Stryker Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2012.

1 short 15 minute phone screen, 2 face-to-face interviews, read Strengths Finder Book 2.0 and did only survey to find my Top 5 strengths, then I went to the local home office to demonstrate a surgical procedure from to start until finish and to also assemble instruments in the order they would be used for the procedure, I had 2 ride-A-long in the OR, and a Gallup phone interview as well.

Interview Questions
  • You are faced with one product that you can sell in bulk with pricing flexibility and another product that has no pricing flexibility but it is a higher ticket item. You can only sell one of the two forever which one do you sell and why?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

Extremely lengthy yet thorough interview process. Many steps but well worth it as Stryker hires the most talented sales reps.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever dealt with a situation that goes against your morals? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Still in process!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

Was contacted by email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a job in the Bay Area. Set up a quick 15 minute phone interview with her and then was set up with another phone interview with the sales managers. That was with 2 people on a conference call and lasted about an hour. They seemed somewhat unprepared, but regardless the interview was smooth and they asked me all generic sales experience questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you were unable to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in July 2010.

Interviewed for sales position, 30 minute face to face interview and taking the Gallup tomorrow. I read horror stories but honestly feel that it's nothing to worry about if you have a set of juevos.

Interview Questions
    • If you give 90% today, does that make it okay to give 110% tomorrow?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in August 2011.

Much easier if you have a referral within the company as this company has stringent criteria. They are definitely looking for type A personalites who come from a team-oriented environment and are extremely competitive. past athletic achievements and academic achievements will go a long way in helping you assimulate into their culture.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker in August 2014.

BE PREPARED- research the company prior to any interview. Don't be afraid to ask for the job and tell them why they should hire you. STRYKER has plenty of people out there who want the opportunity so go out of your way to stand out and be memorable.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over the person we just met with who has O.R. sales experience?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Stryker in June 2009.

talked about the market being really tough out there....................................................................................................................................................................... ................................................................................................................................................................................................................ .

Interview Questions
    • How does your current job relate and make you a good canidate for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in March 2010.

I met the interviewer at a local eatery and for the interview. It was a fairly comfortable interview, the guy was asking me more questions about myself and about my skills and past experiences versus company facts. It began informally, just to get to know each other a little bit, then he started to ask me many questions about me and why I was applying, then digressed to a less formal situation again. It seemed like more of a personality test than anything so be prepared to answer a lot of "why did you apply" and "what makes you want this position" questions that they build upon for followup questions.

Anonymous Employee in Orange Cove, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange Cove, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in July 2010.

The HR team was efficient, they sent me the personality test right away and after I took it, I received an e-mail to schedule a time to talk. Unfortunately, she called me about a position that I wasn't interested in. I don't want to be on a plane every week and I basically told her to keep me in mind for other positions in the future.
    Regardless of what other people say, personality tests work and the company has some of the best products out there. The culture over there by be a little crazy, but that's how they roll.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in March 2011.

I applied online and was contacted within a day to schedule a phone interview with the recruiting officer. She was very pleasant and the phone interview went great and she told me she was definitely going to move me to the next round for a face to face interview. More than a week passed and I hadn't heard anything from her about scheduling an interview so I followed up, she responded and told me that she was still trying to nail down a date for the interview. Another 10 days passed and I finally received notification that the date had been set and that it was in 2 days! Short notice, but I responded and told her the times I was available, the next day I was told that the interview date had to be pushed back to the following week, ok, was actually a good thing because it allowed me some more time to prep. So I picked my time and arranged my schedule accordingly. At the end of the week I had not received any kind of confirmation for the interview so I followed up with the recruiting officer and asked if everything was all set. She responded and said that interview invitations would be sent out later that day. When I finally received the interview invitationit was for a different date than was previously told to me. Now I had to rearrange my schedule on short notice to accomodate an obvious mistake on someone's part at Stryker.. but oh well, I did. Now finally it's been a month since I first applied and I arrive for my interview, they are still interviewing the previous candidate and it becomes clear that they are running behind and my interview ended up being 40 minutes later than what was scheduled. Now as for the interview itself, it was a panel of two, there were supposed to be three but who knows where the other guy was, they didn't mention him or why he wasn't there. It was a pretty standard and basic interview, nothing too hard, they didn't ask me to pitch them anything and I felt I did very well and made a very strong close. But of course they give the arbitrary answer of what their process was and how they go about selecting candidates so I tried to get an answer on if I was moving on to the next round or not by asking "process aside, if you had to chose now, would it be a yes or no?", one of the guys was about to answer (and I believe he wanted to say yes) when his boss stepped in and killed it and said that they aren't saying yes and aren't saying no, and that they will go through their process, he gave me a concern he had on my experience and I responded and attempted to overcome his objection about my experience by explaining to him in more detail one of my previous roles and how it was relevant and he was pretty much a dick at that point and rushed me out the door because they were "behind". They both said I did extremely well and that they were impressed but who knows if that's just a line or not, only time will tell.

The one thing that is strange to me is that it didn't sound to me as if there was really a position open, from what they told me about their process is that they continuously interview candidates and sometimes it might be a week before they make an offer and sometimes it might be 6 months..they just never know. Seems a bit odd to me, if you are going to post a job listing online and take up peoples times with resume submissions, phone interviews, and face to face interviews there should be a real position open, but it sounded like they were lininng the shelves with qualified candidates that they could contact later on down the line when they needed someone.