Stryker

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Spoke with recruiters at the career fair and then was invited back for an on campus interview the next day. In the interview they asked me questions regarding my resume and ended with a personality test.

Interview Questions
  • The personality test was tough in general because they want a yes or no answer most of the time but they weren't always yes or no questions. Ex: Do you want your coworkers to like you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Marketing Interview

interviewed at Stryker in October 2014.

First round was a simple screening process, and not too difficult. Really I think they just want to see if the person is qualified or not. Second round was Gallup interview to weed out any candidates that do not fit the personality of those working at Stryker. Third round was an on-site interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you spoke to someone with candour.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Lack of professionalism through the interview process was extremely disappointing. I don't recommend this company. I was in contact with the head of HR and others in the division along the way, then all of a sudden they just didn't respond to my emails. If you're not interested in my candidacy, fine. Be an adult and politely tell me no. I'll live. Don't act like you're in the coolest fraternity on the planet. It must be the only way they talk their employees into working stupid hours 24/7. This company can kick rocks and kiss my hairy balls.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just the fact that I had to meet with people back to back for an entire day.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

The HR department is not professional but stick with the process. Long tough process with Gallup questions. Presentation to home office. Be yourself. It is a good company that takes the hiring process very serious, I just wish they were more professional and on time with their calls and hiring managers were honest.

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair, and interviewed on campus the following week. It's purely behavioral, and they definitely are looking for very team-oriented people. It was the very first formal internship/job interview I've ever had, so I should have practiced more. Also, they care a lot about culture fit. So do your research!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in February 2012.

The internal recruiter that I worked with at this company was terrible. They would not respond to e-mails at all. I had a phone interview and was told that I would hear something within a week. When 2 weeks went by, I sent an e-mail, and no response. After another week, I sent another another e-mail and this time, the next day, I got the standardized letter e-mailed to me saying we have decided to more forward with other more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • In 3 words or less, describe yourself.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in May 2011.

This was the worst interview process I have ever had. It spanned over six months because the HR people at Stryker are incompetent and complete garbage, as are the regular employees. It was a combination of phone, personal interviews that took place several times. Lots of repetition, inefficiency, and stupidity afoot. The HR people are also incapable of being quick about travel plans. I didn't get my itinerary or schedule until the day before my travels which can be VERY troublesome and problematic-- which occurred when there was an issue with my ticket.

This was the worst, most unprofessional and most inefficient interview process I have ever had. The people who were interviewing me were not intelligent and very sub-par. The people shuffled me around and didn't know what they were doing. This does not shine well to a potential employee. I ended up talking to a lot of people who work/worked at Stryker and they all encouraged me to NOT work there because it's a waste of time and it's better to go somewhere else, anywhere else because Stryker is not a place that values their employees or has good benefits.

My advice: it is easy to get a job here but you should really look into other options. This company does not care about you. When looking at the offer, I could tell that the benefits are NOT very good, vacation is sparse, NO sick days, performance review before a year occurs, can/will fire you at any time (at-will like many companies) and they expect you to work long hours with no benefit to yourself. Just from engaging with employees here, I could tell the culture is very unprofessional, very backstabbing, and tense. You will not find friends here. I am sure you can learn a lot, but you can also learn a lot at a bunch of other places that won't eat your soul.

Interview Questions

WORST COMPANY EVER. NEVER WORK HERE. Seriously. You're better off working ANYWHERE else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in January 2010.

I am still in the middle of the process. I was contacted the company. I had an friend working in a different department that recommended me. I was invited in for a face to face interview on Monday. Went in for face to face interview. Then was invited to take the Gallup. Just scheduled Gallup. Will take Gallup tomorrow. We will see.

Interview Questions
    • (I answered that I am a planner) Do you always stick to the plan or roll with the punches.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2010.

Interview process was very efficient and straight-forward. They were interested in me and were not afraid to to mask that by beating around the bush. It entailed a three step process toward ultimately being offered the position. I had the opportunity to meet with a sales associate on my university campus and then upon that successful encounter the Gallup interview followed. Next up it was meeting with the established members of management for the division.

Interview Questions
    • What does a typical weekend for you and our friends look like?   Answer Question