Afterward, I had another 30 minute phone screen with another engineer. Then, I scheduled and took the infamous Gallup test and "passed" that. I went for an onsite interview in which I saw numerous senior level managers/engineers, each on a one on one basis for 30 minutes each.

My only criticism of the experience is their poor post interview communication.

Interview Questions
    • Design a surgical tool that can tighten screws used to secure an acetabular shell during surgery.   Answer Question

Associate Program Manager, Conference Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Intense, but well executed process:
    First interview-phone-with recruiter (20 min)
    Second interview-in person-with hiring manager plus 4 team managers (4 hours)
    Third interview-phone-Gallup interview done by 3rd party (1 hour)
    Fourth interview-in person-with hiring manager plus 2 different team managers (2 hours)

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you demonstrated common sense.   Answer Question
    • Do you love to win or hate to lose?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you demonstrated generosity to someone last week?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you are able to persuade people to agree with your point of view   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Company relies heavily upon the Gallup phone interview and screening process. The Gallup phone interview can take up to 2 hours and inquires about specific situations whether it be from your personal or professional life and how you handled/overcame each one. There is no right or wrong answer but based on your feedback they are able to assess whether you will be a good fit for the organization. The advice provided to me by the hiring manager for each of my examples was to say that I 'always' went above and beyond, 'always' stayed late, 'always' took on new projects, 'always' a team player...

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time in your personal/professional life where you had to overcome adversity and how has that made you a stronger individual?   Answer Question
    Once an offer was extended I only dealt with Human Resources (Talent Acquisition) from that point on and negotiated my salary and sign-on bonus with them.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2014.

I had interned at Stryker and applied to a few full-time positions prior to my graduation date. I got an email within a week or two from HR asking when to schedule a phone interview for a particular position, and I responded promptly with dates and times. After this, I never received a response. I politely followed up twice over the course of two weeks, until I finally got a rejection letter with never having interviewed. It was very strange and unprofessional. I can actually see that now, two months later, the position has not been filled, so I am assuming someone at Stryker did not want me to work there based on my internship. This is fine, but it is still not right that HR would contact me in the first place, then never gave me the time of day.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker.

Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone Screen with Manager, Gallup Interview, Onsite interviews

Interview Questions
    I negotiated, they gave me what I wanted.

Continuous Improvement Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

First step was a phone screen with the Business Unit recruitment HR Manager. Upon completion of this, I was scheduled to talk with the hiring manager. After a good interview here, I performed the Gallup interview. The final was four separate one hour interviews with the VP, Director, and Manager of CI for the position. The final was with the HR development person for that role. This entire process from start to finish was about two months. I have not heard back as far as being considered for the position after a month from the on-site.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker in July 2013.

Applied through Styker website and got a call a few days later. I was surprised how fast they contacted me. Set up time with HR and had an initial conversation and she told me she would pass my resume to the hiring manager. I spoke with a hiring manager and was contacted a few days later about coming in for an in house interview. I had heard usually they have candidates take the Gallup test prior, but it was not the case here. Went in spoke with the team of 4 people, nothing major, very straight forward. They are looking for a right fit and they will let you know that right away. After the interview HR had mentioned they would have me take the Gallup. After a week of no answers from follow up emails and phone calls I took it as they did not want to continue. In my opinion very unprofessional way of going about answering inquires about how the interview process is coming along. If you are willing to bring in people to meet with the team at least tell that candidate where they stand, do not ignore them.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to be at Stryker?
      why do you want to leave your current position?
      what makes you a good fit for stryker ?

Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

Applied online and got an email for a phone interview request with in the same day. Recruiter asked some general questions and didn't get into too detail about work. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. No follow up after that. So I guess I wasn't the one.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in April 2013.

The interview/hiring process took about two months. Everyone was helpful and willing to answer my questions. I also did my homework but looking at these forums for information about the gallups interview.

Interview Questions
    • They repeated a lot of the questions. They are just trying to make sure that you are consistent. So, don't doubt yourself and be consistent.   Answer Question