Stryker

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portage, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Question – What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   View Answer

Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied back in March and didn't hear back from anyone until June. Phone interview first was scheduled. Hoping to move on to the next step. I know the Gallop test follows the phone interview, which company uses to direct your career path in the future.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself within our company?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – It was an extremely long and tedious process. It was 4 rounds including a two-day onsite interview. The company profile is fairly cult-like and everyone posts their Gallup scores on their cubicles. Overall it was an interesting experience but glad I did not take the offer.

Interview Question – What is a common misconception about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Phone Screening, Gallup, then on-site interview

Interview Question – Some of the gallup questions   View Answer

Marketing Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Overall this was a great process! I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter I met on campus. After the phone interview I took the Gallup test. After the Gallup test I was asked to come on-site and interview. The onsite interview was very intense. I had 10 interviews back to back. Overall it was a great experience and now I feel like an expert interviewer. I am still waiting to hear back from them to see if I will receive and offer.

Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed at Stryker in November 2012.

Interview Details – It started with a 30 min phone interview.
The next stage was the 60 minute Gallup
The next stage was an in person interview. The day started with a 15 minute presentation about yourself. This is your opportunity to sell yourself and show what your passions are about. They want to know you not why you're fit for the job. Then you meet with the 7 people who watched your presentation and they ask you questions. Have good knowledge of the products and have questions to ask them back.

Interview Question – How many products do we have?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online originally but was denied. Had a friend who worked there submit resume and then was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple and went over my resume and past experiences. After this was told by HR that I would be contacted my a manager to have another phone interview. A week went by and never heard from said manager so I emailed HR person. Said Gallup test wast actually next. Seven days later sent me a link to set up my own Gallup time.

I wont go into detail about Gallup since a lot is written about this here. Just don't sell yourself shot, channel the inner type-A person while remaining true to yourself.

A few days after taking the Gallup I was contacted by my HR person and informed that I fit into the personality type for marketing associate and a materials roles (entry level positions are business planner and purchasing analyst). Both of these roles are in the operations department. She informed me they would like to bring me in to interview for all these roles. After this it took another week to get contacted by someone from the "candidate care specialist team" to set up an interview date.

The day before the onsite interview I was sent a schedule of my interview for the day. It involved eight 30 minute interviews with people from both marketing and operations departments, ranging from low level managers to executive directors. Spent the day looking up these people on Linkedin to get some basic info on them.

Day of interview I arrived at Stryker and checked in at lobby. They made me feel very welcome by putting my name on a TV panel in the waiting area. Girl from HR met me and explained the day and took me to my first interview. Interviews are very quick, 30 minute flies by when you need to go over a resume, build rapport, ask questions and be walked to your next one. Often people were not in there office for my interview so the person I talked to last was on the hook for finding them or they just sent me back to the HR department to wait.

After 4 interviews I had lunch with 2 recent graduates working in similar roles I was interviewing for. This was more laid back, but I found it hard to relax completely with the rapid pace of the whole day. 3 more interviews after lunch, then a phone interview with someone from HR who was offsite.

Three days later I was called back by my initial HR contact and said they could not extend me an offer because I did not give enough concrete examples in building a cross functional relationships to be considered.

Overall I had a positive experience interviewing even though I was not offered a job. The process was slow at times, which I can understand being a large corporation. Everyone as friendly along the way.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about the best team you ever worked with?
2. What sets you apart from other candidates we are going to interview?
  Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – The interview process was intense, but it makes sense why the company is incredible successful and an industry leader. Be prepared to meet with several people and have your resume / background torn apart for accuracy.

Interview Question – What would your friends or those closest to you say that you are not good at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be sure to look up the people you will interview with on LinkedIn if they give you a list. Know their backgrounds.

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

Interview Details – I met Stryker at a career fair on my campus. The next day they called me and wanted to do an in-person interview. They only had one time slot open that would not work with my schedule so they said that someone would call me later about a phone interview.

I had a phone interview with HR for about 30 minutes. She told me that she would contact hiring managers and see if there would be a place for me in the company.

About 2 weeks from the initial career fair I get an email back from HR saying that they want to move me on in the process to the Gallup interview. The Gallup interview was about 45 minutes long from an outside company that judges your answers to determine if your personality would be a fit for the company. The entire interview you can hear your interviewer typing away.

I got a call back from HR later that week saying that I didn't pass the Gallup interview.

Interview Question – Are you aggressive? -From the Gallup interview   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Stryker in March 2010.

Interview Details – The first step in the process was a 10 minute presentation about "yourself" to the senior managers at the office, followed by the phone interview and then a secondary phone interview by an outside independent company used to test potential employee personality and values.

Interview Question – Would you be excited to be working 12 hour days to begin your career with our company?   Answer Question

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!