Stryker

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a job in the Bay Area. Set up a quick 15 minute phone interview with her and then was set up with another phone interview with the sales managers. That was with 2 people on a conference call and lasted about an hour. They seemed somewhat unprepared, but regardless the interview was smooth and they asked me all generic sales experience questions.

Interview Question – What did you do when you were unable to help a customer?   Answer Question

Middletown, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

Interview Details – Interviewed initially with sales manager and area director simultaneously. Was asked a few questions about my sales style, approach and experience then they took turns for 30-40 minutes telling me why Stryker was better than the competition. Received a call 3 hours later to schedule a ride-along with sales rep.

"Ride-along" ended up being a 30 minute interview *to which they arrived 30 mins late* with the two aforementioned employees and the sales rep. They collectively did all the talking. Received a call later that day to tell me I was the person and I merely had to interview with the VP the following week.

VP interview went well. Took Gallup two weeks later. Gallup folks told me my results would be in the hands of my hiring manager with 48 hours and I should follow up with hiring manager. For some reason, however, my hiring manager told me 3 days later, a week later and two weeks later that my results had yet to arrive. At the one week point I didnt feel I was being dealt with honestly and continued my search elsewhere.

Interview Question – What has been the most challenging point of your career thus far?   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed at Stryker in June 2013.

Interview Details – The territory manager sent my resume to the hiring manager with whom I had a half an hour informal interview over dinner. Rode along with rep, but never heard back from manager.During the interview he gave every positive signal that I was the right fit for the job, but then I just never heard back from him, despite escalating work load for the associate-less rep and pressure from his end to the manager and multiple phone calls from me. Two months later HR called to interview me, but the HR person had a family emergency and had to reschedule. They never rescheduled. Another two months later I got a rejection email. All in all, it was one of the most unbelievable experiences of my professional life. I consider it to be the height of unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave the easy world of pharma for this?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in July 2013.

Interview Details – applied online and was contacted within a week to set up a phone screen. Spoke with HR for about 30-45 minutes, then was told they were too far along in the hiring process to submit me now. Was then forwarded on to a hiring manager for a different role. Spoke with manager, she basically convinced me the position was not glamorous, would be working from the bottom, and I was most likely over qualified. She asked me to think about it, and get back to her. I declined to proceed.

Interview Question – standard questions: what do you know about the company? why do you want to work here? strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Stryker in November 2013.

Interview Details – Received an Email about Phone Interview. Phone interview was about 20 minutes, very brief and informal.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were able to change a customers mind completely.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – They were the standard questions she read straight from a list.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1 short 15 minute phone screen, 2 face-to-face interviews, read Strengths Finder Book 2.0 and did only survey to find my Top 5 strengths, then I went to the local home office to demonstrate a surgical procedure from to start until finish and to also assemble instruments in the order they would be used for the procedure, I had 2 ride-A-long in the OR, and a Gallup phone interview as well.

Interview Question – You are faced with one product that you can sell in bulk with pricing flexibility and another product that has no pricing flexibility but it is a higher ticket item. You can only sell one of the two forever which one do you sell and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely lengthy yet thorough interview process. Many steps but well worth it as Stryker hires the most talented sales reps.

Interview Question – Have you ever dealt with a situation that goes against your morals? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still in process!

Englewood, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Stryker in October 2011.

Interview Details – Stryker is a leader in medical device sales and I was honored to have interviewed with them. They were very friendly and the interview was a casual conversation about the position and why I would fit with them. Overall the interview went great and was a low stress situation.

Interview Questions

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Stryker in August 2011.

Interview Details – Much easier if you have a referral within the company as this company has stringent criteria. They are definitely looking for type A personalites who come from a team-oriented environment and are extremely competitive. past athletic achievements and academic achievements will go a long way in helping you assimulate into their culture.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!