Student Works Painting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Student Works Painting

Franchise Owner/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process began with an information session that I went into having no idea what it was about, and the interviews began right after. That night in order to get to the next information session I had a brief phone interview of a couple questions (what experience do you have, etc) that was only about ten-fifteen minutes long. After that information session we had to fill out an online application, complete an online personality survey, and from that were selected for a 30-minute phone interview with one of the higher-ups of the company. That was one of the hardest interviews I've done, full of questions really testing your dedication, thinking, and experience you think is worth something to the company. From there we were further selected for a 45-minute personal interview with the head of the company, which was much more laid back.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time you had to "size someone up" quickly to make a decision, when was it, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Every question I was asked I had to elaborate on and prove I was worthy of the position. Their screening process is very good as they only want the hardest workers and the best candidates. As much as Student Works is looking to provide students with summer employment, they are a business like any other and they are very thorough in ensuring they are hiring coach-able, reliable, and accountable employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable

Owner/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process at SWP is extremely thorough. They look for the best, hardworking and committed individuals. Don't assume you can slide through this process with ease. If you are truly looking for a position take the time to impress. If and when you do get hired it is an huge confidence builder because you know that they see they potential in you to be successful and they leave you with know empty promises because they will do their best to make sure you have a successful summer.

Interview Questions

• They are looking for individuals that are willing to learn that are coachable. They want people who are hardworking and committed so focus on explaining why this is you.   Answer Question

Franchise Owner/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

You will go through several interviews with different levels of management in the company. the first interviews will be with district managers or coaches and the final interview is with the head coach. All interviews are for the purpose of getting to know you. They don't ask you to suck up or buff up your resume or experience to attain the position. all that matters is your work ethic and your ability to push yourself harder than other people. if you are not a good fit for the company you should be thankful that they recognized that, because not everybody is willing to do this work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you study your field in school?   1 Answer

Franchise Owner/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Several stages involved. Initial screening that goes over the company values and policy, what will be expected of candidates and interest level of candidates. Two online applications must be completed which ask about work experience, work ethic and skill level. An online personality screening is also completed. If accepted, a second interview takes places 1:1 with an SWP manager and a final interview with the president.

Franchise Owner/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process takes about two weeks. There are several stages of the process. I felt I was well informed of what the experience would be like. The company is very transparent and they encourage you to do research before accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• A big focus of the interview process is ensuring that you understand the ambitious task you are signing up for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Starts with an information session, then to a group interview, then to a phone interview and finally an interview with the president of the company. The whole process is well structured and very informative.

Owner/Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Student Works Painting (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Replied to an advertisement on campus and was submitted to a phone interview followed by two group interviews prior to an offer being made. The interview and hiring process was face paced and exciting (first phone call to signing contract was done in under 3 weeks). The interview process is designed to find future owner/operators with the right drive, risk tolerance, and work ethic. If you are a great match for the program, you should fly through the interview process. If not, you will know very quickly.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Student Works Painting in June 2011.

Interview

well i was expecting a hard technical interview but it was completely reverse. It was totally moral science oriented with questions involving what do you feel about yourself? how can you change the perspective of the world?