1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at StumbleUpon in March 2011.

The recruiting team was very organized throughout the process and after the entire interview process was over, did email in a timely manner to tell me that my candidacy was ending. My main complaint is that the job description was way too general compared to the actual role and its expectations. With a more accurate sense of the role, I feel that I could have been better prepared.

The interviews were conducted via video chat and inperson. They really wanted pitches for strategy which I did relatively ok on not having had great insight on the role. I just feel like I would have performed better if I had known really what the role was about.

Just a few months ago, my friend told me that she was interviewing with SU-- with the same people and the same role (this is nearly one year later). Her complaint: the job description did not at all match the role responsibilities! SU I think really needs to think about what they need and more actively communicate this to candidates so as not to waste everyone's time.

Interview Questions
  • Is StumbleUpon a functional or entertainment product?   Answer Question
  • How would you acquire a large number of users quickly and inexpensively? Be very specific in your answer   Answer Question

Worked for StumbleUpon? Contribute to the Community!