Stryker

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

For a Houston position. About a week between each response from HR. Phone screen, personality assessment, face-to-face interview. HR had set questions and it seemed like they went down a list. Very nice but also aloof and initially did not exude much friendliness but after the personality assessment they were much more outgoing.

Interview Questions
  • This isn't a question per se but regarding desire to move up in the company I was surprised. Typically companies want people who are willing to be with them for a long time and want to move up (showing commitment and drive, etc), but apparently the Houston ProCare Specialist team has had issues with quick turnover. Because of this I was not offered a position because they didn't feel that I would be challenged enough in the Houston environment. This might not be the case every time they hire, but in this instance they wanted someone with a worker bee mentality that is happy to remain in the same position for life.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Stryker in September 2014.

The interview process is extremely tedious and extensive. From the time I applied to the time I was able to actually start the position was over 2 months. I applied online, had a phone interview with an HR Recruiter, was setup with my first face to face interview, had a second phone interview, followed by the Gallup Interview and then my Final Interview.

Interview Questions
    • The Gallup Interview was the most difficult and strenuous portion of the interview process.   View Answer
    I negotiated within a reasonable table, and they accepted the negotiation without any issues/problems.

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in September 2014.

Process took ~3 weeks. I applied online through Stryker's website, and the process looked like this:
    1) Had an initial phone screening, which was maybe 15 minutes just to ask some basic questions about the resume as well as a few behavioral questions.
    2) Gallup phone interview, took about 30 minutes. All behavioral questions, and probably the toughest part of it all. Try to keep answers short unless asked to expand, with most of the answers being yes/no.
    3) Interviewed with the regional HR manager to discuss the position. This is where I fell off the map and was not offered a position. It seems like the position might be more "sales" than some might think, but that's just stipulation.

Overall the hiring manager from their San Jose location was very kind and helpful, it made the hiring process much easier and very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • "do you prefer to be on a successful team with acquaintances or a close team that is less successful"
      "are you a logical thinker or creative"

Answer Question

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Stryker.

I know it is extensive, I had one phone screening and one personal interview and was not communicated with after that. I sent the person I interviewed with an email and he responded promptly by text.

Stryker ProCare Specialist Interview

Was contacted initially for a phone interview from a recruiter who was very cordial. She asked basic behavioral questions such as 'What are you passionate about'?. She asked basic questions about my resume as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Stryker in July 2014.

1st Step Interview:
    I received an email from a recruiter in California offering me a phone interview within the next few days. Ten minutes after our scheduled time I received a phone call, I blame time zones, from a kind woman in recruiting. Even though she works in HR she knew much about the position. The phone call lasted 12 minutes. It was full of short questions and short answers so they can get a feel for who you are. I'll write each step of the interview process separately as i get them.