Stryker

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Met at a campus career fair over a course of a week they were there. I returned for an interview the next day. The first interview was mostly your standard, why do you want to work here, how will you be a fit, etc. They explained the Gallup interview process as well. Stryker is known to have many interviews (12-15) before they feel confident hiring a full-time employee

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

Applied online and got an email for a phone interview request with in the same day. Recruiter asked some general questions and didn't get into too detail about work. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. No follow up after that. So I guess I wasn't the one.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker in May 2013.

I filled out the standard online application and was notified about three days later that a phone interview would be scheduled. It was very easy to set this up and the phone interview took about 20-30 minutes. I got an email a few days later that said basically that I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions - Why do you want to work for Stryker? Tell me more about your previous jobs/internships.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

Thorough interview process with several different managers representing different business units within the company. They wanted to see that I had done my research about the corporation but mostly the division. Some serious engineering questions, too. Design and engineering rationale, drawing interpretation, and medical device understanding.

Interview Questions
    Asked if offer was up for negotiation. Instantly declined negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Stryker in September 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter that took my information and forwarded me to Styker HR. I had 2 phone interviews with styker HR then a phone interview with an engineer. After that they had me take a personality test and they ran a background check. After all of this they flew me out to Michigan to meet with the various department heads where each of them had a custom little test ready for me. At the end of the day I was meeting with a director of product development and he had me take a test where I read a patent and reproduced a part based on it. After that test he told me I won't give you a job because you would be bored here, however I will recommend you to the advanced product development team. The advanced product development team flew me out the next week to meet with them, after meeting with everyone on the team one on one and going to lunch with one of there higher ups, I sat down with a team member that only asked me if I had managerial experience, I told him no and he told me that they would not offer me a job based on that. At the time I was fresh out of school and had a few months work experience at no time did I pretend to have managerial experience.

TLDR: They were unable to read a resume ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a patent to read and I had to explain the mechanism.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in July 2010.

I was interviewed on the phone. Had very basic, resume-esque, questions asked. It was not a difficult interview yet I did not get an in-person interview. They were very boring and methodical on the phone.