StumbleUpon Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at StumbleUpon in April 2013.

Phone interview, online coding tests. Very exciting coding puzzles and algorithms, even games at the onsite interview which was conducted by very talented engineers. The quality of the questions are much higher than usually at other companies.

Interview Questions
  • If you have a solid CS background these questions are not particularly hard; some of them even playful or open ended.   View Answers (2)
I left another job for this position. I didn't leave for a better compensation; I left because of a better culture.

Other Interview Reviews for StumbleUpon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at StumbleUpon in March 2013.

I had two phone screens, one on-site and one code challenge. The entire process took only a week and half, very simple. On-site interview was with various people that include developers and product managers. Code challenge assignment was straight-forward as well. The in-house recruiter was very responsive. Everyone I spoke to was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    The offer was very good, so no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at StumbleUpon in February 2012.

It consisted of phone screen, coding exercise and onsite interview. Questions were asked about algorithms, design patterns and a puzzle.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find max of numbers stored in stack in constant time?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at StumbleUpon in May 2011.

Went through the interview process, it was a waste of time and no feedback which shows they don't value my time or their own.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at StumbleUpon in March 2012.

They set me up on a phone screen with someone who was socially inept. The person didn't even say hi or introduce themselves. They immediately started asking questions. Their accent was very difficult to understand through the phone. They were hostile throughout the interview. I could tell they didn't want to be conducting the interview. Basically, I was setup to fail. It was like talking to a computer that didn't want to talk to me.

If this person is representative of the engineers at StumbleUpon, then I can only imagine how awkward and tense the social atmosphere must be.