Study Group Interview Questions

2.0

Student Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Study Group in May 2009.

The guy that interviewed me is not there anymore, so I am sure it is very different. The one that interviewed me was one of the best managers you can imagine and always had your back, however, since the company has been on a decline, he did the smart thing and got out of there. But I got an email within a day of responding to a Craigslist ad, and then came in for an interview 2 days later. It was super laid back and really not a lot of questions about my work ethic. It really was more about getting to know me, as personality means everything when working in customer service, especially when it comes to the sensitivity of handling foreign students and their cultures. A day later I got a call, asking to start the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where you could not do anything to help the student?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The salary was advertised and during the interview he asked if the I understood that the salary was, unfortunately, non-negotiable.

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Study Group in July 2013.

Initial phone screen, then face-to-face interview with outgoing manager and new manager. Had to follow-up after interview after not hearing back for two weeks. Rejection via email.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected/difficult questions. All the usual behavioural style questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Study Group in April 2012.

Phone interview and face to face interview. it is not hard, but you have yto show them the reason why they have to hire you.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they just provide the offer, and I accepted it.

Student Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Study Group in July 2010.

Saw positon advertised on a website and called for an application form. This arrived after a few days and I completed and returned it. I was in contact with someone at the company via email throughout the process.
    Got asked to attend an interview a week later - this consisted of sitting in an office and having a good chat with the principal and a manager.
    It was quite relaxed, perhaps too much so - there didnt seem to be much of a formula to the process (but I found out that this applied to the job itself as well!).
    Overall a stressless experience but certainly not a thorough one.

Interview Questions
    • What achievement are you most proud of?   View Answer

Worked for Study Group? Contribute to the Community!