Stryker

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Lack of professionalism through the interview process was extremely disappointing. I don't recommend this company. I was in contact with the head of HR and others in the division along the way, then all of a sudden they just didn't respond to my emails. If you're not interested in my candidacy, fine. Be an adult and politely tell me no. I'll live. Don't act like you're in the coolest fraternity on the planet. It must be the only way they talk their employees into working stupid hours 24/7. This company can kick rocks and kiss my hairy balls.

Interview Question – Nothing. Just the fact that I had to meet with people back to back for an entire day.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Stryker

Interview Details – The HR department is not professional but stick with the process. Long tough process with Gallup questions. Presentation to home office. Be yourself. It is a good company that takes the hiring process very serious, I just wish they were more professional and on time with their calls and hiring managers were honest.

Interview Question – Know about Stryker & why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in February 2012.

Interview Details – The internal recruiter that I worked with at this company was terrible. They would not respond to e-mails at all. I had a phone interview and was told that I would hear something within a week. When 2 weeks went by, I sent an e-mail, and no response. After another week, I sent another another e-mail and this time, the next day, I got the standardized letter e-mailed to me saying we have decided to more forward with other more qualified candidates.

Interview Question – In 3 words or less, describe yourself.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

Interview Details – This was the worst interview process I have ever had. It spanned over six months because the HR people at Stryker are incompetent and complete garbage, as are the regular employees. It was a combination of phone, personal interviews that took place several times. Lots of repetition, inefficiency, and stupidity afoot. The HR people are also incapable of being quick about travel plans. I didn't get my itinerary or schedule until the day before my travels which can be VERY troublesome and problematic-- which occurred when there was an issue with my ticket.

This was the worst, most unprofessional and most inefficient interview process I have ever had. The people who were interviewing me were not intelligent and very sub-par. The people shuffled me around and didn't know what they were doing. This does not shine well to a potential employee. I ended up talking to a lot of people who work/worked at Stryker and they all encouraged me to NOT work there because it's a waste of time and it's better to go somewhere else, anywhere else because Stryker is not a place that values their employees or has good benefits.

My advice: it is easy to get a job here but you should really look into other options. This company does not care about you. When looking at the offer, I could tell that the benefits are NOT very good, vacation is sparse, NO sick days, performance review before a year occurs, can/will fire you at any time (at-will like many companies) and they expect you to work long hours with no benefit to yourself. Just from engaging with employees here, I could tell the culture is very unprofessional, very backstabbing, and tense. You will not find friends here. I am sure you can learn a lot, but you can also learn a lot at a bunch of other places that won't eat your soul.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – WORST COMPANY EVER. NEVER WORK HERE. Seriously. You're better off working ANYWHERE else.

Flower Mound, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker in January 2010.

Interview Details – I am still in the middle of the process. I was contacted the company. I had an friend working in a different department that recommended me. I was invited in for a face to face interview on Monday. Went in for face to face interview. Then was invited to take the Gallup. Just scheduled Gallup. Will take Gallup tomorrow. We will see.

Interview Question – (I answered that I am a planner) Do you always stick to the plan or roll with the punches.   View Answer

Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was very efficient and straight-forward. They were interested in me and were not afraid to to mask that by beating around the bush. It entailed a three step process toward ultimately being offered the position. I had the opportunity to meet with a sales associate on my university campus and then upon that successful encounter the Gallup interview followed. Next up it was meeting with the established members of management for the division.

Interview Question – What does a typical weekend for you and our friends look like?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker Marketing interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.