Stryker Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

3.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in May 2014.

everyone tells you (even stryker employees) that the process takes forever. THEY ARENT EXAGGERATING. the stryker application and interview process is a huge headache and one that doesnt make any sense from an outside perspective. but when you meet the Styker person you'll realize it works- everyone is great

Interview Questions
    • all questions are very basic and just ask about your work ethic and personality. be honest-- stryker is all about culture fit.   Answer Question

realized that this was not the industry for me

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

I got referred to HR thru a friend of mine. The first step was a phone interview with HR. Then about a week after that I had to do an hour or less Gallup assessment. The assessment is used to determine if you will fit in their culture. I then got called for a F2F interview with directors and SR managers; I interviewed with 6 people, was an all day affair. Few days after that I was asked to come back and interview with people I would be working with, again to gauge your personality. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were a mixed of technical and behavioral questions so be prepared for both.   Answer Question
    It was pretty easy for me to negotiate since I already had work experience.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker.

Met at career fair at school. Got a call to have an on campus interview which lasted 1hour. It was basically a behavioral analysis test. Then after that I was emailed that I was selected to move further through the process which led to a Gallup phone interview. It is a 1 hour phone interview where they ask you an infinite amount of hypothetical questions to see what kind of person you are. The most successful are Type A people so try and sound like that. After that I was asked to meet at Stryker for a whole day interview with 13 different engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Gallup was very strenuous. Would ask questions like what would you do if... or how would you consider yourself when it comes to...   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in October 2013.

Phone Interview:
    I could tell the person was just reading questions and then typing my answers into a computer for later use. It was not very engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Name an instance in which you solved an engineering related problem and how you went about doing it. Straight forward enough but I guess I was just caught off guard from hearing key strokes in the background.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in December 2012.

Applied online originally but was denied. Had a friend who worked there submit resume and then was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple and went over my resume and past experiences. After this was told by HR that I would be contacted my a manager to have another phone interview. A week went by and never heard from said manager so I emailed HR person. Said Gallup test wast actually next. Seven days later sent me a link to set up my own Gallup time.

I wont go into detail about Gallup since a lot is written about this here. Just don't sell yourself shot, channel the inner type-A person while remaining true to yourself.

A few days after taking the Gallup I was contacted by my HR person and informed that I fit into the personality type for marketing associate and a materials roles (entry level positions are business planner and purchasing analyst). Both of these roles are in the operations department. She informed me they would like to bring me in to interview for all these roles. After this it took another week to get contacted by someone from the "candidate care specialist team" to set up an interview date.

The day before the onsite interview I was sent a schedule of my interview for the day. It involved eight 30 minute interviews with people from both marketing and operations departments, ranging from low level managers to executive directors. Spent the day looking up these people on Linkedin to get some basic info on them.

Day of interview I arrived at Stryker and checked in at lobby. They made me feel very welcome by putting my name on a TV panel in the waiting area. Girl from HR met me and explained the day and took me to my first interview. Interviews are very quick, 30 minute flies by when you need to go over a resume, build rapport, ask questions and be walked to your next one. Often people were not in there office for my interview so the person I talked to last was on the hook for finding them or they just sent me back to the HR department to wait.

After 4 interviews I had lunch with 2 recent graduates working in similar roles I was interviewing for. This was more laid back, but I found it hard to relax completely with the rapid pace of the whole day. 3 more interviews after lunch, then a phone interview with someone from HR who was offsite.

Three days later I was called back by my initial HR contact and said they could not extend me an offer because I did not give enough concrete examples in building a cross functional relationships to be considered.

Overall I had a positive experience interviewing even though I was not offered a job. The process was slow at times, which I can understand being a large corporation. Everyone as friendly along the way.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about the best team you ever worked with?
      2. What sets you apart from other candidates we are going to interview?
        Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

The interview process was intense, but it makes sense why the company is incredible successful and an industry leader. Be prepared to meet with several people and have your resume / background torn apart for accuracy.

Interview Questions
    • What would your friends or those closest to you say that you are not good at?   View Answer
    Be sure to look up the people you will interview with on LinkedIn if they give you a list. Know their backgrounds.

IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in November 2012.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter a week later.

Recruiter validated my experience fit the job description and asked basic questions to understand why I wanted to work at Stryker.

Next was the Gallup interview to validate you fit the type of individuals the company is looking for.

Next was an online video interview with hiring manager due to location. I was then flown in to interview with two senior executives for two hours in December. I was then phone interviewed by another senior executive in January and finally another web interview in February.

They take their time interviewing candidates to ensure everyone is comfortable with a consensus decision but it was worth the wait as I accepted their offer to join them.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would get buy-in from various business units with different agendas without impacting the project time line?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stryker in June 2012.

I first heard from their H.R. department (later it turned out there's a separate Candidate support role, too). That conversation went well, and led me to the Stryker-focused Gallup poll. I found this somewhat uncomfortable (it's a phone interview, took me about 40 minutes, trying to ascertain your service, assertiveness, and passion, and then ask for specific examples, basically), Which I passed; I guess about 10% of people pass, at least for the Endoscopy department.

From there, I've gone through two rounds of in person interviews; several individual interviews each time. Met twice with the head of Technical Publications. He had lots of standard questions, and gave me a manual to look at and give opinions on, which I thought was a good tactic.

I liked pretty much everyone I spoke with! Everyone seems involved, and likes to work there, and likes the people there. Some are practically evangelists for the company, which was a bit disconcerting.

Second round I met more people outside the writing group; regulatory, engineering management, etc. Only slight glitch was the head of engineering was a bit offended I hadn't worn a suit (which was on the advice of friends; I don't think anyone else I interviewed with even noticed).

At this point, I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • What's the last creative thing you did?   Answer Question
    • What was working in an Agile-type environment like, pluses and minuses?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Stryker in May 2012.

The interview started with the standard Stryker phone interview involving the gallup section that Stryker is known for as well as phone interviews with HR and a senior level engineer. I was told rather quickly after my phone interviews that I was accepted onto the next phase which included an on site interview. The one site interview was very fast and lasted only 4 hours total. Of that time, questions were directed at my background and experience for maybe 15 minutes. Everything else was focused on problem solving, group dynamics, and presentation skills. Because of this, the in person interview is almost impossible to train for. I would practice brainstorming activities and focus on timing your calculations and presenting your results at the end in preparations. Definately one of the most challenging interviews I had, but it was also interesting and fun.

Interview Questions
    • An existing product was presented and I was asked to redesign a sub assembly to perform a different task. I was then asked to rate my designs against the solutions they came up with.   View Answer
    Styker makes quick decisions and the negotation phase was not exception.

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Stryker in February 2012.

The interview lasted for 30 mins. The interviewer asked behavioral questions and true or false questions. There were about 10 mins for your questions.