Stryker

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Question – tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Interview Details – Facetime interview after HR phone interview. HR interview was very straight to the point only asking minimal questions about work history. Facetime was with sales manager and more intense asking questions about sales history, rankings, and other questions on what you can bring to the table.

Interview Question – Weird questions though like name three people you would bring to dinner with you and why. Other questions were the normal like tell me your strengths and what would people say negative about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Was contacted through recruiter and sent several emails back and forth regarding the position. Secured in person interview with hiring manager (did not have phone interview). Very standard F2F interview, fairly casual, short in time frame ~25min. I found it to be generally low pressure and not intimidating. Interview was located in a hotel lobby.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you converted/ flipped a doctor from one product to another?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Question – Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview, set up through some connections I had developed on my college athletic team. I was offered a job the next day, but I already had a better offer on the table elsewhere.

Interview Question – I can remember being asked a series of interpersonal situation type questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

Interview Details – I first contacted the sales recruiter for my district. After they were quick to contact me back, we exchange e-mails and phones calls. First process was the Gallup phone interview, a character analysis and then a ride alone interview with the manager for the district.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the whole process was the whole Gallup interview process. This was a very difficult and taxing interview, much more complicated than you would think.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by their recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview. She said they were setting up in person interviews in a couple weeks and she thought I would make it. I followed up a couple times and got the interview. I interviewed with the regional mgr and his colleague. I didn't feel I did great and ended up not being asked to move on.

Interview Question – What was the first time you ever persuaded somebody to do something?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2012.

Interview Details – Ambiguous and unprofessional process.

Reason for Declining – Management was unprofessional.

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in July 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was simple. You meet with the Regional Manager to discuss your personality and resume. When you move on to the next round, Stryker uses the Gallup Interview process, which is done over the phone. It's monitored by a third party. The interviewer can only ask the questions, and cannot reword it, give hints, or help explain. It's very non personal, which makes it difficult to gauge how well you're doing. The best piece of advice is to answer with your gut, and don't look back. Don't answer with simply a "yes" or "no." It's frustrating because you want to sell yourself over the phone, but Stryker does not hear your answers. They simply read what the interviewer dictates.

Interview Question – What kind of people do you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Sale Representative Interview

Sale Representative
Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Let me begin by stating I was at US Cellular and Stryker was just beginning to realize that true talent came in many forms. I'm not sure what you would call mine but I've heard a good closer. Came natural since my Mom was overprotective.

Interview Questions

• It is after the initial interview where they measure your passion and enthusiasm... Its called the SR1 test (basically ur 2nd interview) All you need to do is answer the q's the way you would if you were on your A game in a perfect world where the Alpha always won. I faked it but quickly became it when I started and if you have the ability to adapt you can to.... BTW- My sales manager was the best thing that happened to me in my LIFE. It is that awesome of a life experience... Thanks JG, Love you like a father. Peace   View Answer
  • Listen.... life is short so don't over analyze a interview or you walk in looking like you just saw a ghost. We all had mothers who put us in time out or worse... its just 2 people talking. The more natural and honest you act coupled w/ passion and enthusiasm the better your chances.... peace.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate..... I was on a pay phone when I got the call driving to a OU/OSU game and fell down on the ice twice jumping up and down like I won the lottery.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Stryker

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker Sale Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Stryker employees and interview candidates.