Stryker Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are three stages of the interview. The first is a phone interview just to get to know you better, the second is done through an outside company called Gallup. I highly recommend looking up some of the questions beforehand because of how odd they are. The final interview was in person where you meet 7-8 employees who will ask you typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 3 steps -> Phone interview -> In Person Interview -> Gallup Personality Test over the phone. If you interview well then they will proceed to have an HR rep call you to go through the Gallup test. It is a 30 minute phone conversation asking intricate questions on how you would handle situations, many were ethical questions and questions on your personality. If they ask a question that could have a yes or no answer, only answer with yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, I participated in a phone screening by a Stryker recruiter. The recruiter notified me that they liked what I had to say, so she referred me to the Gallup phone screening. Later that week, I participated in the phone screening with an individual from Gallup. A few days later, I was notified by my recruiter that I passed the screening. I proceeded to a phone interview with the hiring manager a few weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Very intense. Worked with a recruiter, which allowed the process to move a little more quickly, but the process from beginning to end was 3 months. Two phone interviews, a Gallup screening test, and then was invited for the onsite interview. The onsite interview was for a division which required a 1-hour presentation in response to prompts they provided. The Stryker team was incredibly intelligent and talented, but did not always make me feel very welcome throughout the interview. The people sitting in on the presentation did not offer very much positive feedback or ask many questions. After the presentation there was a lunch interview followed by 6 30 minute one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are your Top Strengths? When is a time you disagreed with a supervisor and what did you do about it? Why Stryker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I first applied to the job opening by sending my cover letter and resumer to a recruiter. From there, the recruiter emailed, asked me to apply to the job online through Stryker's website. Additionally, I was asked to give a list of times that would work for around a 30 minute phone interview that was more just to get to know me and not so much a technical interview. All of this held true, and the phone interview was very laid back and actually pleasant. From there if they like you, they send you a follow up email to be send up with the Gallup phone interview, which you schedule whenever you like. The Gallup interview is manageable if you prepare and practice for it. From there, they bring you on site for about 4/4.5 hours and are asked to presentation on yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a results-oriented team and a teamwork oriented team?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is long, but now I've learned that Stryker just wants to find you the right fit. Though it took a while, and a meeting with multiple teams, my recruiter cared enough to help find me the right place to be! My biggest hint would be not to get scared by reviews of the Gallup online. Just answer for who you are, in fact I thought it was fun! And I learned if my Gallup didn't match up to what they wanted, it didn't mean I failed, just that I wouldn't like working at Stryker.

Interview Questions

• The Gallup is probably considered the toughest part, but I don't agree. Just be you, then focus on coming on-site because that's where you want to make sure you don't let up. Also, do some research on the group you are interviewing with, as well as what product they make or what they do. Lastly, Bring Your Resume...I looked a little silly the first time through, as I assumed they already had it.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stryker.

Interview

The interview process started with a call from the recruiter. After passing the initial interview I was asked to take the Gallup test. After passing the Gallup I spoke to the hiring manager and another person in the department. I was then invited to fly out for the in person interview. While onsite I had 10 separate interviews that all went very well. I received great feedback from some of the individuals instantly. After the interview I didn't hear anything. After a week of waiting I reached out to the HR representative who told me that she would talk to the hiring manager and get back to me on timelines .. that was 9 days ago and I haven't heard anything. The lack of professionalism has changed how I feel about the company and my desire to work here.

Interview Questions

• Out of all your interviews today who was the most difficult interviewee and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Stryker (Kalamazoo, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions

• You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stryker (Portage, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

Interview

I applied back in March and didn't hear back from anyone until June. Phone interview first was scheduled. Hoping to move on to the next step. I know the Gallop test follows the phone interview, which company uses to direct your career path in the future.