Stryker Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.3

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Some of the interview questions they asked me were so off the wall stupid that it made me not want to work for them! They did ask some situational questions that pertained to the position. What motivates you? How do you feel about working a commissioned position? What career accomplishment are you most proud of?

Interview Questions
  • What would you rather sell a john deer tractor or a Mercedes?
    Give me one word that described you as a child?
    What kind of animal would you be?
    What activities were you involved with in high school?
    What was your accomplishment in high school?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Stryker.

The gallup profile can be difficult; off the wall type questions; need a lot of examples of how you have performed in the past; this is where they check your moral compass

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to break through a bottlenect   Answer Question
    commission only-quota based on previous results in territory

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in April 2014.

Facetime interview after HR phone interview. HR interview was very straight to the point only asking minimal questions about work history. Facetime was with sales manager and more intense asking questions about sales history, rankings, and other questions on what you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Weird questions though like name three people you would bring to dinner with you and why. Other questions were the normal like tell me your strengths and what would people say negative about you that isn't true.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Stryker.

Was contacted through recruiter and sent several emails back and forth regarding the position. Secured in person interview with hiring manager (did not have phone interview). Very standard F2F interview, fairly casual, short in time frame ~25min. I found it to be generally low pressure and not intimidating. Interview was located in a hotel lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you converted/ flipped a doctor from one product to another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Stryker.

Phone interview. Followed by 2nd phone interview with Gallop (50 min rapid fire question and answer). Face to face interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager was contrarian and difficult, but post-hire informed me that he knew he was going to hire me right away. In-house interview with V P of sales and other internal management.

Interview Questions
    • Gallop Interview is fast paced...be prepared!   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Stryker in April 2012.

I had one interview, set up through some connections I had developed on my college athletic team. I was offered a job the next day, but I already had a better offer on the table elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • I can remember being asked a series of interpersonal situation type questions   Answer Question

I had a better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Stryker in September 2013.

I first contacted the sales recruiter for my district. After they were quick to contact me back, we exchange e-mails and phones calls. First process was the Gallup phone interview, a character analysis and then a ride alone interview with the manager for the district.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the whole process was the whole Gallup interview process. This was a very difficult and taxing interview, much more complicated than you would think.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2013.

I applied online and was called by their recruiter and did a 20 minute phone interview. She said they were setting up in person interviews in a couple weeks and she thought I would make it. I followed up a couple times and got the interview. I interviewed with the regional mgr and his colleague. I didn't feel I did great and ended up not being asked to move on.

Interview Questions
    • What was the first time you ever persuaded somebody to do something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Stryker in January 2012.

Ambiguous and unprofessional process.

Management was unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Stryker in July 2012.

The hiring process was simple. You meet with the Regional Manager to discuss your personality and resume. When you move on to the next round, Stryker uses the Gallup Interview process, which is done over the phone. It's monitored by a third party. The interviewer can only ask the questions, and cannot reword it, give hints, or help explain. It's very non personal, which makes it difficult to gauge how well you're doing. The best piece of advice is to answer with your gut, and don't look back. Don't answer with simply a "yes" or "no." It's frustrating because you want to sell yourself over the phone, but Stryker does not hear your answers. They simply read what the interviewer dictates.

Interview Questions

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!