Stryker

Updated Sep 20, 2014

3.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The hiring and interview process is long, but now I've learned that Stryker just wants to find you the right fit. Though it took a while, and a meeting with multiple teams, my recruiter cared enough to help find me the right place to be! My biggest hint would be not to get scared by reviews of the Gallup online. Just answer for who you are, in fact I thought it was fun! And I learned if my Gallup didn't match up to what they wanted, it didn't mean I failed, just that I wouldn't like working at Stryker.

Interview Questions
  • The Gallup is probably considered the toughest part, but I don't agree. Just be you, then focus on coming on-site because that's where you want to make sure you don't let up. Also, do some research on the group you are interviewing with, as well as what product they make or what they do. Lastly, Bring Your Resume...I looked a little silly the first time through, as I assumed they already had it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

The interview process started with a call from the recruiter. After passing the initial interview I was asked to take the Gallup test. After passing the Gallup I spoke to the hiring manager and another person in the department. I was then invited to fly out for the in person interview. While onsite I had 10 separate interviews that all went very well. I received great feedback from some of the individuals instantly. After the interview I didn't hear anything. After a week of waiting I reached out to the HR representative who told me that she would talk to the hiring manager and get back to me on timelines .. that was 9 days ago and I haven't heard anything. The lack of professionalism has changed how I feel about the company and my desire to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all your interviews today who was the most difficult interviewee and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

I began the interview process by speaking with a recruiter over the phone. He emphasized the importance of interviewing with a business group that I was passionate about working with. I was then asked to participate in the Gallup interview, which was roughly a hour on the phone and all personality/ motivation based questions. I then waited 3 weeks without hearing back from the company, assuming that I was out of the running for the position. However, I recently was invited to the company for an all day interview with several different people. I was told I needed to give a 20 min power point presentation about myself, including an analysis of some marketing scenarios. Overall, the experience and everyone I have interacted with have been very nice. Just keep in mind that the process is slow, patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • You are in charge of marketing for a candy bar that has been successful in England but is now being launched in the US. What are you major considerations?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I applied back in March and didn't hear back from anyone until June. Phone interview first was scheduled. Hoping to move on to the next step. I know the Gallop test follows the phone interview, which company uses to direct your career path in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in June 2014.

I was contacted by email that Stryker wanted to set up a phone interview with me. It was very rushed which I did not expect. Overall not a tough interview. Basic questions regarding my resume. I was then contacted a week later informing me that I was moving on with the interview process and the recruiter and I agreed on a time and date for my in-person interview. About 30 minutes before the interview that day I received an email telling me that they needed to reschedule my phone interview and if the following day worked. I was VERY confused and emailed them back and reminded the recruiter that our interview was supposed to be in person. The recruiter then emailed me back and agreed, rescheduling our in person for the following week. Still haven't heard whether or not I am moving on in the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest accomplishment you have made since you have graduated?   View Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

It was an extremely long and tedious process. It was 4 rounds including a two-day onsite interview. The company profile is fairly cult-like and everyone posts their Gallup scores on their cubicles. Overall it was an interesting experience but glad I did not take the offer.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Phone Screening, Gallup, then on-site interview

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Overall this was a great process! I initially had a phone interview with a recruiter I met on campus. After the phone interview I took the Gallup test. After the Gallup test I was asked to come on-site and interview. The onsite interview was very intense. I had 10 interviews back to back. Overall it was a great experience and now I feel like an expert interviewer. I am still waiting to hear back from them to see if I will receive and offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Applied online originally but was denied. Had a friend who worked there submit resume and then was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple and went over my resume and past experiences. After this was told by HR that I would be contacted my a manager to have another phone interview. A week went by and never heard from said manager so I emailed HR person. Said Gallup test wast actually next. Seven days later sent me a link to set up my own Gallup time.

I wont go into detail about Gallup since a lot is written about this here. Just don't sell yourself shot, channel the inner type-A person while remaining true to yourself.

A few days after taking the Gallup I was contacted by my HR person and informed that I fit into the personality type for marketing associate and a materials roles (entry level positions are business planner and purchasing analyst). Both of these roles are in the operations department. She informed me they would like to bring me in to interview for all these roles. After this it took another week to get contacted by someone from the "candidate care specialist team" to set up an interview date.

The day before the onsite interview I was sent a schedule of my interview for the day. It involved eight 30 minute interviews with people from both marketing and operations departments, ranging from low level managers to executive directors. Spent the day looking up these people on Linkedin to get some basic info on them.

Day of interview I arrived at Stryker and checked in at lobby. They made me feel very welcome by putting my name on a TV panel in the waiting area. Girl from HR met me and explained the day and took me to my first interview. Interviews are very quick, 30 minute flies by when you need to go over a resume, build rapport, ask questions and be walked to your next one. Often people were not in there office for my interview so the person I talked to last was on the hook for finding them or they just sent me back to the HR department to wait.

After 4 interviews I had lunch with 2 recent graduates working in similar roles I was interviewing for. This was more laid back, but I found it hard to relax completely with the rapid pace of the whole day. 3 more interviews after lunch, then a phone interview with someone from HR who was offsite.

Three days later I was called back by my initial HR contact and said they could not extend me an offer because I did not give enough concrete examples in building a cross functional relationships to be considered.

Overall I had a positive experience interviewing even though I was not offered a job. The process was slow at times, which I can understand being a large corporation. Everyone as friendly along the way.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about the best team you ever worked with?
      2. What sets you apart from other candidates we are going to interview?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was intense, but it makes sense why the company is incredible successful and an industry leader. Be prepared to meet with several people and have your resume / background torn apart for accuracy.

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends or those closest to you say that you are not good at?   View Answer
    Be sure to look up the people you will interview with on LinkedIn if they give you a list. Know their backgrounds.