StubHub

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at StubHub.

My company was acquired by them, so I didn't have to interview. There were a few tense weeks where I wasn't sure if I would be retained. Some folks did lose their jobs in this process.

Since my company was acquired, I had no negotiation power with salary, which was frustrating.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at StubHub in November 2014.

Called up for a phone interview. One hour. Not much behavioral at all. Just one very long-winded technical question. It was a very strange question, but the interviewer walked me through it and gave me hints along the way. Overall, interview could've been handled a little better as far as clarity goes, but it wasn't bad.

Interview Questions
    • There is a stream of incoming tweets, and you have a computer with only enough memory to hold one tweet. How do you return a random tweet, where each tweet has a 1/n chance of being returned? For example, if 5 tweets have come in, then there should be a 1/5 chance of returning any one of those 5 tweets.   Answer Question
    It was generous

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at StubHub.

1) Technical Phone interview with the manager asking some technical questions.
    2) Onsite interview with 4 interviewers. Mostly related to the past experience and some algorithm questions. There was one interviewer asked me about probability and questions related to it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at StubHub in October 2014.

1 Phone Screen
    2 Onsite interview

Coding, Design, Leadership questions. I was expecting it will go on till end of the day but interview cut short in between and somehow hiring manager sensed I am not fit for the role.

Social Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at StubHub in August 2014.

Absolutely horrible corporate experience. Do not recommend to interview there unless you want to be kept in the dark and risk losing your current job
    The interview itself was in the main office in San Francisco, 4 hours with 6 different team members
    Everyone was nice and easy going and asked a mix of technical knowledge/general industry knowledge questions.
    After the interview their recruiter reached out to me with a job offer, which I accepted and then I signed an offer letter in the beginning of August.
    I need to complete a background and reference check before my start date which was pushed out to a month from signing of the offer letter.
    First off the reference check requires all 5 of your references to fill out a 20minute questionnaire, which is a huge nuisance to busy professionals(especially embarrassing to ask your former managers to do that)
    As I complied and completed all the steps, the first signs of trouble began. I needed to submit more managers for my reference check and also their 3rd party vendor couldn't verify some of my past employment so I had to reach out to my former employers and get signed verification letters.
    The whole process and especially communication from their recruiters and internal HR was horrible, after signing the offer letter and completing the forms I was left in the dark for 2 weeks before I heard anything from anyone in regards to additional steps I need to take to complete/correct all the necessary forms.
    As the date of my new employment approaching, and me wanting to put in my 2 weeks at work, I reached out multiple times and asked about the next steps all to no avail. Thank god I didn't put my 2 weeks at work, otherwise I would be in serious trouble.
    Finally 10 days before the start date, I get a call form their recruiter informing me that I didn't passed the reference check(!!!), which is shocking in itself considering I put all the former coworkers/managers that could vouch for me. Apparently they are using the aggregating system for strength of references(WTF does that even mean) and my references weren't strong enough.
    Upon requesting a further clarification, the recruiter could not explain what that actually means, and pretty much hung up on me. So I was basically left out to dry for a month after I received and signed a job offer letter, only to receive a zero explanation as to why my references failed, which never ever happened before. This place is grossly unprofessional and a waste of time

Marketing Manager Interview

Phone screens with hiring manager and on site with team, managers and dependent teams. A lot of the questions go into past experiences and the on site included case studies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at StubHub.

I submitted my resume at a career fair and online the same day, then followed up with a recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled very quickly soon afterwards. and an offer the next day. I was surprised there was no on site interview. I accepted the offer soon afterwards; the negotiation was short because the offer was generous to begin with.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were spread from an algorithmic question - Find the most recent common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree - to more general questions about OOP and design ideas.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at StubHub in January 2014.

An internal recruiter reached out to me by LinkedIn. I had a behavioral phone screening about previous experience. I had another phone screening with team lead. The team lead asked technical questions about trade-offs in my previous work. There was toy question about machine learning. It helped to know when to apply which algorithm in the real-world.

The in-person interviews were over the course of an afternoon (4-5 45 minutes each). I meet with individuals and a small teams that I would work with. Everyone was very nice and professional. The questions were mostly nontechnical. They focused on the domain and possible data-driven insights.

Interview Questions
    • What is a statistical method to control the number of features for large sparse matrices?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Phone Screen, then in person interview

I did not negotiate

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at StubHub.

I applied online and had a 15 minute initial phone interview with the hiring manager. I came into the office for one in person interview with 5 people including the head of our group. Each interview was about 30 minutes long and was very informal. Everyone was super nice!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was meeting with the Head of my group   Answer Question