Stryker

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had interned at Stryker and applied to a few full-time positions prior to my graduation date. I got an email within a week or two from HR asking when to schedule a phone interview for a particular position, and I responded promptly with dates and times. After this, I never received a response. I politely followed up twice over the course of two weeks, until I finally got a rejection letter with never having interviewed. It was very strange and unprofessional. I can actually see that now, two months later, the position has not been filled, so I am assuming someone at Stryker did not want me to work there based on my internship. This is fine, but it is still not right that HR would contact me in the first place, then never gave me the time of day.

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Program Manager, Conference Management Interview

Associate Program Manager, Conference Management
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Interview Details – Intense, but well executed process:
First interview-phone-with recruiter (20 min)
Second interview-in person-with hiring manager plus 4 team managers (4 hours)
Third interview-phone-Gallup interview done by 3rd party (1 hour)
Fourth interview-in person-with hiring manager plus 2 different team managers (2 hours)

Interview Questions

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Company relies heavily upon the Gallup phone interview and screening process. The Gallup phone interview can take up to 2 hours and inquires about specific situations whether it be from your personal or professional life and how you handled/overcame each one. There is no right or wrong answer but based on your feedback they are able to assess whether you will be a good fit for the organization. The advice provided to me by the hiring manager for each of my examples was to say that I 'always' went above and beyond, 'always' stayed late, 'always' took on new projects, 'always' a team player...

Interview Question – Please tell me a time in your personal/professional life where you had to overcome adversity and how has that made you a stronger individual?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once an offer was extended I only dealt with Human Resources (Talent Acquisition) from that point on and negotiated my salary and sign-on bonus with them.

Finance Interview

Finance
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in September 2010.

Interview Details – The first phase is a phone screening with an HR associate. They give a scaled-down version of the Gallup Screening questoins. This lasts approximately an hour. If you perform well, then you proceed to a full Gallup screening. This is a series of questions to determine your skills and qualities. Many times, you are asked a similar question in a different fashion or different circumstances.

From there I was brought in for 1-on-1 interviews with HR, the hIring manager, and that person's supervisor. I also met with a third person; another manager; from outside the department for their opinion.

I was then brought in for another 1-on-1 interview with the hiring manager and the team I was to work with. This was more of a chemistry interview to determine if personalities would gel.

This process took approximately 5 week from first step until job offer.

Negotiation Details – Offer was made, I accepted. No negotiation was available

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Stryker in May 2009.

Interview Details – Was hired by agency as contractor.

Interview Question – None, normal interview questions   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Operations Engineer Interview

Continuous Improvement Operations Engineer
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen with the Business Unit recruitment HR Manager. Upon completion of this, I was scheduled to talk with the hiring manager. After a good interview here, I performed the Gallup interview. The final was four separate one hour interviews with the VP, Director, and Manager of CI for the position. The final was with the HR development person for that role. This entire process from start to finish was about two months. I have not heard back as far as being considered for the position after a month from the on-site.

Interview Question – What do you enjoy most about this position?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Phone screen with Recruiter, Phone Screen with Manager, Gallup Interview, Onsite interviews

Interview Question – Do you ever feel like you have done enough?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated, they gave me what I wanted.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Mahwah, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through Styker website and got a call a few days later. I was surprised how fast they contacted me. Set up time with HR and had an initial conversation and she told me she would pass my resume to the hiring manager. I spoke with a hiring manager and was contacted a few days later about coming in for an in house interview. I had heard usually they have candidates take the Gallup test prior, but it was not the case here. Went in spoke with the team of 4 people, nothing major, very straight forward. They are looking for a right fit and they will let you know that right away. After the interview HR had mentioned they would have me take the Gallup. After a week of no answers from follow up emails and phone calls I took it as they did not want to continue. In my opinion very unprofessional way of going about answering inquires about how the interview process is coming along. If you are willing to bring in people to meet with the team at least tell that candidate where they stand, do not ignore them.

Interview Question – why do you want to be at Stryker?
why do you want to leave your current position?
what makes you a good fit for stryker ?
  Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email for a phone interview request with in the same day. Recruiter asked some general questions and didn't get into too detail about work. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. No follow up after that. So I guess I wasn't the one.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just general question.   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Training Coordinator
Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke to the recruiter many times - Had great phone interview and email communication. Was asked to visit for an on-site interview with the hiring managers, that went extremely well. I was then instructed to take the Gallup exam as soon as possible. The Gallup company did not call at scheduled time so, I needed to call them to start the interview process. This too, went very well as explained by the Gallup interviewer. After that, I never received and update or even a decline email response from the recruiter upon several attempts on my part, which is extremely unprofessional representation, for an organization admired within the Fortune 500.

Interview Question – None were difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!