Stryker

Updated Oct 2, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

1. Tell me something about yourself?
    Then I talked about myself for a little bit.
2. What do your think it is your strength?
3. Tell me something you know about Stryker and why do you want to join us?
    After that, I ask the interviewer how he get into Stryker and how did he like Stryker. He told me that he was actually a mechanical engineer, and after he get into Stryker, he worked on a position on quality assurance. He also told me that there's a lot of training in Stryker and a lot of corporation and interpersonal communication.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something you know about stryker and why do you want to join us?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

I initially applied through CareerBuilder.com and immediately had to fill out a personality questionnaire before the application can be officially processed. The HR contacted me soon after about a manufacturing engineering position, asked me a few questions about my work experience and some situational questions. Following the HR phone interview I was told that I would have to pass a Gallup assessment phone interview scheduled a week later. The questions were simple to answer, all situational. Ex. are you an aggressive personality? How do you define a person with common sense? I passed the test and a few days after was invited for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of short 30 min interviews with a broad range of managers and engineers, I had a total of 11 people with whom I interviewed. The interview itself was very nice, informative and gave Stryker a great working place sense. Lots of advancement within the company is offered and the people seem great. By the way, the average age of the employees is upper 20's lower 30's. The job is very interesting, challenging and rewarding. Lots of helpful and nice people work here, it seems. Work culture seems very team oriented, from first glance, although I did read other reviews that state the opposite. Seems like a great place to work, but relocation, cost of living and the pay itself are factors that should be considered.

Interview Questions

Still deciding between offers of Stryker and other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in December 2009.

I had a initial telephonic interview with the HR person. It lasted for around 40 minutes. All were behavioral questions with many of them requiring an example to substantiate your view.
    Some of the questions were like
    How competitive are you (Scale 1 to 10)
    Do you think you should be liked at work?
    What does 'team' mean to you?
    What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you maintained focus in spite of several distractions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in October 2009.

Applied online and was provided with an online Gallup evaluation/personality test after entering my education, field of study, and other information. I received an email the next day from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview, which was similar to the online Gallup evaluation (i.e. lengthy and redundant). I was contacted again by the same recruiter to set up a time to talk to a Gallup representative. The Gallup interview was also very lengthy and vague. I was then contacted by another recruiter from another division.
    Advice to the recruiters: don't waste job seekers' time on the phone and have them go through several Gallup tests (which are very redundant) and rather have them come to the office for an in-person interview after the initial phone interview, especially if they are local!

Interview Questions
    • How do you define common sense?   Answer Question
    • How do you define success?   View Answer
    • 3a-Do you go with the flow or stick to the plan? 3b-Do you like to be a team leader or a team member?   View Answer
    • On a scale of 1-5, how honest are you?   View Answer
    • 5a-How important is it that your co-workers like you? 5b-Do you ever get angry? 5c-Can your co-workers tell that you are mad at them?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The initial process was long. Started with several phone interview with the recruiter. The response time from each email sometimes takes as long as a month. If you are selected for further screening, you will be contacted by a 3rd party company called gallup to see if your traits fits what they are looking for. An onsite 5 hr interview comes next if you are selected and you will be interviewed by several managers and engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Several situational questions on how you would handle a situation and the process.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stryker in April 2010.

Did phone interview. Recruiter was focused on whether I would take their low offer which was below my lowest range. This was before specific discussions on job

Interview Questions
    • What is lowest you will take for your pay   View Answer