Stryker Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There are three stages of the interview. The first is a phone interview just to get to know you better, the second is done through an outside company called Gallup. I highly recommend looking up some of the questions beforehand because of how odd they are. The final interview was in person where you meet 7-8 employees who will ask you typical interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First they called me to do a screening, and then had a third party company call and interview me. The third party interviewer called at 7am on January 1st which was tough because it was New Years Eve the night before. I felt that the interview went well and then two days later I got an email saying they decided to go a different route. Interesting that a student from a top 10 school academically and an athlete could not get an intern job here

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Luckily I was targeted by an outside recruiter and he was crucial to the interview process and preparation. Without him, I believe I would have been unprepared about the Gallup Interview and subsequent on-site interview. Fortunately for me, they had been looking to fill this role for quite sometime and it was a case of being available at the right time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing real technical as I believe my experience and knowledge had already been established through my resume and phone interview. The in-person interview was more of a gauge about how I would fit along side my peers and my ability to interact with upper management.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process started off with a screening with the recruiter and then another screening with the hiring manager. The Gallup test followed after the phone screens and a final in person interview with 7 managers/department personnel + 1 HR employee. All the interviewers were polite and easy to talk to so it felt more like a conversation rather than a formal question/answer interview session.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Make sure you have a lot of examples and ideas about your experience to discuss   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

everyone tells you (even stryker employees) that the process takes forever. THEY ARENT EXAGGERATING. the stryker application and interview process is a huge headache and one that doesnt make any sense from an outside perspective. but when you meet the Styker person you'll realize it works- everyone is great

Interview Questions

• all questions are very basic and just ask about your work ethic and personality. be honest-- stryker is all about culture fit.   Answer Question

realized that this was not the industry for me

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got referred to HR thru a friend of mine. The first step was a phone interview with HR. Then about a week after that I had to do an hour or less Gallup assessment. The assessment is used to determine if you will fit in their culture. I then got called for a F2F interview with directors and SR managers; I interviewed with 6 people, was an all day affair. Few days after that I was asked to come back and interview with people I would be working with, again to gauge your personality. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• The questions were a mixed of technical and behavioral questions so be prepared for both.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty easy for me to negotiate since I already had work experience.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Met at career fair at school. Got a call to have an on campus interview which lasted 1hour. It was basically a behavioral analysis test. Then after that I was emailed that I was selected to move further through the process which led to a Gallup phone interview. It is a 1 hour phone interview where they ask you an infinite amount of hypothetical questions to see what kind of person you are. The most successful are Type A people so try and sound like that. After that I was asked to meet at Stryker for a whole day interview with 13 different engineers.

Interview Questions

• Gallup was very strenuous. Would ask questions like what would you do if... or how would you consider yourself when it comes to...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    I could tell the person was just reading questions and then typing my answers into a computer for later use. It was not very engaging.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance in which you solved an engineering related problem and how you went about doing it. Straight forward enough but I guess I was just caught off guard from hearing key strokes in the background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online originally but was denied. Had a friend who worked there submit resume and then was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simple and went over my resume and past experiences. After this was told by HR that I would be contacted my a manager to have another phone interview. A week went by and never heard from said manager so I emailed HR person. Said Gallup test wast actually next. Seven days later sent me a link to set up my own Gallup time.

I wont go into detail about Gallup since a lot is written about this here. Just don't sell yourself shot, channel the inner type-A person while remaining true to yourself.

A few days after taking the Gallup I was contacted by my HR person and informed that I fit into the personality type for marketing associate and a materials roles (entry level positions are business planner and purchasing analyst). Both of these roles are in the operations department. She informed me they would like to bring me in to interview for all these roles. After this it took another week to get contacted by someone from the "candidate care specialist team" to set up an interview date.

The day before the onsite interview I was sent a schedule of my interview for the day. It involved eight 30 minute interviews with people from both marketing and operations departments, ranging from low level managers to executive directors. Spent the day looking up these people on Linkedin to get some basic info on them.

Day of interview I arrived at Stryker and checked in at lobby. They made me feel very welcome by putting my name on a TV panel in the waiting area. Girl from HR met me and explained the day and took me to my first interview. Interviews are very quick, 30 minute flies by when you need to go over a resume, build rapport, ask questions and be walked to your next one. Often people were not in there office for my interview so the person I talked to last was on the hook for finding them or they just sent me back to the HR department to wait.

After 4 interviews I had lunch with 2 recent graduates working in similar roles I was interviewing for. This was more laid back, but I found it hard to relax completely with the rapid pace of the whole day. 3 more interviews after lunch, then a phone interview with someone from HR who was offsite.

Three days later I was called back by my initial HR contact and said they could not extend me an offer because I did not give enough concrete examples in building a cross functional relationships to be considered.

Overall I had a positive experience interviewing even though I was not offered a job. The process was slow at times, which I can understand being a large corporation. Everyone as friendly along the way.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about the best team you ever worked with?
      2. What sets you apart from other candidates we are going to interview?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process was intense, but it makes sense why the company is incredible successful and an industry leader. Be prepared to meet with several people and have your resume / background torn apart for accuracy.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends or those closest to you say that you are not good at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be sure to look up the people you will interview with on LinkedIn if they give you a list. Know their backgrounds.