Stryker

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Stryker.

Was contacted by a Recruiter. Once I confirmed interest, a telephone interview was set-up with Stryker. The interview was led by the woman who would become by boss and the woman whom I would report to. It lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were quite specific to the position. Both of the women I interviewed with were very bright.
I'm a very experienced technical writer but wasn't that experienced in calibration, in particular. They apparently sensed I could learn the content and my tech writing skills were strong enough to overcome that weakness. (Which was true!) I was offered the job and started about 9 days later, as soon as I completed the personality and drug tests.
Overall everything was a great experience. I loved the people and the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us what you know about calibration. Where do you go to research content?   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate salary, but I negotiated a partial telecommute arrangement.

Other Interview Reviews for Stryker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Stryker in June 2012.

I first heard from their H.R. department (later it turned out there's a separate Candidate support role, too). That conversation went well, and led me to the Stryker-focused Gallup poll. I found this somewhat uncomfortable (it's a phone interview, took me about 40 minutes, trying to ascertain your service, assertiveness, and passion, and then ask for specific examples, basically), Which I passed; I guess about 10% of people pass, at least for the Endoscopy department.

From there, I've gone through two rounds of in person interviews; several individual interviews each time. Met twice with the head of Technical Publications. He had lots of standard questions, and gave me a manual to look at and give opinions on, which I thought was a good tactic.

I liked pretty much everyone I spoke with! Everyone seems involved, and likes to work there, and likes the people there. Some are practically evangelists for the company, which was a bit disconcerting.

Second round I met more people outside the writing group; regulatory, engineering management, etc. Only slight glitch was the head of engineering was a bit offended I hadn't worn a suit (which was on the advice of friends; I don't think anyone else I interviewed with even noticed).

At this point, I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • What's the last creative thing you did?   Answer Question
    • What was working in an Agile-type environment like, pluses and minuses?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Stryker.

Was contacted for a phone interview. Job description wanted someone with a BA/BS degree. I was emailed with a rejection letter stating they were looking for someone with more experience. They knew I just graduated from college.