Stryker Sale Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

3.4

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

I first applied through my college and university in the career center. Recruiter will schedule a phone interview within the week, and they asked general questions regarding your skills set, experience, moving capabilities, and salary expectations. Roughly two weeks later, I heard back and had a Skype interview with another sales representative.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a complicated process I (the interviewer) am unfamiliar with and break it down to terms I will know.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2015.

Applied online and set up a phone interview. Due to the recruiter being out of town and having to catch up on e-mails it took 2 weeks just to set up a time to talk. The whole phone interview was about 30 minutes and more a personality quiz than an interview. I was never asked any specifics about my current job and the questions were very awkward. By the end of it I just wanted to hang up.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what makes the patients at your current job champions.... (WTF?) Describe an instance when you were a winner. If winning isn't everything then what is it?.... (Again, WTF?)   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

Spoke with a very professional HR person that asked very detailed questions. They want you to close the interview and strongly expect for you to ask them at least 3+ questions.

Interview Questions
    • What growth have you brought to your current position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was three interviews long. You can do trauma or recon. You work about the same amount of hours but with recon you don't have to be on call. You have to take a test and if you don't pass you won't get invited to the third interview.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Some of the interview questions they asked me were so off the wall stupid that it made me not want to work for them! They did ask some situational questions that pertained to the position. What motivates you? How do you feel about working a commissioned position? What career accomplishment are you most proud of?

Interview Questions
    • What would you rather sell a john deer tractor or a Mercedes?
      Give me one word that described you as a child?
      What kind of animal would you be?
      What activities were you involved with in high school?
      What was your accomplishment in high school?

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker.

The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question
    commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Stryker.

Was contacted through recruiter and sent several emails back and forth regarding the position. Secured in person interview with hiring manager (did not have phone interview). Very standard F2F interview, fairly casual, short in time frame ~25min. I found it to be generally low pressure and not intimidating. Interview was located in a hotel lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you converted/ flipped a doctor from one product to another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Facetime interview after HR phone interview. HR interview was very straight to the point only asking minimal questions about work history. Facetime was with sales manager and more intense asking questions about sales history, rankings, and other questions on what you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Weird questions though like name three people you would bring to dinner with you and why. Other questions were the normal like tell me your strengths and what would people say negative about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

I first contacted the sales recruiter for my district. After they were quick to contact me back, we exchange e-mails and phones calls. First process was the Gallup phone interview, a character analysis and then a ride alone interview with the manager for the district.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the whole process was the whole Gallup interview process. This was a very difficult and taxing interview, much more complicated than you would think.   Answer Question